What do you ride? How do you like it? Post pix here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
Hi,

I was thinking that since most of us vlog alone the bikes we ride rarely get much coverage besides the handlebars or whatever is in the shot. Maybe just the side of your helmet.

Just to see what others are currently riding,
how about a thread highlighting our bikes and a bit about what we like about them?

My bike:

It's a 1993 BMW R100R Roadster. I don't know how to classify it. It's nimble like a sports bike, but comfortable and easy to ride on the highway like a cruiser. Tourer? The maintenance log showed that the original owner drove the hell out of it with standard service all over the country.

At first I admit not being excited about the styling, but I really got it for it's simple technology and ease of maintenance. I love that it's air-cooled - no radiator and associated parts, it's shaft driven with a completely enclosed drive train and it's very easy to ride. Very forgiving and practical.

It came with an aftermarket fairing and the tank cover but the cover was not on it. The guy just gave it to me folded up as he probably received it.

During a clutch cable repair I had to take off the fairing and then while there I decided to put the solo seat on (it came with the solo seat and the original bench). I also put the tank cover on. These small changes seemed to transform the design.

After all that I kind of liked it, or at least didn't hate it so much. And that was all stuff that came with the bike. I didn't have to spend a penny extra.

Now I like it. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Your turn... :)

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
My 2012 Honda cbr125r in repsol colours, it covered 21,500 miles before it got ran over by a trike in april. It may not be the fastest bike around, it may not be glamourous but me and that bike had soo much fun, all my firsts on this bike, Knee down, hand down, rolling stoppys and learning wheelie control.
Had a fair few mods on it Tyga carbon fibre hugger, mudguard, tank piece and a infinity carbon yoke cover.
air blade double bubble screen.
Hrc Resivoir caps front or back
orange adjustable levers
Probolt kit in orange
HEL braided lines front and back With a galfer rear disk
R&G crash bungs and bar ends with exhaust slider
Full scorpion exhaust system
K&N airfiilter in standard airbox
Rear Seat cowl from honda.
It makes 13.2 bhp at the rear wheel which aint bad considering honda claim 15 at the crank brand new
Oh and a set of tyres with no chicken strips is a bonus ;)
Bikes are just fun no matter what size cc or style

KoanXW8.jpg

CaptainCranky

Misunderstood genius
Nov 14, 2013
Lismore, NSW, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Honda CB500XA
Shadowboxer - that is one unique bike, it has hints of cafe racer, hints of classic and a load of originality.
CBRHoonigan - also unique, the Repsol livery looks quite great on it for a 125. The scorpion is a good match too.
I didn't want a bike that I would come across another one of every day, and I haven't so far. In fact only passed 1 on the street and seen 4 amongst my subscriptions.
It's a 2013 honda CB500Xa
Called Falkor - my luck dragon.
Falkor at Wardell Bridge.jpg

Reactions: Sweet & Sour Andy

sweatiingbullets

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2014
I ride a
2009 CBR600RR
My 2012 Honda cbr125r in repsol colours, it covered 21,500 miles before it got ran over by a trike in april. It may not be the fastest bike around, it may not be glamourous but me and that bike had soo much fun, all my firsts on this bike, Knee down, hand down, rolling stoppys and learning wheelie control.
Had a fair few mods on it Tyga carbon fibre hugger, mudguard, tank piece and a infinity carbon yoke cover.
air blade double bubble screen.
Hrc Resivoir caps front or back
orange adjustable levers
Probolt kit in orange
HEL braided lines front and back With a galfer rear disk
R&G crash bungs and bar ends with exhaust slider
Full scorpion exhaust system
K&N airfiilter in standard airbox
Rear Seat cowl from honda.
It makes 13.2 bhp at the rear wheel which aint bad considering honda claim 15 at the crank brand new
Oh and a set of tyres with no chicken strips is a bonus ;)
Bikes are just fun no matter what size cc or style

KoanXW8.jpg
That is a good looking little bike.

BKarol

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Kawasaki ER6F (Ninja 650)
I have a 2013 Kawasaki ER6f.
2013-08-11 13.33.57.2.jpg

I had her for almost a year now, done over 16,000 miles.

Recently I've finally upgraded the exhaust to full Scorpion system :)
Next on the list are handlebars, heated grips and maybe tinted touring screen.

Here's a link to my Google+ gallery :)

dv8

Wannabie Member
May 6, 2014
New Jersey
www.boyandhisbike.com
I ride a
Ducati Diavel
I have a 2013 Speed Triple, today.

It's only got 1500 miles on it. I threw on the Arrow "Lowboy" 3-1 exhaust, some bar end mirrors, the "fairy" windscreen, tail tidy kit and an integrated brake light with sequential blinkers.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be trading her in for a Ducati Diavel. I'll grab pics of it as soon as she's mine.

BKarol

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Tomorrow morning, I'll be trading her in for a Ducati Diavel.

Nice, my friend took a Diavel for a test ride and since then that's his dream bike ;) he said it's comfortable, goes around corners ok but the best part of the bike is the torque, he's used to fast bike's (currently owns few 600's and a CB1000) but this ducati was something special for him...

In my opinion its not the prettiest bike and I don't like big bikes but if its really that good I might need to take it for a test ride someday and find out my self if its good or not ;)

Reactions: dv8

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
Shadowboxer - that is one unique bike, it has hints of cafe racer, hints of classic and a load of originality.
CBRHoonigan - also unique, the Repsol livery looks quite great on it for a 125. The scorpion is a good match too.
I didn't want a bike that I would come across another one of every day, and I haven't so far. In fact only passed 1 on the street and seen 4 amongst my subscriptions.
It's a 2013 honda CB500Xa
Called Falkor - my luck dragon.
View attachment 816
Thanx Cap'n
The interesting thing to me is that it's essentially stock.
They designed it that way with a retro look and feel. If one looks at older versions pre-1970s (BMW R51/3, R67/3) you can see the same elements, it's really the same set up just thirty or forty years later. Under the tank cover the tank is painted a version of black and has the traditional double pin-striping like their bikes from the 1960s and earlier. At first I was very tempted to modify it starting with a 70-80s fuel tank mod but I decided to just give myself some time with it first to see if I could learn why things are the way they are and try to learn of any value there. Like I said, once I did a few changes switching around the accessories that came with it I like it a lot better now.

As far as I know the only thing that is not stock is the Corbin seat and the tank cover. They are still correct modifications for the period though, of course. I kind of feel the latest R nineT they just came out with is this decade's version of the same retro bike.

I agree with you on CBRHoonigan's machine. Beautiful.
Hey CBR, you said it was run over by a trike? Does that mean you don't have it anymore? What are you riding now?

Hi BKarol, Nice bike and nice shot by the water. Where in the world is that?

Reactions: BKarol

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
Tomorrow morning, I'll be trading her in for a Ducati Diavel. I'll grab pics of it as soon as she's mine.
Just uploaded a group ride video I was on a few weeks ago (video 0011).
One of the guys was riding a Diavel I believe.

It's in some of the shots but I didn't get any close ups.
It is very interesting looking. If there wasn't so much else going on with traffic, other bikes and a passenger etc. I might have had a closer look.

Reactions: dv8

BKarol

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Hi BKarol, Nice bike and nice shot by the water. Where in the world is that?

Thanks, that Port of Felixstowe(the biggest container port in the UK) on the left and Harwich on right.

Do you have any problems with your BMW? I keep hearing that older models like to leak oil...

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
:eek::)

Actually no.

I brought up the oily wetness around certain parts at my first super tech day with one of the local airhead engine experts (he rides a 1970s or 80s RT I think).
He told me that BMW invented the term "weeping or seeping". :p
Dampness around the components is okay as long as it does not touch the ground. He has the same thing and when one cleans it, it just comes back to that state, never worse. If it's dripping or leaking then it needs to be fixed.

I keep my bike in the garage and it's never leaked a drop of oil. I don't even have anything under it.
My engine is from the 90s but it's the same basic engine as the 70s and beyond. These engines have decades of progress and development by hands-on engineers for real world conditions.
It has over 120,000 miles on it. The "experts" say that's just getting started for a well maintained airhead. Many have over 200,000 miles and are still daily commuters or weekend tourers.

I have had to work on the carburetor a few times and the clutch cable failed. But those are not the engine's fault.
I do have a channel on YouTube, by the way, :rolleyes: if you'd like to watch and hear it on the road or watch and see me working on the above. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M5uXp8nk41OgJ0v1lMCWw

Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: BKarol

Jammy

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2014
Brighton
I ride a
2008 Rossi Replica Yamaha R125
Here's mine, 2008 Yamaha R125 Rossi Replica. In terms of liking it.... I really enjoyed the race position at first but now it's just getting an arduous task to ride it. I can rarely ride it for more than 7 miles before I start getting pins and needles in my arms and wrists, back strain and a lovely shooting pain up my wrist, This is all due to my bodily issues haha. But in terms of good stuff about the bike itself it's amazing, got enough power for when I need it in town situations, looks dead sexy even when it's in the condition mine is in... but I won't be getting a race type bike again. But the problems I am having is definitely taking the enjoyment out of riding... Hopefully a job will come around soon where I will be looking at investing in a Honda MSX125!

1619330_10153748357220223_554992504_n.jpg

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I learned to ride "big bikes" on a GS500... Killer heels on the blonde, you should make her a ride :)

Reactions: MrCods

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
My current rides (not the blonde at the end, she's just a friend) Just the bikes. :)

10300625_1422662341331976_6966301443121202026_n.jpg

10294473_1422661344665409_3844162854856895750_n.jpg

10363934_1422660764665467_4671193674997912221_n.jpg

10007519_1408629439401933_188220842_n.jpg
For some reason I hate you fourth bike but love your third bike.
The third bike you've listed here is vastly superior!

Probably the blond rims... I mean light rims!

Wait, I just scrolled up and had another look.
I was right the first time: Blonde :):cool::rolleyes:

Reactions: MrCods

The Gentleman Biker

Wannabie Member
Feb 9, 2014
I ride a
Naked Yamaha Fazer
Here is my steed. She's a Yamaha FZ400L and I have never seen another one anywhere, except an old picture on a Google search still with all the lights on it. It was a Japanese riding school bike.

IMAG0458_zps3be67c45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Moto Photos! 0
R-Rated Moto Photos! 5

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts