What Do You Do....?

What do you do when shopping/stopping at a place of business while motovlogging?

• Leave the helmet w/recording device with the motorcycle.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Record inside the business.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Helmet on, not recording inside the business.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Ghaniba

Explorer
Aug 23, 2016
Northeastern CT
I ride a
R1200GS, TT250, CSC RX3, etc...
It depends what I'm doing. I usually will stop recording. This for me started with my wife glaring at me about recording while typing my pin. I edited out, but it's certainly more simple to just stop recording. I have also caught a bug attacking my GoPro lens -- and I wished I had been doing 60fps. That would have been awesome!

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Depends on the situation, i mostly use a flip up helmet, they seem to mind those a little less inside stores. when the helmet is on i'll likely be recording depending on how long i'll be inside.
Oh, not over here, I was wearing a flip, flipped, when they got all edgy!

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
In the UK, petrol stations (USUALLY) like you to remove your helmet before fuelling, out of courtesy, plus from a security perspective (you are not planning to ride off without paying for your fuel - hiding your identity).

Getting off my bike during an interruption to my journey, to pop into a shop or for fuel, I'd take my helmet off anyway (camera goes off then too).

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Gas stations in the US are hit and miss. Sometimes you get weird looks. I don't think anyone has ever told me to take mine off. Although a police officer once told me I should as a common courtesy and to show I wasn't there to rob the place...I guess it makes sense.

Reactions: iro

AltimKing

06' The only real Ninja
Sep 27, 2016
Switzerland
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R 06'
I tkae the helmet off, becuase you are not allowed to enter the business with helmet on. But i do take the helmet with me, since i dont want to leace the GoPro just laying around

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
I tkae the helmet off, becuase you are not allowed to enter the business with helmet on. But i do take the helmet with me, since i dont want to leace the GoPro just laying around

I take my Helmet too. :) You sometimes see bikes parked up and the Helmet is left hooked to it. People are less likely to want the helmet than the bike (unless its an expensive helmet), but its just begging for someone to come past and interfere with it. :(

Redbeardsv

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2016
Portland, Oregon
I ride a
2005 sv650s
I tend to leave my helmet with my bike, but i pop off my camera and toss it in my tank bag and take that with me. When i go to eat or something i always sit where i can see my bike. My wife gets annoyed with it because i am so religous about where I park/sit.
I generally dont go to big box stores on my bike just because i feel like there are to many a$$ hats arounds. Had a lady let her 3 yr old climb up on my bike one day.. i came walkin out and she was taking pictures of her kid on it.. i kindly went over and told her to remove her kid from my bike. When the kid ran off i had a few less kind words with her. Glad I had strapped my helmet down on the bike or this kid would have knocked it off

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
I tend to leave my helmet with my bike, but i pop off my camera and toss it in my tank bag and take that with me. When i go to eat or something i always sit where i can see my bike. My wife gets annoyed with it because i am so religous about where I park/sit.
I generally dont go to big box stores on my bike just because i feel like there are to many a$$ hats arounds. Had a lady let her 3 yr old climb up on my bike one day.. i came walkin out and she was taking pictures of her kid on it.. i kindly went over and told her to remove her kid from my bike. When the kid ran off i had a few less kind words with her. Glad I had strapped my helmet down on the bike or this kid would have knocked it off

Nothing wrong with a good ol' dose of pride, plus looking out for your bike! ;) I admit I'm the same!...

Plus I'm the guy who parks their car in the furthest, corner spot, of the car park, to "help" avoid the car park dents down the side (for when I return)!! :mad: :rolleyes:

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)
Takes it off but sometimes keep recording. Only leave it on bike when on big meets where most know each other some way or another :D

MotoMisc

Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Anyone tried walking into a bank with helmet on :rolleyes::D:p

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
I'll walk in with it on and recording unless I'm asked not to. Most petrol stations I've been to haven't cared and if I'm popping to the shops then it's easier for me to just carry it on my head rather than take up a free hand.

I had one pissed off fuel attendant lady get angry when she realised I had a camera, it wasn't even on. Most people though will usually have a conversation about bikes, GoPros or they'll ask if I have a YouTube channel.

iro

braaaaaaap!
Oct 2, 2016
West Coast
I ride a
Yamaha R6
I never enter an establishment with my helmet on, let alone record. Just a courtesy. And, I never leave my helmet unattended!

Jibbs

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2016
I ride a
'14 Ducati Hyperstrada
I'll record gas, but usually when I'm out recording I don't plan to have to go anywhere except gas as needed. I also pay at the pump so no issues

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
The irony regarding this... statistics state you are caught on CCTV at least 50 - 100 times per day (going about your usual routines).....
That's a system that can zoom in and read the tattoo on your arm or colour of your eyes, plus follow your movements, from street to street! Government CCTV watching streets, plus independent cctv around business premises.

So based on this fact, why should we be concerned over a little Cam stuck to our helmets. :D ;)

MotoMisc

Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
The irony regarding this... statistics state you are caught on CCTV at least 50 - 100 times per day (going about your usual routines).....
That's a system that can zoom in and read the tattoo on your arm or colour of your eyes, plus follow your movements, from street to street! Government CCTV watching streets, plus independent cctv around business premises.

So based on this fact, why should we be concerned over a little Cam stuck to our helmets. :D ;)
So they cannot see our face no but I think that depends on country. Here in Sweden we have to bring a TV team if we wanna be recorded and looking at the news Australia and England you can't even go on the toilet without a cam ☺ (no idea if it's true tho)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts