Wrapping Some Pipes on Michelle and Sora

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I didn't have a whole lot of spare time this past winter like previous years, so I've been packing in maintainance the past two weeks and this particular modification is looking pretty good to me! I decided to upgrade from the traditional exhaust wrap which is made from fiberglass to the Design Engineering Titanium Exhaust Heat Wrap, product #010127. The DEI Titanium Wrap is made from crushed basalt, isn't supposed to fade, is more felxible and soft, didn't require gloves to handle. I also didn't have to wet it to apply nor do I need to seal it.

I know there isn't a performance difference in the way that I'm using this wrap (over my heat shields on the Sportster) but I love the way it looks. Some farkle for my rides.

I also needed to repaint the heat shields on the Sportster as the old orange had faded and gotten beat up over the past two years. I think returning to black was long over due.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
I did not take an official temp before wrapping and I haven't had a time to actually go for a ride as it was raining all day Sunday and yesterday was cold and I had meetings after work so I couldn't get out and bake them like I need to.

But I do know that having the fiberglass wrap on there sames the heel of my boot until I wear a hole in the fiberglass exposing my heat shield again. I will try and remember to take a temp reading after a good long ride and see where it stands though just to know how much heat is getting through the heat shield and the wrap and let ya know!

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I did not take an official temp before wrapping and I haven't had a time to actually go for a ride as it was raining all day Sunday and yesterday was cold and I had meetings after work so I couldn't get out and bake them like I need to.

But I do know that having the fiberglass wrap on there sames the heel of my boot until I wear a hole in the fiberglass exposing my heat shield again. I will try and remember to take a temp reading after a good long ride and see where it stands though just to know how much heat is getting through the heat shield and the wrap and let ya know!

Thanks!

I am running fiberglass wrap around mine right about where it burned my right leg. I have a heat shield over that and it still singes pant legs. So no Speedo cruises for me.o_O

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Thanks!

I am running fiberglass wrap around mine right about where it burned my right leg. I have a heat shield over that and it still singes pant legs. So no Speedo cruises for me.o_O

That is a shame as there is nothing more exhilarating than cruising in nothing but a banana hammock!

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Nice bike man! Thats the Nightster right?

That orange pops in the sun! Lovely!

Reactions: LoneWolfer

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts