Cheap and best motovlogging setup

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Best not go there then, the wires are very small and tricky to solder ( I was an electronics engineer among other things) annd as I said you would then need a lead going from the bike or other power source which would probably need dangaling wires which is why I havent bothered, I just did it to find out if you could as a few people on the TomTom Bandit forum wanted to know.
But nice to come upon a fellow Bandit user I think there great.
Hahaha probably safer not to then. My electrical knowledge extends as far as wiring a plug.

Yeah I think they are great too and can't fault it. Everyday you hear about gopro or Drifts malfunctioning... But my wee bandit just keeps chugging away.

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R Roadster
Hahaha probably safer not to then. My electrical knowledge extends as far as wiring a plug.

Yeah I think they are great too and can't fault it. Everyday you hear about gopro or Drifts malfunctioning... But my wee bandit just keeps chugging away.

Check out my site Bikervation All fimed with a Bandit or Nikon D5500

Skant153

Wannabie Member
Feb 22, 2020
Rochester, NY
www.sandycreekmanor.com
I ride a
97 CBR 900RR
98 VFR800
98 Valkyrie
07 VT1100
So a lot of people have said the hero4 black is still their camer of choice. Since that's a fairly old phone now, I'm wondering if these cheap Chinese knockoff gopros are comparable in their resolution, bitrate and stabilization. Anyone with an opinion?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So a lot of people have said the hero4 black is still their camer of choice. Since that's a fairly old phone now, I'm wondering if these cheap Chinese knockoff gopros are comparable in their resolution, bitrate and stabilization. Anyone with an opinion?
Lots of people rate them, not sure if that is because they are as good as the GoPro offerings, or if it is because they are good for the price or other reasons.

Reactions: Pooley

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I have been using a cheap £50~ knockoff camera this year and it's better than the Hero 4 Silver I have used for the last few years. It has stabilisation which my GoPro doesn't have, and looks super nice and smooth. Provuded the gyro is turned off I can also use HDR which makes the colours look brill too!

This is coming from someone who was anti-knockoff and never imagined going for cheaper brands ;)

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
I have been using a cheap £50~ knockoff camera this year and it's better than the Hero 4 Silver I have used for the last few years. It has stabilisation which my GoPro doesn't have, and looks super nice and smooth. Provuded the gyro is turned off I can also use HDR which makes the colours look brill too!

This is coming from someone who was anti-knockoff and never imagined going for cheaper brands ;)
Hi, can you give details please I wouldn't mind checking that out as it would be great to have image stabalisation.:)Thanks.

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Hi, can you give details please I wouldn't mind checking that out as it would be great to have image stabalisation.:)Thanks.
Sure thing, I don't think I can link videos here, but if you check out my channel I have a couple videos where I use the cheap Git2 Pro which is basically a GoPro Hero 4 Silver with GoPro Hero 5 features (I think)

I did a comparison not to long ago which wasn't the fairest test, but it should give a good idea. Although in my latest video I stuck it on my friends head and I have had some positive feedback irl for the difference in quality - mainly for the stabilisation.

I think they released a newer model now which is even better, and is still less than £100/$100.

Reactions: B.Vation

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
Sure thing, I don't think I can link videos here, but if you check out my channel I have a couple videos where I use the cheap Git2 Pro which is basically a GoPro Hero 4 Silver with GoPro Hero 5 features (I think)

I did a comparison not to long ago which wasn't the fairest test, but it should give a good idea. Although in my latest video I stuck it on my friends head and I have had some positive feedback irl for the difference in quality - mainly for the stabilisation.

I think they released a newer model now which is even better, and is still less than £100/$100.
Just watched your comparison, good vid, Amazon have the Gitup G3 Duo for £99 at the moment I'm going to do some reserch - Thanks for the heads up, Ride safe. Chris :)

Reactions: Pooley

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
Depends how far you go. If you're just filming stuff and don't grade or mix/match footage from many cameras, yeah a cheap one will suffice - But once you start grading footage and matching up scenes, the extra cash for the consistent GoPro colour profiling/compression algorithms saves hours and hours in post.

Skant153

Wannabie Member
Feb 22, 2020
Rochester, NY
www.sandycreekmanor.com
I ride a
97 CBR 900RR
98 VFR800
98 Valkyrie
07 VT1100
So you're saying, get a bunch of the same Chinese knockoff :D

Also, I'm looking to connect to my phone so I can answer it on my trip and I also want to record while riding. I'd prefer a wired set-up for a more reliable connection. Does anyone have any recommendations for phone controls and wired speakers/mic?

WildOn2s

WildOn2s Vlog
Feb 18, 2020
San Antonio,Tx
I ride a
Indian Chief dark horse
Hello everyone,
Hope all of you are happy and enjoy you life.
I am looking for a cheap and best motovlogging set up. Please suggest.
Purple mic with GoPro adapt or is very affordable. Add chin helmet strap. Get a older model hero and you’re good to go

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts