General Whats Holding You Back?

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I feel that I'm probably one of the weaker vloggers here.

I'm the only thing holding me back, I have a simple intro, and just talk about whatever.
My average view times are in the 1.5-2.5 minute range, so I think I just end up boring people.

That and a lot of my videos are roller coaster related, and those are only a minute to three minutes long anyway.

Reactions: 2WDutch

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I feel that I'm probably one of the weaker vloggers here.

I'm the only thing holding me back, I have a simple intro, and just talk about whatever.
My average view times are in the 1.5-2.5 minute range, so I think I just end up boring people.

That and a lot of my videos are roller coaster related, and those are only a minute to three minutes long anyway.

You are just getting started at motovlogging so it takes a little while to find your voice. I have been watching the creator series on YouTube for ideas to retain the audience. One thing I also take into consideration is the analytics on audience age group and device they use to view on. I am guessing someone older or viewing on a mobile device might have other distractions going on like increased responsibility or getting off the toilet at work (ahem not that I do that)

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
You are just getting started at motovlogging so it takes a little while to find your voice. I have been watching the creator series on YouTube for ideas to retain the audience. One thing I also take into consideration is the analytics on audience age group and device they use to view on. I am guessing someone older or viewing on a mobile device might have other distractions going on like increased responsibility or getting off the toilet at work (ahem not that I do that)

If it makes you feel better, I never get off the toilet at work either.

I have a lot working against me though, I'm kind of stuttery by nature, I don't really feel like an interesting person (I've long since stopped caring about that though), and my editing skills are weak.

I want to try and track down some demo days so I can comment on a variety of bikes, but it looks to be difficult to get anything that isn't Harley Davidson (though that makes for an interesting series as a sportbike rider testing Harleys).

When it comes down to it, my first focus is my enjoyment and development. I'm not chasing fame, but at the same time, I want to be seen, otherwise I'd just encode eveything into small files and keep them on my personal computer. I will slowly start working on trimming my material down to it's absolute finest and likely end up with shorter videos. I do try to avoid a bunch of jump cuts, simply because it's something that bothers me, but it's also the nature of the beast, when piloting a 500 pound "death machine", sometimes you just have to put your priorities straight. If well done, they can be pretty funny too.

I'm having fun with it though, and just coming round these parts to chat it up is also fun and enlightening.

I mean, in just a few weeks, I've gone from just uploading raw footage (my first ride video that I keep in a separate playlist was only lightly edited at best even), to having an intro roll, better editing, I've just added a deadkitten to my mic, I've adjusted my cam setup and cleaned up my helmet a lot, and I'm getting a lot more comfortable talking to the mic, and I've made concerted efforts to reduce my filler sounds (umms uhhs) and just let silence prevail, which is a godsend when it comes to editing and cutting.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
If it makes you feel better, I never get off the toilet at work either.

I have a lot working against me though, I'm kind of stuttery by nature, I don't really feel like an interesting person (I've long since stopped caring about that though), and my editing skills are weak.

I want to try and track down some demo days so I can comment on a variety of bikes, but it looks to be difficult to get anything that isn't Harley Davidson (though that makes for an interesting series as a sportbike rider testing Harleys).

When it comes down to it, my first focus is my enjoyment and development. I'm not chasing fame, but at the same time, I want to be seen, otherwise I'd just encode eveything into small files and keep them on my personal computer. I will slowly start working on trimming my material down to it's absolute finest and likely end up with shorter videos. I do try to avoid a bunch of jump cuts, simply because it's something that bothers me, but it's also the nature of the beast, when piloting a 500 pound "death machine", sometimes you just have to put your priorities straight. If well done, they can be pretty funny too.

I'm having fun with it though, and just coming round these parts to chat it up is also fun and enlightening.

I mean, in just a few weeks, I've gone from just uploading raw footage (my first ride video that I keep in a separate playlist was only lightly edited at best even), to having an intro roll, better editing, I've just added a deadkitten to my mic, I've adjusted my cam setup and cleaned up my helmet a lot, and I'm getting a lot more comfortable talking to the mic, and I've made concerted efforts to reduce my filler sounds (umms uhhs) and just let silence prevail, which is a godsend when it comes to editing and cutting.

I will give away my weakest part of my motovlogging - the Cough. I don't mean a normal innocuous cough. This thing is a beast in that it can trigger a migraine quiet often and jumps up unexpectedly. I have had to cut back on talking at times which made it painful to get through my over an hour of recording for a bike review I did.

My second weakest area is breathing. I could be a great movie psycho or stand in for Darth Vader at times. It gets worse with the full face. The work around is to meditate a little once the helmet in on and focus. If somehow that does not do the trick, well I guess if a viewer has a problem with it, too bad.

I am still looking forward to the Brat/Burger response video from you!

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Lupin, totally agree with staying true to yourself. I have seen a few folks in thus and other places lose sight of what matters to them and then lose a lot more than that.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I think it's looking at the amount of work I expect myself to do, which can be overwhelming at times. But it's also about having a good time and place to do it. I actually don't like to edit at home as there are too many distractions and given my wife's fondness to work on numerous home projects I get the guilts for not helping out, while enduring myself in a good editing session. Also, with no AC in my house it's just unbearable to sit in front of a computer in 90 F + weather.

Cafés, bookstores, libraries, and even my office are better places for me to be alone and work. I also need to work on keeping my content short. I'm not a fan of jump cuts either, but I should push myself in directions I don't normally go. For my next vlog I'm working to introduce some new graphics, and editing formats, so that's some time invested in tutorials and experimenting.

- Wuf

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Wuf and Superballs, just going to borrow from Filthy Frank and suggest we do a video of nothing but jump cuts. Make it subtle like stuff randomly moving, bikes changing, scenery changes mid sentence, clothing changes, etc.

But make the topic serious on something like economics of bike ownership?

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Wuf and Superballs, just going to borrow from Filthy Frank and suggest we do a video of nothing but jump cuts. Make it subtle like stuff randomly moving, bikes changing, scenery changes mid sentence, clothing changes, etc.

But make the topic serious on something like economics of bike ownership?

We should come up with a set script to talk about, and all record it and actually cut from vlogger to vlogger at certain parts of the video too.

Reactions: scooterwuf

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Awesome.

Speaking of nothing in particular. I have a video coming up in the chain that was very very much inspired by one of yours. I even got a shoutout to it and will probably set up a card to suggest it.

Just thought I'd let you know :)

Hey, cool! Which video was it? Super curious.

- Wuf

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Good vid Lupin.
I must be the odd one out because I don't really care about my popularity.
Just make vids for myself and friends to remember rides.

There's no way any of us are going to become big youtubers since we produce very similar material and the subject has a small audience. The big name vloggers got their followers in the early days when there weren't so many doing it.

It's true that a lot of us are late to the party.

I'm still trying to carve out my own unique style, and hopefully can bring a slightly different spin to even old worn out and tired topics.
I'd like to see if I can tap a different audience too, as I'm also trying to grow my channel with three (maybe four) main topics that are somewhat completely unrelated, so hopefully I can find an overlap.

Otherwise, this is just a really expensive hobby for me :)

Reactions: EDcase

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
My weakest points:

I don't feel like using clickbait
Don't wanna pretend I'm hooligan
I'm a calm person so I won't yell randomly
My videos are probably boring to a lot of people, but I don't feel like pretending to be someone I'm not just for views.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I will give away my weakest part of my motovlogging - the Cough. I don't mean a normal innocuous cough. This thing is a beast in that it can trigger a migraine quiet often and jumps up unexpectedly. I have had to cut back on talking at times which made it painful to get through my over an hour of recording for a bike review I did.

My second weakest area is breathing. I could be a great movie psycho or stand in for Darth Vader at times. It gets worse with the full face. The work around is to meditate a little once the helmet in on and focus. If somehow that does not do the trick, well I guess if a viewer has a problem with it, too bad.

I am still looking forward to the Brat/Burger response video from you!

I enter principal photography for the brat/burger response the week after next, my wife will be on afternoons again and I will have a lot more project time.

That one is going to be fun.

I know the breathing though, but mine seems to only be a problem off the bike, before it's started, I think the camera is increasing the gain, so my breathing sounds louder. Once the bike is on and there is engine/wind/voice/traffic, it stops being a problem.

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO