What stops motovloggers from getting arrested?

NeloAngeloBiker

Now known as "VtwinVlogster" :)
Apr 7, 2014
I ride a
No.
Some Vloggers make an effort to make sure they're not identifiable from their videos by way of blurring out number plates or never recording within 1/2 mile of their home, not saying their own name etc etc. It's a matter of having a bit of common sense and making sure you're not doing anything drastic.

Police will probably come looking if you post a video of yourself doing 110mph through a 50 for example, but if you record yourself occasionally going between 50-55mph, they're not going to give a hoot (At least they don't here in the UK)

Reactions: iMotoPilot

IRLwithDuck21

Wannabie Member
May 3, 2014
Sydney Australia
I ride a
Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 ABS\ATC
yeh i figure as long as you don't post something like yourself doing 240kph across the harbour bridge and it goes viral then you should be ok. Of the billions of people on the internet i think police should have better things to do that to try and "hunt" down 1 or 2 people. People will speed right in front of them 50 times a day...why go looking for an anonymous person.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
A lot of it is down to public interest.

If a rider is being a right hassle with loads of complaints then the police will normally do something

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
where Jake is, whee
So a lot of motovloggers have videos of them doing illegal stuff. Examples are like JakeTheGardenSnake and BakerXDerek. They ride in places they shouldn't ride with their dual sports/super motos. and like EVERY vlogger has some video footage of them speeding way over the speed limit. How come they never get in trouble for this? It can't be hard to find them. There's a bunch of clues as to who they are. Some have their name, and they talk about where they live and all that. I'm just kinda curious. I'm not saying I condone this kind of behavior...but you know. I just kinda wanna know. In case I ever find myself having some footage of me doing some stuff. I don't want the cops knockin on my door haha. Sorry if its such a noob question.
lies are not illegal.

as for the trespassing, he is not doing any damage, so they can't really do much.

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
What do you mean by "Lies are not illegal"? Which lies?

stupid page didn't post details correctlywhat i was saying is Where Jake lives " Wheelies are not illegal "

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
What are the laws in Australia and what content did they contact you about...and what came of it?? I am not doing overtly stupid things in my videos. You might question my speed on occasions, but are they going to try and chase me down for that?
Cops tried to fine me for footage i had of me lane splitting etc, they can't fine me as the footage is over 12 months old. Under the Statue of limitations Act they have 12 months Max to act on road traffic offences to fine me, if its past 12 months they can't do anything unless they have some overruling for special circumstances regarding the alleged footage.. This 12 months limitations Act has now been extended to 18 months. As a example. the type of footage that the Judge would rule a "special circumstance" would be hit and run footage, speeding ( 150kph in a 40 zone ) - running from police, assault. I know that cops would most likely, or someone would be checking my footage from time to time and yeah if cops came to my house to arrest me for footage i posted i would be back home within a few hours as the footage i have that i upload is well over the 18month timeframe, some of it is even 3+ years old. RWT got nabbed and removed a video because he was riding a bit loose on the postie bike, that appeared on the news. that suicide motovlogs guy in perth was doing 200+ in 50km/h zones if i remember correctly. Police nabbed him and he got done hard from what i was told. will loose licence for years etc. so i was told.these laws are under the "Hoon Act" or Hooning as its commonly called.

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
I dont get that, Evidence is evidence.

Think Adjriannick also has a small message before his vids about it being 6 months old or what not....

iMotoPilot

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I ride a
2002 Honda VFR800A
Good words of advice fellas! Incriminating evidence posted on a public forum maybe stuff I leave out of my future vlogs. I have lots to learn.

CoolCrazyChaos

Wannabie Member
May 16, 2014
I ride a
2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
My rule of thumb is if it feels wrong just don't do it, Why take the chance. Stunting should be done on private property where permission to do so is given. The unfortunate thing is people like to see it and people are willing to take the chance.

Reactions: Marbro_za

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts