Anyone else getting this message from YouTube concerning channels below 1K?!?!

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I like @Lurch plan of turning the demonization table on YouTube. Why should they still profit off of stuff we create for them for free?

I am also researching Vimeo for hosting. Put the 45 second on a YouTube with a link to Vimeo video. Since YouTube clamped down on Patreon back in September and Vimeo has one level that allows the creator a tip jar - makes sense to look at switching.

Another option is checking with the host of my website domain about videos through them. I had tinkered with that about 11 years ago so I may do that again.

Finally, YouTube seems to have no qualms about negative publicity as long it is not to Mr. Paul's level. I am considering a little cheeky approach there too.

How about you @Mr. G ?
Boogie2988 had a good video on this. He suggest diversifying to other platforms as well. Use youtube when it helps you. Use twitch etc.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Also, I think a YouTube black out day should be considered. A mass black out could be a good message to advertisers. YouTube is not treating us well. Your add money is at risk. Also, I think we need a new format. YouTube kinda had a legal Monopoly. No competition.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
a blackout day wouldn't work unless everyone made all their previous videos private too, there is always something to watch on YouTube even if it wasn't posted that day!

Reactions: R-Rated

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I'm pretty sure he meant blackout as in boycotting by viewers. But considering youtube has 30 million daily visits, by some statistics. It is difficult to even have a 10% reduction of views.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
All the above still a good idea on some level. Just got to work out the details a bit more.

Remember, we are getting shafted for lack of subs.

Other platforms are not sub driven. Either folks watch or they don't.

Therefore, if you have content that is getting a lot views, shares, comments, so on then another platform may be the way to go. Just be sure to leave a note on YouTube where you took it and why.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
a blackout day wouldn't work unless everyone made all their previous videos private too, there is always something to watch on YouTube even if it wasn't posted that day!
Makes sense to me. Black these fools out and let them know that if we can not get the kind of product we want from them we might just have an effect on their walley.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Hey gang, I was reading through the instruction manual on YouTube and if you have not looked, here is what options will still be available to us after the 20th of Feb.

1516322581583.png

I am still going to research some other possible platforms in the meantime.

Reactions: MotoAdventureMe

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
For now I've started making both my Youtube channels verified on Brave Payments. So for viewers that browse using the Brave Browser for it's built in ad blocker and other security features, and are earning $BAT cryptos watching ads on the Brave platform, they can support us there.

Another platform I'm looking into is Flixxo, but it's only slated to come out later and I'm a tad bit wary of it atm but I might make the shift if it looks good.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
For now I've started making both my Youtube channels verified on Brave Payments. So for viewers that browse using the Brave Browser for it's built in ad blocker and other security features, and are earning $BAT cryptos watching ads on the Brave platform, they can support us there.

Another platform I'm looking into is Flixxo, but it's only slated to come out later and I'm a tad bit wary of it atm but I might make the shift if it looks good.

How would one sign up the little channel for Brave's project?

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
How would one sign up the little channel for Brave's project?
https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

Follow this site. It's basically Patreon in a browser, you still need to ask people to go out of their way to support you by using another platform and patronizing you. So there's some effort involved.

The only difference is they don't necessarily have to do it out of their own pocket.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
End of the day, YouTube is a business, not a charity, they will obviously set up rules and criteria that will please the advertisers because ads are the things paying for everything.

It only truly effects the ones that are just starting up with the purpose of making a living off posting up videos. If you are posting up videos for your own sake of fun and interest, and not a means to a pay-check, I don't really see why you should be bothered with their new rules or meet their criteria.

I guess in a way, I'm looking for the ones that are doing it just cause they like to film and post videos of their stuff, and not because they want their channel to be big, to be famous, to be cashing in on the ad revenue.

So does that mean if you are doing it for fun, you should not be getting any money out of it? No, that's not that I mean at all. All I'm saying is that if you are sharing your videos because you like to do so, and if the people start to view, sub, and your channel grows (of course it won't be a fast growth), all is well and you will meet the criteria and also have some pocket change. Like an incentive in the long run for just doing something you like without the expectation of getting paid for it.

Some of you may say that I'm only saying this because I'm "safe" but honestly I'm just looking at this from a logical point of view. Again, my view is of an average user that just wants to share videos maybe to friends/family and not trying to make it big time.

Sorry if anyone felt offended about my opinion.

Edit:
When I look back at myself, I see that I did not push for growth, views, or subs. I just continued to post videos without really doing any kind of analysis, that's the truth. I did not start the channel and immediately look for growth. It just grew at it's own slow pace, perhaps an organic pace, I don't know. For a channel that was created back in 2011 till now and having only 90k subs, I don't think it's a huge success but yet I did not put any expectations either. I'm happy with the way it is and the way it's going. I've seen some other guys having explosive growth on their channels, that's good for them (using whatever methods of promotion) but it is also a pressure there to keep at it or else the growth will fizzle down. I don't see such a problem for myself as I've not used any aggressive promoting and I don't have a bar to keep at.

Last edited:

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Wise words there.

I think the upset is because the goal posts got moved. And the enjoying it is a valid point, but they cents you get to start with is hardly a big deal to either side, but it’s a token thanks for allowing in-video adverts on your videos.

It can, and will, shaft anyone small that wishes to publish a “viral video”. Only way now is to licence it to Jukin’ and let them monetise it on your channel, how that will work now I’m not sure.

Bubbz

Bubbzification
Jan 20, 2018
Chattanooga, tn
I ride a
2007 klx 110
Got the message as well. I thought I was on my way to a growing channel. Guess more and better content is the only way to make their standards.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Got the message as well. I thought I was on my way to a growing channel. Guess more and better content is the only way to make their standards.
yup, post regularly and post good content, the subs will follow, it is a long game though, folk just need to have a little patience! :)

Reactions: Mr. G

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
Wise words there.

I think the upset is because the goal posts got moved. And the enjoying it is a valid point, but they cents you get to start with is hardly a big deal to either side, but it’s a token thanks for allowing in-video adverts on your videos.

It can, and will, shaft anyone small that wishes to publish a “viral video”. Only way now is to licence it to Jukin’ and let them monetise it on your channel, how that will work now I’m not sure.
Yeap, it's not because the requirements are hard to achieve or anything. It's because Youtube changed the terms of agreement unilaterally.

A lot of people say you don't deserve to be paid by Youtube, you are not employed by Youtube, you are your own independent business owner doing business with Youtube and Youtube merely chose to no longer do business with you.

If that's so, can you imagine in almost any other B2B scenario, if after signing a contract, one company decides to just change the terms by itself and demand the other follow? That would be illegal as fuck. If this was regular business dealings Youtube would've been sued to hell and back and been on the headsman's block never to return.

Reactions: R-Rated and Mr. G

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts