Anyone else getting this message from YouTube concerning channels below 1K?!?!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
It looks like the custom thumbnails are safe, we will still not be promoted by YouTube though if our videos don't earn them any money!

View attachment 2962

We could possibly counteract them not promoting our videos and instead do our own promoting via Facebook channel, Twitter, etc.

I relize their might be a monetary outlay but maybe a little here and there might be just enough...

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
After all, if he made 12.5 million then how much did the platform make?

It’s about protecting future revenue. I get that YT doesn’t want to loose any people paying for ads, so will filter content to appease the people paying the wages. I guess the effect on small channels is that we’re a small amount of revenue for them, but due to numbers, it’s not cost effective to moderate the content and make sure it’s not inappropriate for the advertisers.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Not enough people will make a stand.

If they remove you from the monetisation platform, then they can’t place in video ads, so no revenue there, but they can out ads at the side on desktop YouTube, but you can opt out of that.

Upside - you can now use copyright music without strikes, and more often than not, the copyright holder gets ad revenue. Twist on the plot, show dead bodies, curse and rage, and watch it stay with ads now they don’t have to share revenue with you.

Sorry, did that sound cynical?

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Not enough people will make a stand.

If they remove you from the monetisation platform, then they can’t place in video ads, so no revenue there, but they can out ads at the side on desktop YouTube, but you can opt out of that.

Upside - you can now use copyright music without strikes, and more often than not, the copyright holder gets ad revenue. Twist on the plot, show dead bodies, curse and rage, and watch it stay with ads now they don’t have to share revenue with you.

Sorry, did that sound cynical?

Does not sound cynical at all. I do like your idea of demonetization going both ways. I will likely play that card since the amount of TB I have posted would be too much for the Vimeo free option.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I quite like the idea of putting decent music on videos, main reason I don't put music on mine is due to me monetizing them, kinda funny that my content isn't deemed advertiser friendly unless I put stolen content on it! :D

Reactions: R-Rated

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Yeah, it is one way to make some quick cash now.
They will slit their own wrist, but that will be a slow bleed to death.

No real adversary yet out there.
Best bet would be to start your own website, and earn through there.
But getting the traffic there is difficult.
(then again, it is how most big companies on youtube do it already)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
It seems it wont be long before Amazon enter the market. That could shake things up a little.

The thing here is it will be the advertisers driving this. Obviously they don't feel they are getting their moneys worth by adverting on small channels so YouTube have take steps to solve that.

The problem is they have made small creators feel like they are not worthy by doing this. I was already well on the way to 1000 when this came out, but I will most likely still be effected by it, unless I get to 1000 in the next 30 days or so.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
It seems it wont be long before Amazon enter the market. That could shake things up a little.

The thing here is it will be the advertisers driving this. Obviously they don't feel they are getting their moneys worth by adverting on small channels so YouTube have take steps to solve that.

The problem is they have made small creators feel like they are not worthy by doing this. I was already well on the way to 1000 when this came out, but I will most likely still be effected by it, unless I get to 1000 in the next 30 days or so.
Obviously if Amazon enters the market, and chooses to focus on attracting the existing big talent, they probably won't make it because they are already on Youtube or Twitch.

If Amazon wants to play smart and secure a future they need to differentiate themselves from the content already on Youtube, and that means picking the best from those already shafted by the tube and nurturing them to bigger levels.

I hope they focus more on artistic content creators like animators, videographers/film creators, and musicians. Because traditionally these are the people that get shafted all the time because our work is extremely high quality and labour intensive, yet short and never gets rewarded.

Youtube can keep all their shitty clickbait Logan Paul vloggers and Let's Players who just factory churn out bloated low effort low quality content.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
What r we going to do about it. Will you quit facing this scenario? Or move foward?

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
What r we going to do about it. Will you quit facing this scenario? Or move foward?

I like @Lurch plan of turning the demonization table on YouTube. Why should they still profit off of stuff we create for them for free?

I am also researching Vimeo for hosting. Put the 45 second on a YouTube with a link to Vimeo video. Since YouTube clamped down on Patreon back in September and Vimeo has one level that allows the creator a tip jar - makes sense to look at switching.

Another option is checking with the host of my website domain about videos through them. I had tinkered with that about 11 years ago so I may do that again.

Finally, YouTube seems to have no qualms about negative publicity as long it is not to Mr. Paul's level. I am considering a little cheeky approach there too.

How about you @Mr. G ?

Reactions: Mr. G

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts