Youtube "limited Or No Ads - Not Suitable For Most Advertisers"

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Anyone else facing this issue?

I saw a big name motovlogger posting about this issue, but never thought it would be an issue with mine since my videos are soooo G rated lol.

I posted two new videos in the last week, and they both got flagged for this. The first one had 1000 views by the time it was flagged, so YT reviewed it quickly. However, my most recent video only has 500ish views so far and it says they won't review it until they hit 1000 views.

This is so frustrating because my content is like I said, SUPER G RATED and not controversial at all :p

I read as well that if you don't have 10k subs they won't look at flagged videos of this manner either!

Surely YT should consider ever content creator has started small and this would be a deterrent for people to create unique videos

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-12%20at%202.05.22%20PM_zpsczprb7ag.png

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I had one flag up the other day. Mine will never get 1k views so am not bothered but it did make me laugh as it was falgged due to the title... which if they actually used context when they flag them they wouldn't have flagged it.

Reactions: Cherrie

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Mostly crash videos getting flagged, and if there is death in the crash, definitely gets flagged. I have some flagged but so far I can understand why they are flagged for. I don't think it's a really big impact, just word your title and description nicely. Also makes me wonder about those crash compilation channels.. Surely every video of theirs is flagged? LoL..

Sure beats that infuriating "copyright claim" bull-sh*t by companies though.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Mostly crash videos getting flagged, and if there is death in the crash, definitely gets flagged. I have some flagged but so far I can understand why they are flagged for. I don't think it's a really big impact, just word your title and description nicely. Also makes me wonder about those crash compilation channels.. Surely every video of theirs is flagged? LoL..

Yea, a very old video of mine where i merely fell off my bike in the rain. Got flagged as not suitable for all advertisers.

I didn't even get an email for it, just saw the status when i was casually browsing my Manage Videos menu.

I'm not mad since I don't get many views anyway or earn much from ads. But boy I'd be pissed if I was a bigger channel.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple

Haha yah much better than the copyright claim bs!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
is why I very rarely use music in my videos!

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Yeah, I got hit too. There is a thread where I am trying to figure out what the standard is YouTube is using.

When you appealed, what was the outcome?
So far my claims went through regarding my personal MotoGP clips, the claiming party released their claim on the video as I didn't rip from their footage.

For the music part, if it is legit claim on their part, I would use the YT editor to get rid of their music and screw up my video. I rather have their music gone than let them have a claim on my video.. Just cause a tiny part of their music was used. I used it because it was initially free but when the creator sold the song then the copyright come into play.

If it's not legit/wrong claim, i.e. the song is not even by the same "claimed" artist, then I'll dispute it, providing the real artist and that it is free use by that artist, then those fools will release their shitty claim.

If I knowingly use a song that's copyright then I won't dispute their claim.

Bottom line, using music on your videos is tricky, try to avoid it if possible.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts