What is your next channel goal?

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
MotoGinji I’m just a little behind you in subs at 168 but the more I or my channel evolves the less subs become important to me. I’ve looked at my analytics and 80% of my views are from non subscribers. I’m not sure if this is a good thing but it can’t be bad either I suppose. Next goal is 10000 views which is about 350 away. I’ll maybe look at merchandising for a bit of fun when I get a thousand subs but I reckon that’ll be years down the line to be fair. I might do myself a baseballs cap and t-shirt combo for when I’m on screen and some stickers for my bike or skidlid maybe.

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
MotoGinji I’m just a little behind you in subs at 168 but the more I or my channel evolves the less subs become important to me. I’ve looked at my analytics and 80% of my views are from non subscribers. I’m not sure if this is a good thing but it can’t be bad either I suppose. Next goal is 10000 views which is about 350 away. I’ll maybe look at merchandising for a bit of fun when I get a thousand subs but I reckon that’ll be years down the line to be fair. I might do myself a baseballs cap and t-shirt combo for when I’m on screen and some stickers for my bike or skidlid maybe.
Where do you do your stickers? I am looking for MotoGinji Stickers for a while, maybe rubber keychains or something. But here in Holland there aren't that many places that do them. So i'm looking for a place that can make them and do international shipping

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Where do you do your stickers? I am looking for MotoGinji Stickers for a while, maybe rubber keychains or something. But here in Holland there aren't that many places that do them. So i'm looking for a place that can make them and do international shipping
search google for Veloink ..... awesome small business in US. Ship worldwide. They do bicycle stickers for your name etc. design your own around their templates. Great quality.

Reactions: MotoGinji

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
MotoGinji I’ve looked at my analytics and 80% of my views are from non subscribers. I’m not sure if this is a good thing but it can’t be bad either I suppose.
Considering your type of content, with it being primarily offering riding tips and advice, I'd say it is a good thing, especially considering the size of your channel, as it means you are showing up in people's searches on YouTube. I guess a good target would be to maintain that 1:4 ratio and have all your subs watch all your vids, that way you'll grow subs fast!

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
T
Considering your type of content, with it being primarily offering riding tips and advice, I'd say it is a good thing, especially considering the size of your channel, as it means you are showing up in people's searches on YouTube. I guess a good target would be to maintain that 1:4 ratio and have all your subs watch all your vids, that way you'll grow subs fast!
True words right here

Reactions: Riderguide

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Yeh it’s interesting. I’m lucky I work shifts as I get some days to myself to work on content and try get my head around tags etc. Understanding what works and doesn’t is a bit of a lottery sometimes in relation to what ticks the algorithm for searches. It’s good fun watching the progress and learning though. Weird how some stuff gets reasonable traffic and other stuff bugger all. I revisit and adjust any uploads that appear to be slow performers and that helps. There’s so many little things and not one that needs attention to make it click. Fine lines. Finding a decent thumbnail template and font took me months and I’m still not 100% happy haha.

Reactions: HippoDrone

themagpie

As the Magpie Flies
Jun 18, 2019
Portland, OR & Corvallis, MT
www.asthemagpieflies.com
I ride a
2016 Honda CB500x, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800xc, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 1980 Suzuki GS850gl, Batavus Moped, 1972 Honda CB175
I'd like to reach 5k before Jan 2020, and average 1.2k views per video consistently.

I've upped my rate of upload from every other week to every week, actively responding to all comments, commenting on other people's videos as much as I can, and trying to make engaging content with very few lulls. Alternating between travel vlogs and searchable content like list videos etc.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is bloomin awesome @themagpie
Those that don't already, I really do suggest you at least check out @themagpie & her channel, It may not be the point of each of her videos, but I think I learn something new every video she shares! :)

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I'd like to reach 5k before Jan 2020, and average 1.2k views per video consistently.

I've upped my rate of upload from every other week to every week, actively responding to all comments, commenting on other people's videos as much as I can, and trying to make engaging content with very few lulls. Alternating between travel vlogs and searchable content like list videos etc.
YEH SOME GREAT IDEAS THERE! Nice one.

• Love
Reactions: themagpie

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So someone offered to make a logo.
It is worse than i already had xD

Should i just try something myself?
Or.....
Why not try something yourself? Then if you get a good concept, you could maybe get an artist to tidy it up

Reactions: Meifesto

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
"MY MAIN GOAL IS TO BLOW UP, AND THEN ACT LIKE I DONT KNOW NOBODY HAHAHAHAHA!" - RiffRaff
Kidding, my next goal is to update my channel art and change up my thumbnails, I realize that I was taking the lazy mans approach to them and that I could do a better job. Especially for videos where I want to show a glimpse of what to expect (you know like how thumbnails are meant to be used).
I also want to start a blog, something where I can post write-ups on my how-to's and packing lists for my camping trips.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I guess mine is not to let my channel wither away, while I'm sorting out changes in my life.
I have posted very few videos lately. I try to concentrate on the topics now, to compensate my lack of editing and shooting skills. Hopefully there will still be people who will want to watch when I can post more videos again :p

Reactions: HRMV and Riderguide

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I guess mine is not to let my channel wither away, while I'm sorting out changes in my life.
I have posted very few videos lately. I try to concentrate on the topics now, to compensate my lack of editing and shooting skills. Hopefully there will still be people who will want to watch when I can post more videos again :p
In that same situation here. Don’t panic. Keep it alive by the odd comment on other people’s uploads or an Instagram post if you have it. I’m about to get busy after a dry couple of weeks but I’ve taken the opportunity to maybe freshen up a thumbnail or edit info on an old upload. Even refreshing one old upload can spark new interest I’ve found.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
So someone offered to make a logo.
It is worse than i already had xD

Should i just try something myself?
Or.....
Try Fiver, I had a guy on there take my idea and create 4 logos for $25. I am working on the new intro with it and will be revealing it soon. I can look up the guy that did it if you want, got it in like 2 days with all of the rights for Copyright and original image files so you can blow it up or shrink as much as you want.

Goals: Less editing, less takes, and learn more about the editing software. Hit 70 subs after 11 vids, releasing one a week. Not sure if that pace is really realistic, think a lot has to do with the facebook group. I want to have enough footage to sustain the winter with some b-roll and reviews of gear I have been using for the past 4 years. Not sure what I am going to do but I think that is probably my most important goal, figure out how to keep the once a week video once it starts snowing.

Reactions: Riderguide

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Try Fiver, I had a guy on there take my idea and create 4 logos for $25. I am working on the new intro with it and will be revealing it soon. I can look up the guy that did it if you want, got it in like 2 days with all of the rights for Copyright and original image files so you can blow it up or shrink as much as you want.

I have looked into Fiver, but i also heard some bad stories.
People who for forced to pay for some really really bad stuff.

So i'm kinda careful with spending money ;)

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Have a slightly rushed upload to come but one I've been planning a while! The goal now is to get back in to it! Unfortunately no riding for a week or so, just squished a disc in my back against a nerve. Nurefen coming outta my ears just now o_O

• Sad
Reactions: RideOnTwo

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts