Bluetooth Mic

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Hi guys, I'm yet to start making vlogs as the roads around here are still covered in snow and ice. I'm using this to work on my setup, currently I have a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 which will be chin mounted in the next couple of days. This cam supports Bluetooth microphones which is one of the main reasons to go that route. Does anyone use a Bluetooth mic and can you reccomend me one?

I'm currently looking into getting this one, as I can use it as a headset and headphones when not recording vids. Have anyone tried it or I should go ahead and take one for the team :).

the headset is named " V1 - 2A bluetooth headset" and can be found in several chinese websites. Sorry for no link, but I'm too young for that.

Best regards, WingManGT

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Little update on the topic. Tested several bluetooth headset (regular ones, that are worn on the ear). Mic sound quality is very good and best of all wireless. Right now I have on order BT-S2 intercom headset to carry the bluetooth portion and if don't like the microphone I'll just cut it and solder the CVM-V01GP which from what I see on youtube is quite decent.

here is a sample of the mic. Its around $10. Will update once i finalize my setup :).

video name is : Sorry cant link it .... and video is not mine as well.

"Better audio for vlogs with Commlite Smartphone Lavalier by Chung Dha"

Garthox

Wannabe vlogger
Feb 22, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
BMW 650 GS Dakar
There was an app that I used to record audio from my headset while on the bike.
The quality wasn't the greatest (more the app than the headset) but did a good enough job.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Update: I've tested the setup today, and the Bluetooth headset connected to the camera with no issues. I just have to figure out where to place the microphone to get a clear and not boomy and distorted audio. Its not that clear unfortunately.

Reactions: HippoDrone

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Okay, my Bluetooth mic experiment comes to a close. Clean look, easy setup and working mic. Although it works, the sound quality is not that great, and a poor mic is a no no when trying to make videos. So I've ordered a mic adapter. Hopefully that will work as it is supposed to. It is getting a bit frustrating at this point, but I'll make it work. #wired

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Bluetooth mic experiment comes to a close. Clean look, easy setup and working mic. Although it works, the sound quality is not that great, and a poor mic is a no no when trying to make videos
Hey!
I am also going to upgrade to virb ultra 30. Mainly because of the switch. I like this one, over the push button.
So far I have recorded my audio with a cellphone, also using my bluetooth intercom mic. Anyway, I am curious, if you managed to make the bluetooth solution work, in the end, or went with a wired mic?
Also, does the camera make a separate audio file, or is it fixed to the video?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts