Whats the one thing you wish they taught you at biker school?

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
And next week kids we will learn clutchless upshits and downshifts :)
Totally, I mean, why not?

When you get used to proper rev-matching technique, clutch-less shifting is just a matter of doing exactly the same thing while being smooth on the gear lever and not using the clutch.

NeloAngeloBiker

Now known as "VtwinVlogster" :)
Apr 7, 2014
I ride a
No.
Totally, I mean, why not?

When you get used to proper rev-matching technique, clutch-less shifting is just a matter of doing exactly the same thing while being smooth on the gear lever and not using the clutch.
I've got clutchless upshifts sorted, downshifts not so much! Work in progress :D

Dylan

Captain
Sep 13, 2014
Tucson, AZ
youtube.com
I ride a
Depends on the day!
Simply put, hazardous road training.. I'm pretty satisfied with the training school I put myself through.. They were very knowledgeable, friendly, etc.. but there was no hazardous road training. When I was first learning to ride, I had to ride over a lot of washed-out roads with rocks/gravel on them. It took some getting used to, but I've gotten the hang of it..

bobbandit

Wannabie Member
Sep 17, 2014
Midlands
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600 Bandit S
I was pretty happy with the school I went with, I have since recommended to a few people. They took time out to work on the slow speed stuff I was struggling with and new what they were talking about. However it's all very urban training, not a lot about how to assess bends, dealing with dodgy roads etc.

I suppose that's what advanced training is for though, I just think when you look at crash stats rider error on these types of roads factors highly...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO