Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
tbh I had the volume low when watching as was at work so couldn't have it too loud so didn't notice and jumps in audio levels

Phaedrus

Wannabie Member
Nov 18, 2016
I ride a
2002 R1150GS
I'm super interested in seeing a video edited and put together like this . It's a lot of trouble but I think would be interesting with all the perspectives . Can't wait to see your work. I'm a noob but trying my best !

Awesome , I can't wait to see the footage. I agree b roll is super awesome to splice in . I'm super inspired by your aspiration and with vlogging especially since Casey stopped his vlog as well. Let us know how it goes .

I'd love to see the end result of how you get all that footage spliced together. I can barely concentrate on using two different cameras. Usually I don't even run my second one.

For anyone interested, I ended up with this set-up:

1 x Sena 10C on my helmet.
3 x VIRBs on the bike.

I did a trip with a mate around Spain, Portugal & France in October 2018, where I used that set-up.

My mate had pretty much the same set-up. We sometimes had up to 7 cameras running at one time.

I've started posting some videos I put together from this footage on youtube. None of them are really fully what I'm aiming for, but as I get more comfy and familiar with DaVinci Resolve 15, I'm gradually getting happier with each one. Editing really is where the hard work and time is spent. I'm really just getting to grips with the timing of the edits and finding a flow/pace. Zero attempt from me to address any colour correction between the cameras - footage of the same scenes often looks quite different between the Senas and the VIRBs. I'll learn how to address that at some point in the future.

I started a thread on those videos on here earlier today, but it got deleted - I've messaged admin for clarification. Until they let me post videos again, if you can be bothered to look these multi-camera videos are on the same youtube channel as the video in my first post in this thread. Not seeking likes or subs - I just do these videos pretty much for friends and family to see.

Mark

Phaedrus

Wannabie Member
Nov 18, 2016
I ride a
2002 R1150GS
Yep. I thought I did post my video today in the Member's Vlogs section. Maybe I got that wrong? Not trying to be a pest. :)

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I got the location wrong, sorry, I've PM'd you and restored the thread.

Reactions: Phaedrus

HDMotoZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2019
Okc
I ride a
iron 883
hey guys im having problem with my mic getting distorted inside helmet. when mic is about foot away perfect. when in my helmet no mater were and how much i wrap it my voice is to load inside my helmet.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
hey guys im having problem with my mic getting distorted inside helmet. when mic is about foot away perfect. when in my helmet no mater were and how much i wrap it my voice is to load inside my helmet.
Hiya, it sounds like your mic has too much gain. Are you able to adjust the gain on the camera? If not, you may be better off with a different microphone!
I use these cheap ones, and normally buy a few at a time as they do break, but they are cheap so it isn't the end of the world:

I use a GoPro Hero 5 Session (and 6 and 7 Black) with those and the gain is perfect if I position the mice in the cheek padding! :)

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
What are you using to wrap the mic? I've fumbled with my mics so much I feel like I can weigh in on this.
Here's what I do, I have my mic with foam on top, I wrap that with some deadcat, then I trim the dead cat a little, not too much. After that I wrap the whole thing with a microfiber cloth or bandana. I've found the bandana is better at dealing with wind noise but muffles my voice a little. The microfiber cloth wrap allows a little more wind but the voice comes in clearer.
I've got a fairly deep voice and my helmets are loud.
Mic's I've used that have worked for me are...Samsung and Apple Phone headphones with the earpieces cut off, VOIP/Skype 6" Flex Mic, Giant Squid Omnidirectional Mic, Purple Panda Mic.

I use a GoPro Hero7 along with a Tascam DR05 Audio Recorder, before that I was running a Hero5 Session with the MicAdapter.

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 18

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts