What Are My Audio Options?

Mark

Our Scenic Life
Sep 15, 2017
Ohio, USA
www.oursceniclife.com
I ride a
2014 Canam Spyder RT
Up to this point, I have not been recording any voice audio while riding. I want to add that element but I want to know what my options and limitations are with my current hardware.

I record video with a gopro. I have dual Sena SMH10 intercoms for the helmets and a Sena SM10 dual bluetooth stereo transmitter. I would prefer not to use something like the Sena gopro backpack because I upgrade video hardware more often.

Are there any options to record from SMH10 directly to a smartphone app or similar? Will it sound like crap?
What other options do I have for recording quality audio to a smartphone?
Thanks.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
if your phone has a voice recorder (most do) then you could use the wired hands free kit that came with it and run the mic into your helmet. You may want to remove the headphones so they don't get in the way or tangled. If you put the mic by the Sena speaker you might be able to pick up both your voice and that of whoever you are linked to on the Sena. Probs wouldn't be the best quality though.

Reactions: Mark

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Can you not just wire a mic to your gopro and have the audio rendered along with the video to the SD Card? like most of us? or does the Sena restrict that option? (i don't own any form of bluetooth communication device)

Reactions: Mark

Mark

Our Scenic Life
Sep 15, 2017
Ohio, USA
www.oursceniclife.com
I ride a
2014 Canam Spyder RT
Can you not just wire a mic to your gopro and have the audio rendered along with the video to the SD Card? like most of us? or does the Sena restrict that option? (i don't own any form of bluetooth communication device)
This would work. The GoPro has a mic input, but the camera moves a lot. I have multiple mounting points and I am moving it often. I really need multiple cameras but haven't pulled the trigger for this.
Thanks.

Reactions: 2WV

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I´d been researching about some apps that allows you record the audio via bluetooth, I use an android phone, and found and app called "Bluetooth voice recorder", genius name isn´t it, jeje, this app wasn´t for free, so i decided to spend the money in a external mic (wired) instead the app, besides i read the app's reviews and there were a lot of comments like "any body knows why it doesn´t work properly in a sony, huawei, lg, etc phone" so i didn´t dare to waste my money in a useless app.

Please give us some feedback @Mark, what did you do finally?

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27