1st time Motovlogging

bogskiee

Wannabie Member
Feb 12, 2020
I ride a
Yamaha Aerox 155
Hi guys, just want to have some tips in motovlogging, it is my first time to make a motovlog. Can someone give me an advice or any tips? Thank you.!

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Short intro if you have one.
Do a practise vlog, just to get a feel off talking out loud. Use that practise vlog to recognize your stoppingwords (uhm, ok, yes) and when you do the real vlog try to pause after a stoppingword so if possible you can cut them out of the real vlog.
Don't do too many cuts, every couple of seconds is annoying, sometimes it is better to leave a stopword or a fault in.
When possible, switch to a secondary view (something i do not enough of either xD).
When talking about a big subject do some research and some rehearsals so you know upfront what to mention. Some use a cheating paper ;)
Or just wing it and talk about what feels at that moment.

Don't make it to long, although Youtube's algorithm nowadays prefers 10+ min of footage, try to keep it closer to 10 min then 20 min. People will skip very long video's, especially if they aren't familiar with a vlogger yet.

Don't be afraid to redo a sentence or 2 when needed. Sometimes gibberish can be fun, and sometimes it is good to redo a section ;)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Aye, keep the video below 10min and work on your in helmet audio, it is better to have great audio then 4k footage, so get your in helmet mic placement sorted to reduce wind noise and not muffle your voice too much. Avoid long straight roads if you can, try and do your talking on a nice twisty bit of road or one with great views and then edit out all the more boring roads.
A vlog is basically a story, even if not in the conventional sense, so give it a start, a middle, and an end. Introduce it, even if it is just to say hi and welcome. Talk about whatever you want to talk about, and then end it with a goodbye and a thank you for watching.
Learning to talk to yourself in helmet is something some find harder to do, so practice it before making the first video for your channel! :)

bogskiee

Wannabie Member
Feb 12, 2020
I ride a
Yamaha Aerox 155
Thank you for the replies. Can you give me some tip what are the best contents to do or to make? going to mountain? going to an event? going somewhere?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
That will all depend on your audience. Bike reviews are generally good for gaining views. Events are tough as they tend to be a niche of a niche and are also hard to vlog. I'd suggest just ride an interesting route mainly if it is a motovlog.

Reactions: bogskiee

bogskiee

Wannabie Member
Feb 12, 2020
I ride a
Yamaha Aerox 155
That will all depend on your audience. Bike reviews are generally good for gaining views. Events are tough as they tend to be a niche of a niche and are also hard to vlog. I'd suggest just ride an interesting route mainly if it is a motovlog.
Thank you.

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SpyFinity General Discussion 7