Rant Why Do People Hate Yammie Noob?

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
Drama alert.

Got a bit wound up by all the hate directed at Yammie after his most recent crash, so did what we do and vlogged it. This is my opinion, at not aimed directly at anyone.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I can't believe he survived that crash. By all rights he should be dead. I wonder if the hatred is just a reflection of disappointment from his friends and subscribers as they feel someone they looked up to did something stupid?

Was there any word on what happened to the Porsche driver, or if his (Yammie Noob's) request for donations may include expenses for the guy's (or gal's) car, medical costs, and possibly legal fees? Given the extent of his injuries he may not ride again on the same level he did before.

Another reason for the shade thrown his way could be he doesn't come off as humbled by the event, apologetic for being foolish, or for me (and I don't hate the guy, but I'm surprised he didn't mention it in his vlog) there's no apology to the driver he hit, whose life he could have ended as well. The Porsche drive could have life changing injuries, to deformities on their part. After my crash I was pissed and annoyed that the guy who almost hit me never apologized, even after he lost his case in court.

- Wuf

Reactions: BehindBars

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
I see where you're coming from, but if I had just survived something where by all rights I should've been dead, apologising to everyone (apart from the driver obviously) wouldn't be my first thought. Being humble about it or not, you'd probably appreciate life and enjoy it, and many people's coping mechanisms involve joking about their traumatic experience. In my line of work people have lost limbs, and we all have a laugh about it, no point being miserable.

I've no doubt he apologised privately to the Porsche driver, but viewers shouldn't expect one. He's not obligated to nor is one owed. Some form of update about the Porsche driver's condition wouldn't go amiss though, however by the look of the car I doubt they had anything more than mild whiplash and a cut from some windscreen glass.

I'm just happy for him that after two near death crashes he's upbeat and living life.

As for the donations, unless he has stated exactly what they're for I feel he's free to use them how he sees fit, be it for medical or legal expenses, or to replace his own gear. Something crash related though, not saying he should go out and blow it on hookers :p

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Wonder if there's a way to find a related newspaper article that would cover what we don't know? Hopefully the driver's okay if he/she had their seatbelt on and weren't injured by their own airbag.

I'm still new to this with only two months under my belt. I'm learning and exploring the motovlog world, and about guys like Yammie Noob so I've no say into the kind of person he is. I'm grateful for anyone who survives a crash, especially one like his. Knowing how litigious the US is I have a feeling he'll have legal fees to deal with unless he has full insurance that would cover the other driver's repair/recovery cost, medical bills, loss of wages, and if they're married any emotional and physical damage their spouse would suffer. From my crash the other guy's insurance covered those cost as they applied to me.

The fact that he's a big Youtube star may work against him as the Porsche driver's lawyers may see him as having deep pockets, or in any law suit, based on his Youtube videos, he may come off as reckless and dangerous to others. This isn't a rant against him, but I know something of the legal system in this country and how a law firm would look at such a case.

He may need all the money he can raise.

- Wuf

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
He does not need all the money he can raise fellows. He needs to hang it up and walk away slowly. Why? Not just because of the two published crashes but also the guy that crashed on one his get togethers as well as as his friend that crashed long ago.

Crashing is one thing but then to present yourself as all that and a bag of chips is another. Sure, he has said to a few motovloggers that he was trying to teach his methods to that he is not like he is on camera, but that is not an excuse for the behavior. I recall the video where he was smug to the cop that pulled him over with his quick answers like he knew it all.

I also recall that he is about making the money. Look at his website for his drop ship store. Look at his how to eBook that can be had for about $20 USD. Making money now seems to be his only motivation and apparently it does not matter the cost to himself or others in some cases. Yes, his parents both died so he has suffered loss in his life, but that is not a good enough reason to throw what talents he had away just to prove machismo or whatever the Brazilian equal is.

Then the last reason to walk away is that if he, and some others, continue the street hooligan riding and airing videos, we are all going to suffer through increased scrutiny by the non-riding public just because we ride and have cameras.

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
@R-Rated, aside from his own crashes, why should other people crashing be cause for him to give up just because they are associated to him? They're responsible for their own actions, not him.

I agree his personality is a bit marmite, a bit cocky sometimes, I haven't seen the video of him being pulled over so can't comment on that specifically but if he was anything like the "I know my rights" gimps then I'm with you on that one.

Everyone's in the YT game for a reason, that's just his own motive. His motive is actually no different to the many motovloggers who push Patreon down your throat and talk about their merch every 2 minutes, they just don't admit it. But if people enjoy the content and want to support it, it's not our place to judge. Why are they any different, just because they haven't crashed? Double standards.

Partially agree with your last comment. I'd like to think the general public has enough common sense not to tar us all with the same brush but we all know that's not the case. However, theres many bikers that do worse, that just haven't been caught out much. For example, everyone loves MaxWrist's videos, and what he does is far more dangerous than what Yammie did, but here the double standards are enforced again. Are you a badass mf up until you crash, and then you become a piece of s**t? The danger exists whether you crash or not, and no matter your skill level.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I guess it simply comes down to an old adage I heard 20 years ago, "a real Biker puts only himself in danger".

Yammie crossed that line in all meanings of the word. So he gets the blowback.

As far as any other rider that falls into the same pattern as Yammie has, they too are just as guilty regardless of if they crashed or not.

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
True, I'm not defending his actions for a second, I just don't think the level of hate he's received is appropriate. I'd reserve those feelings for someone who'd crashed a truck and killed a bunch of kids, y'know.

Guilty, yes. Piece of s**t, nah.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
True, I'm not defending his actions for a second, I just don't think the level of hate he's received is appropriate. I'd reserve those feelings for someone who'd crashed a truck and killed a bunch of kids, y'know.

Guilty, yes. Piece of s**t, nah.

I kind of agree with you on being better than what could be perceived name calling. However, we know different people communicate on different levels. Their may be some sub groups of the audience that needs that level of bluntness including the person at the root of the problem. I think of it like this, if the person mostly puts out videos meant to shock, yell, curse, taking unnecessary risks, then they most likely will not respond to a polite video. I know I reached out to Yammie in a calm and professional manner on a one to one level via his Facebook presence. In the past, he would respond but thus time it shows he read the message and nothing else.

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
I've noticed a lot of people like to jump on bandwagons without giving any thought. I've never really watched and of his stuff and really didn't even know about him until his crash. I think most the outrage is him asking for money to help pay for his mess up. Personally I think that's a load of bs. But I just go on my merry way. It doesn't affect me in the least bit. I still just can't believe he survived that.

Reactions: R-Rated

RocketDust

Wannabie Member
May 14, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha R6
I dont know why people hate yummie noob. In my case His videos helped me alot when I started motovloging and I want to thank him

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts