Bad Bike Lesson Advice?

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Luckily I'm not going to be a bike commuter so if it's not gonna be a fun ride then I won't be doing it.

Congrats, and remember we are all learning constantly.

On not being a commuter, I suggest you do it regularly, a few times a month. There's nothing like learning the roads and the ways of other users than commuting; you're learning technical aspects all the time (filtering, clutch control, braking distance, slow-speed maneouvring, general awareness, road conditions, corners, junctions etc), keeping your skills sharp, and learning about your bike and its capabilities.

ride512

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2015
I ride a
Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • The other instructor barely said anything on our ride. He seemed to follow a pattern of waiting for you to make the same mistake a few times before a reminder when we were at stop lights and then a debrief when we stopped. Trying to ride, thinking about mistakes, hearing about the mistakes and then trying not to fuck up the next manoeuvre all while trying to stay upright was one step too many.

I took the MSF course here in the US and one of the first things our instructor told us was "I can't teach you how to ride.". Was his way of saying I can correct your mistakes, but you have to learn the feel and gain the muscle memory it takes to ride.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts