YouTube Premiers

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Does anyone here utilize the "premier" function? I have noticed I like to do this so that way the video can start uploading and processing without having to list it as private / unlisted first so it can have full quality upon releasing it.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't like the Premier feature much, I use the Schedule feature to to ensure they are at full render.

Reactions: Pooley

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I don't like the Premier feature much, I use the Schedule feature to to ensure they are at full render.
Maybe I dont know how to use scheduling properly. The only difference is subscribers get notified correct?

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I did it on my last video only because of the amount of time since I last did anything.

Any other time I just wouldn't bother. Be realistic about how many people may actually watch it at release time.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I did it on my last video only because of the amount of time since I last did anything.

Any other time I just wouldn't bother. Be realistic about how many people may actually watch it at release time.
Yeah ill probably just look into shmcheduling it without the premier feature

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Havent used premier, I also just use scheduling.

I dont have many views right after release. Also I havent seen many MC channels do premiers

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Premiere seems handy to build anticipation, yet we are flooded with so much input that I never remember about someones release (maybe other viewers are different). So if a video says "premiering tomorrow" I'm more like "ugh, but I am looking now" and forget about it as I move on to other things. It's not like a YouTube video is a movie release.

The other thing I've noticed is that premieres allow you to enable chat (like a live stream), which is probably only relevant if you're a big channel with a thousand or more active subscribers, I'd gander.

I am personally moving to scheduled releases that can release at the same day/time every week.

Reactions: WheelyPerd

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Premiere seems handy to build anticipation, yet we are flooded with so much input that I never remember about someones release (maybe other viewers are different). So if a video says "premiering tomorrow" I'm more like "ugh, but I am looking now" and forget about it as I move on to other things. It's not like a YouTube video is a movie release.

The other thing I've noticed is that premieres allow you to enable chat (like a live stream), which is probably only relevant if you're a big channel with a thousand or more active subscribers, I'd gander.

I am personally moving to scheduled releases that can release at the same day/time every week.
Yeah I honestly should refine my scheduling. I upload weekly or more but I usually just throw out every video I make right away. I could probably do with saving some and having backup bmvideos for when I don't get a chance to record or am shrot on material

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Its anti-climatic. Get notification on your phone "Blah blah person has a new video". Tap notification that opens a video that doesnt play, only then you notice "Premiering 02:00am".......Navigate to find unsubscribe button :) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I stopped using it rather quickly.

People get notified of new content, check your channel out and see that it is a premiére.
But they don't get a new notify when the video is actually online, and thus missing it.

Reactions: WheelyPerd

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If you use it well it can work, but you still need to schedule it first, on the occasions I've used Premier, I've scheduled it as usual to go up luchtime on the Thursday, then 30 min before it would go live, I change it to Premier at 1200 (the same time it would have gone up) and do a quick post on FB/Insta/twitter and I've had a few folk jump in on it then, and it is fun, but it is a pain, as anyone who joins late, is either out of synch with everyone else, or misses the start.

Reactions: Meifesto

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
It could be really useful if you have a big bunch of loyal and dedicated subscribers. Then you can chat with them and socialize with them which will make them even more loyal to your channel. Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever. If I would premiere my video I would probably have one or two people at best watching it with me... My wife and best mate probably :D lol

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Premier is more like an announcement that a video is coming soon, and during the premier you can have a live interaction with your viewers, but you have to be online during the time the video is set to premier though.

Tried it once, didn't see any useful purpose for it (for myself), so never used it after that.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts