Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
ahh very kind of you :) I really love horses, so I really feel for them when they are out on the byways with other traffic. There are lots of bridleways that they are allowed to use that we are not though. It is difficult in this specific spot as so many of the fields have horses on them nearby so all want to use the byways instead

• Haha
Reactions: GandD

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Sounds like you're going through what I am seemingly always going through - information overload! Every new piece of equipment probably takes me 2-3 hours of research before I buy, and plenty of testing after it arrives.

Now I have a Hero 8, Hero 9, and a Max, and a smattering of mounts and accessories, almost all used to different effect.

Glad you're getting things sorted, just don't forget to do you testing and refine your process before the big trips. I think that using local rides as a test platform is a good idea, and I do it quite frequently, I enjoy the tests. I post some of those vids on my channel, too, in case someone else is going through the same thing and could use some help.

-John

• Haha

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
There has been a shipping problem in that they don't know which camera was placed into box 1 and which was placed into box 2, but they did ship box 1 and promise to ship box 2 as soon as they find it.

Might be the one with the wide camera angle, might not...haha

Got the sparks app as it goes with the adobe that I will be learning how to cus over.

Designed a proto type logo...husband named it, I still hope he changes his mind. If not, we will roll with it...haha

Designed it in my CAD program and now can't figure out how to export into png or eps for photo shop...grr,

Really hope husband changes his mind on name.

2021_rollingturd_proto.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
At $80 USD per month for the Adobe suite stuff, I opted to download Gimp.

I'm just not digging the idea of working on graphics much and $0 per month beats $80 per month when you just don't know. Only learned a few new swear words, Gimp has lots of tool tips so you don't have to bother with reading the instructions. (always a perk if you try this with a glass of wine, or beer, or any general libation).

Kudos and much thanks to those of you suggesting Gimp.

Couldn't figure out how to get my cad logo out of the cad program and get a graphic program to see it. Thus, re-created it in Gimp.

Also, box 1 from GoPro arrived today. With none of the items they "thought" were in box 1 or 2. It was however the GoPro 9. It might be a week before we can test it out, but we will get there.

Life, work, family.

2021_rollingturds_transp_blue-bk.png

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Nice logo! That's the one thing I think I'm missing. Until then, there's my head in a box as my "subscribe" button thingy on the bottom-right corner of my YT videos.

I can't draw on a computer... and not much better on paper, so I'll have to go to Plan B.

-John

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
Nice logo! That's the one thing I think I'm missing. Until then, there's my head in a box as my "subscribe" button thingy on the bottom-right corner of my YT videos.

I can't draw on a computer... and not much better on paper, so I'll have to go to Plan B.

-John

First, it pulled up your Black Ankle Winery. Beautiful ride.

Second: that chart, WOULD YOU LIKE A GLASS OF WINE?
Yes

Wine in your bubble bath dear? (huge points if offered with dark chocolate too)
Yes

Subscribed, still watching.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
First, it pulled up your Black Ankle Winery. Beautiful ride.

Second: that chart, WOULD YOU LIKE A GLASS OF WINE?
Yes

Wine in your bubble bath dear? (huge points if offered with dark chocolate too)
Yes

Subscribed, still watching.

Haha, thanks! Glad you liked the video - it's the 2nd to last of my 2020 footage that I finally got around to editing, and I think the newly-filmed vids are even better.

-John

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
ohh, spinning tires. ....

Wait, that means I have to figure out an animation program doesn't it?

Darn....that isn't a pleasing idea.

Life got complicated last week and kept running all the hours out of our daily clock on us.

I love this community. I was ready to just jump in and start..... and have, just slower than we imagined.

There are some wonderful guides up in here and I suggest you read a few if like us, you just really want in your heart to do it.

READ THE GUIDES

Follow the steps and follow your dream.

Our father is having open heart surgery, one of those things that drained the hours on our clock.

We got a website, pushing on those hours and its development. So much "hidden work" in the timeline of enjoying the miles.

In the mean time, while we work out all these details from Fox's guide.

Enjoy a nice morning picture of the Great Salt Flats in Utah, at dawn. (don't go to the website, its totally not functional), but was the next step in the guide here on the website.

RT_Be_the_change_teal.png

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Good luck to your father! Also, that image looks awesome... I need to move or travel more.

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sorry to hear about your father, I hope the surgery goes well

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
Its been a crazy couple of months in these parts. We got to do a photo shoot for Forbes Magazine (totally unrelated to motosports), dad got his surgery scheduled and it amazes me how we "make" new heart valves to be perfect. Incredible science.

In the middle of this we finally got the GoPro up and running and did our first run as a "stock", none of the upgrades or ports or anything but a tank bag filled with charged batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
This one is linked different...learning curve.

We were unsure in mounting the camera at the level of the lower windscreen shield. It held steady, probably should consider screen shield. This is the GP9 with waterproof case. We did several runs with various camera angle.

Last edited by a moderator:

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
Because the first motovlog is yet to be posted, I thought it would be a good idea to bring up both complications and success alike getting from the "idea" to fruition.

1. We purchased the GP9 5k HD (learning and glitchy, but this generation release is better than earlier releases.
  2. Our footage is on wide angle (not that it matters much, still arguing with those codex things)
  3. Got the unlimited subscription to GOPro for editing apps (don't know if they are good or bad)
  4. Discovered, you can't share from the GP storage location UNLESS---viewer is also subscribed to their service.
  5. There is likewise a box when sharing from GP cloud subscription that DOES NOT allow viewer to auto upload your original.
  6. Beginning to think you should not share from your GP cloud subscription for that reason.
  7. Didn't really think about who accesses the raw footage.
Great, we finally got some footage, don't know graphics, don't know video programs, don't really have any experience with camera, much less this freaking 5k which seems to be technology ahead of its time and only supported by various computers and cloud/viewers are problematic on their own right now.

Technology figured out how to do something and release it globally, but support at the moment has not caught up with being able to support it.

Now what to do with the technology and footage.

Using LumaFusion on I-Pad pro 2020 and trying to get footage edited through it
Ipad 2020 pro....you can sort of get the footage back and forth but not much editing with 5k
Lots of not compatible messages

Using same era release, tried on android, equal release to I-pad
Lots of not compatible messages when trying to edit with 5k

7am here and I think its time for beer! I don't even drink.

Haven't been able to build an upgrade computer for almost a year now thanks to manufacturing shortages from the Covid thing. Really hating the covid thing atm. The parts that are available are at such high prices, even saving the 1k by owning the great case, still puts all the parts at over 4k to build what would have cost maybe 1.4k pre covid.

Back to frankenstein arguments with technology.

Since when did anything with a power button become so "child proof?"

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I have zero to add, except I feel your frustrations! I may have some alternatives for you though ...

You may have better luck editing on your computer, unless it's VERY old ... but Davinci Resolve, VSDC, HitFilm Express, all those are free editors you could download and try out on your current computer to see if anything will work for you.

Also, you can download HandBrake for free and try to scale down the footage so it's 1080 or 2k and then try to edit that.

-John

• Love

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
It's a learning curve for sure. The one thing I have learned in the first few months I have been doing it, is that it is definitely work.

You really just have to keep filming and trying editing until you are OK with it. Once you have some handle on what you are doing with both, it is a lot of time, and the final videos aren't very good. Looking back, I should have not started posting videos as soon as I did. The quality just wasn't there right out of the gate.

Keep at it, and ask lots of questions. I think you are going to find that editing on a tablet is going to be hard. I don't have a powerhouse computer by any stretch, and I can edit just fine, granted I'm not working with 5k footage, but I do my 360 footage and all my edits with zero issues.

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
I am laughing so hard, for a moment I thought I was going to spew coffee out my nose.

So I am watching some of your davinchi videos.

Mainly on account of after I hit my first "import" button. All it wanted to import was the audio file.... >.<
There is definitely a curve!

Now.... Now I remember where I was when Cttt and then sharpe, vrml, java bean, ++ VB ,,,,,the languages changed and interfaces and I found myself one day really wanting to dig a hole, in the backyard, and perform some illegal experiment that would involve all the pieces and parts of my computer and programming books to just sort of go....POOF

It is a cutting edge society, take a ten year break and you will come back so overwhelmed in changes and challenges. Takes me back to the military days. This aircraft has this mod kit, that one has that mod kit, this mod kit won't talk to that mod kit and vise versa...set up re-tran, wait, this other aircraft is still running on THAT mod kit and NO ONE TALKS TO THAT MOD KIT....haha

Technology, don't put it down and use a garden rake for tooooooooo long, it will drive you nuts.

1619967315405.png

• Haha

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I'm assuming you're talking about the Davinci Resolve videos I've put up on my channel... like @Dewey316 said, ask questions... I love helping people out, especially when it's something I do almost every day [editing in DR].

I posted my early vlogs thinking that the setup I used would be the best there was for my gear... only to find that it SUCKED in comparison with what I've got going on now, which is still METERS away from what the full-face helmet vloggers get... I was gonna say miles away, but let's face it - on a non-windy day, I can get some pretty damn good audio out of my vlogging rig.

Just keep at it and remember it's supposed to be FUN. When it loses its fun status, take a break.

-John

• Love

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi @GandD the 2 videos you "linked" to above were not to videos, but to GoPro. If you want to share videos, they go in the Members Vlogs section though, not in here. But I think you need to look into how to share content, as a link to GoPro is not the way. Easiest thing to do is to host them on YouTube, you can set them to unlisted so the general public can't see them, and then share the link to them on the forum, but please only put videos in the Members Vlogs section ty :)

Reactions: GandD and Drakhen99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts