What is your next channel goal?

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I have been thinking about a new channel goal...
And to be honest, not much i can think off...

Main thing is to keep enjoying myself. ;)
Maybe 1.5k subs, at some point.

And weirdly enough, a written review, published somewhere, with supporting youtube content linked. That might be the "short" term goal. Just as a trial and error experiment for the fun ;)

Who do you think you are, "Engineering Explained" ??? Dude has hit it big, linked to Car & Driver now, IIRC.

For relevance, my channel goal is to get to 1k subscribers. Eventually I'd love to be able to quit my day job and do YT only, but let's be real, that's a pipe dream for me!

-John

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Who do you think you are, "Engineering Explained" ??? Dude has hit it big, linked to Car & Driver now, IIRC.

For relevance, my channel goal is to get to 1k subscribers. Eventually I'd love to be able to quit my day job and do YT only, but let's be real, that's a pipe dream for me!

-John
Ah the dream of anyone that has done a Motovlog or any video for social media... To retire from normal jobs and live off the content... For some it becomes a reality, unfortunately for 98% it won't.

1k subs is a good goal.

My goal is 200 subs now.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Ah the dream of anyone that has done a Motovlog or any video for social media... To retire from normal jobs and live off the content... For some it becomes a reality, unfortunately for 98% it won't.

1k subs is a good goal.

My goal is 200 subs now.

Same - I'd love to see 200... I'm only halfway to THAT goal!

-John

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R

-John

Don't know the channel xD
I have done a collab with a dutch motorcycle website earlier with gear.
So that is were the idea for a written review comes from ;)

Pipe dream isn't a full-on quite my work, but i definitely want to go to a 4x 8 ritme instead of the 4x 10 i'm doing now.
But youtube doesn't pay enough for that xD

Reactions: Drakhen99 and HRMV

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Well I have finally hit my first half a million views on my channel, onwards and upwards.
I guess I need to set myself some new goals now! :D
So my next goal will be 3000 subscribers by my 4th channiversary (next Christmas).
With my current growth spurt, it looks like I am on track to hit 3k by my channiversary :)
(although I imagine it may slow in this lockdown as people think videos are recorded the day they are posted, so am expecting a little backlash posting on bike vids during November from the English audience)

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
With my current growth spurt, it looks like I am on track to hit 3k by my channiversary :)
(although I imagine it may slow in this lockdown as people think videos are recorded the day they are posted, so am expecting a little backlash posting on bike vids during November from the English audience)
Lol yeah I got a private message during initial lock down asking why I thought it was OK to be out recording videos. Some people need to think more before they type.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Lol yeah I got a private message during initial lock down asking why I thought it was OK to be out recording videos. Some people need to think more before they type.
it wasn't from me was it? :D I remember messaging someone about it, but think they were an English channel

• Haha
Reactions: Theodor and HRMV

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Careful congratz in advance :)

yeah, i have heard similar stories.
Haven't had them myself just yet. But then again,to small of a channel probably in combination with not riding in the UK ;)

I have noticed that especially towards the end of the first lockdown views went up a bit.
Too many people bored who already watch all their normal channels and content probably ;)

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

Tomr2992

Relaunched the Channel -JustTomTorque
Jun 1, 2019
Derby
I ride a
BMW S1000R
I hope to hit 500 subscriptions before Xmas. Currently 432.
Nothing is achieved alone so I'm always happy to be given steer and direction.
Also.. I hope that when this is all over to meet a few of you in person! Brilliant forum.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Nothing is achieved alone so I'm always happy to be given steer and direction.
Also.. I hope that when this is all over to meet a few of you in person! Brilliant forum.

I subbed, but can't give you any direction (blind leading the blind and all that).

Hopefully with 4x the subs, YOU can give ME tips :D
-John

• Love
Reactions: HRMV and Tomr2992

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

I'm currently at 491 subs so I should hit 500 by Christmas too!

My goal for the next few months is simply to get through winter while still uploading one new video every week. I have a large backlog of motovlogs filmed already and I have a spreadsheet with their release dates all planned out, so theoretically I should be able to go until next April without filming any new motovlogs at all!

Sometimes when I go to edit a motovlog together I'm not happy with the footage I have or how it pans out and I end up scrapping it altogether. If that happens too many times this winter I might need to film some cold weather motovlogs to fill in the gaps.

It will be interesting to see how my first winter with a motovlog channel goes!

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a

My goal for the next few months is simply to get through winter while still uploading one new video every week. I have a large backlog of motovlogs filmed already and I have a spreadsheet with their release dates all planned out, so theoretically I should be able to go until next April without filming any new motovlogs at all!

Sometimes when I go to edit a motovlog together I'm not happy with the footage I have or how it pans out and I end up scrapping it altogether. If that happens too many times this winter I might need to film some cold weather motovlogs to fill in the gaps.

LOL, you're following a similar pattern to mine - I currently have about 15 videos in editing or slated for release. I'm aiming for 2 vids per week though, so I can only go through January or February at that rate.

That said, I do ride almost year-round, as long as there's no ice, snow, or salt on the roads, so I'll be able to squeeze in some more rides here and there.

I just don't understand enough to be able to drive more traffic to my channel - my sub count is holding steady for the last week or so.

-John

Tomr2992

Relaunched the Channel -JustTomTorque
Jun 1, 2019
Derby
I ride a
BMW S1000R

You've now got one more!

Reactions: HRMV and Moto Mengy

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts