What Do You Do....?

What do you do when shopping/stopping at a place of business while motovlogging?

• Leave the helmet w/recording device with the motorcycle.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Record inside the business.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Helmet on, not recording inside the business.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

SmokyOwl

Hey dude, your hair is on fire.
Jul 3, 2016
Southern Wisconsin
I ride a
KZ1100 A2 Shaft
Kinda curious on what to do when stopping for gas or going into a business. I feel like a fool going into a store with my helmet on, even without recording. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of leaving my gopro on my helmet on my bike outside for more than 5-10 minutes. So....what's the move?

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Depends where I am. Buying fuel I usually leave it on and recording. Discovered supermarkets don't like you wearing helmets at all :)

I never leave my helmet unattended. Either take it with me or put it in a top box.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Quick stop (gas, snack, etc.) = Leave helmet on, and let it record. I have seen some funny expressions on camera that I didn't see in person.

Stopping at a destination that is relevant to what I'm vlogging that day = leave helmet on, and keep recording (see my video riding up Pikes Peak)

Pretty much anything else helmet off and goes with me. I never leave it with the bike, people are assholes...

Reactions: whingnut

SteinerOTR

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki
Depends on the situation, i mostly use a flip up helmet, they seem to mind those a little less inside stores. when the helmet is on i'll likely be recording depending on how long i'll be inside.

Flyboy

Ninja Flyboy
Jul 23, 2016
Canada
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R on the street and a Kawasaki KX 450F in the dirt.
Keep it on and record everything. Except when going into liquor stores. They think you're going to hold them up . . . but it made for some great video.

Reactions: SteinerOTR

Senpai

Wannabie Member
Apr 18, 2016
I ride a
1981 Kawasaki 440Ltd
I keep it on and blur out the faces of the people inside unless they tell me to not record then I be respectful and stop recording :)

superbiggy

Wannabie Member
Aug 1, 2016
Europe, Romania, Bucharest
I ride a
Yamaha Diversion 600 cc motorcycle from 1991
In Bucharest, Romania, when i go into a gas station i remove my helmet, they put signs on the door "please remove your helmet" next to "no pets allowed" so now i comply, but i go with my helmet on and recording in two small corner stores and at a donut shop where i stop sometimes in my way to work but i do it for some years now so now they know me and they always serve me with a smile, i just stop to buy Coca Cola and some junk food and i go.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Generally I would stop the recording if I'm going in, it's required to remove helmet if going into the store which is why I opt to pay at the pump using card so I don't need to take off my gear. I rarely buy anything at the station as their prices on food and drinks are crap.

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
I take mine off and carry it with me. NEVER leave a helmet that you care about on a bike without it being secured. Speaking from experience unfortunately.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
For gas stations and the like, keep it on and recording, bigger stores makes me take the camera off the helmet while leaving the helmet behind.

SteinerOTR

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki
For gas stations and the like, keep it on and recording, bigger stores makes me take the camera off the helmet while leaving the helmet behind.
I hate that, a stupid security guard dropped my old helmet when he came to give it back. had to go through a whole load of bs to get the funds to replace it. They kept offering gift certificates for their store.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
I hate that, a stupid security guard dropped my old helmet when he came to give it back. had to go through a whole load of bs to get the funds to replace it. They kept offering gift certificates for their store.

Why did the guard have your helmet to begin with? I just leave mine on the bike.

SteinerOTR

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2016
I ride a
Kawasaki
Why did the guard have your helmet to begin with? I just leave mine on the bike.
It was in a shopping mall in a massive electronics, apliances store. he didnt want me to go into the store with my helmet for some reason. and i never leave my helmet at my bike.

Moto Verse

Wannabie Member
Aug 14, 2016
Omaha, NE
I ride a
2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300 EX
If it's a quick run inside I'll keep it on. Just from pure laziness. If it's going to be a bit I'll carry it in. I'd never leave my helmet with the bike. $200 helmet. $200 Sena. $300 GoPro. No way man!

Motorpsych

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2016
Japan, near Tokyo
I ride a
Honda VTR250
I do the same as most others here. For gas I keep it on and running. I got a cool clip at a gas station. I made a Motovlog titled "Gas Happens", but at hardware stores and doing other shopping etc I take the helmet with me, but I just carry it. Sometimes I keep it recording to show a bit of stores here in Japan.

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Always take it off, most times i forget to stop the recording, But 99% of my footage gets deleted without being viewed anyways

Captain

Professional Amateur Vlogger
Aug 15, 2016
West Yorkshire. England
I ride a
2008 Yamaha R125
2001 Honda CBR929RR
If I'm going to work then I leave the camera on my helmet. But switched off. Likewise if I go to the supermarket or a shop on my way to/from work.

I don't always have the camera on my helmet though. It tends to be only when I want to record a vlog. I did try running the camera on every journey last year so I could make one of those 'Random Clip' vlogs at the end of the week. But nothing much interesting happened so I went off the idea.

Many of the fuel stations I use are either pay at pump or I am permitted to keep the helmet on so if I'm recording then I just leave it going.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I think I've only went inside with the helmet on a couple of times. But I also don't stop for things often as I don't commute on the bike daily. If I do wear the helmet in I'll likely not record as it's technically private property.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts