whats a good beginner 125cc motorbike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugaki

Wannabie Member
Jun 20, 2013
I ride a
nothing yet
Hello, hoping too get my first bike in the next few days as I just get CBT and could do with knowing whats a good, reliable 125cc motorbike
My budget is 1500

I will use it mainly for riding to uni and work

many thanks

TheDiabeticBiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Ducati Monster 600
Hey pal, welcome.

Depends on what your wanting. A Yamaha SR is a great wee bike, low seat height etc quite good for learning on or a Honda CBR. You can get the older models for a lowish price.

tminus005

Wannabie Member
Dec 18, 2012
I ride a
CBF125
Honda cbr and cbf are great learner bikes also the yamaha ybr and ktm duke are also great, to be honest buy any bike you like from the big brands they will all be reliable.
if you like sports bikes the cbr is great the yamaha yzf is quicker but also more expensive
if you like a more upright bike go for the cbf i have one and it's great, the ybr is also great i just didn't get on with the seating position and again the ktm is quicker but also more expensive.
if you like offroad style bike you could get a almost new sinnis apache for £1500 check spicy110's channel he rates them quite highly

lewis94iify

Wannabie Member
Dec 31, 2012
Grimsby-Lincolnshire
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Previous-Yamaha YBR, Present-Kawasaki ER-6N
Pretty much what's been said. I have an 09 YBR and it's never let me down, even gone down bumpy off road tracks on it and it coped better than me :p Mine's the standard YBR, not the custom one. Not too keen on those.

BikerSpeedTriple

Wannabie Member
Aug 18, 2012
Hertfordshire/London
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Triple
Don't forget to check what your insurance will be for any given bike as it could differ enormously.

Also, don't skimp on the gear. If you get good quality stuff, it will last years so result in a low yearly cost compared to cheap stuff. And you'll thank yourself if you find yourself on the tarmac not having to scrape gravel out of a muscle or push a bone back inside...

Ugaki

Wannabie Member
Jun 20, 2013
I ride a
nothing yet
What about Yamaha XVS 125 Dragstar?, its sound and look cool and also people recommended it, as it is good quality, easy to ride, cheap to run and comfortable

Also my budget has increased up to 2000

crackthepipe999

Wannabie Member
Dec 17, 2012
Kettering
I ride a
Suzuki GSR 600s
I'm my opinion you have 2 options really. Are you wanting to keep the 125 for a long time 1or2 years or do you want to have it for a few months while you take lessons for you full test?

If you are going to keep it for only a few months then I wouldn't use your whole budget. Buy a cheap diamond in the rough type of thing, something your bit gonna loose too much money on when trying to sell. Keep some money back for when you want a big bike.

If you are gonna keep for over a year then the only bike I have any knowledge about is an Aprilia RS 125 (2t). There are a lot of horror stories about that bike, but I believe that is because of how popular it is with "kids" who wanna go fast. I got mine with only 800 miles on it thinking that it couldn't have had too much damage done to it in that space of time. If you gat one that has been looked after and make sure you use the best mixer oil and warm the engine fully before each ride. It SHOULD be fine. Just make sure IF you are considering an Aprilia Rs (or any 2 stroke) that you don't get a de-restricted one - more of a chance of getting one that's been ran on the cheap.

That's my 2 pence :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts