Not open for further replies.

drifter4samp

Wannabie Member
Feb 23, 2012
Finland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha DT 50
since there is already Photo gallery, it would be cool if there were one topic for videos too :) so people can check newest vlogs of the vloggers in motovlog, and easier spend time on vlog loop :D

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
I understand what you mean. Just have a single thread where everyone posts their vlogs when they upload them instead of creating a new thread for every video. It's not a bad idea at all. Would definitely clean up the forum some.

Question though...wonder how everyone would feel about making a Vlog thread for their own motovlogs, and then just keep adding videos to that thread as they upload them instead of creating a new thread every time? That way...the threads would contains videos from just that vlogger. Hmmm...something to think about. That would help clean up the forum a whole lot instead of having tons of empty threads with just one video posted on it. Makes finding videos a little hard if you're looking for one from a specific user.

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
ToastToGo said:
..Question though...wonder how everyone would feel about making a Vlog thread for their own motovlogs, and then just keep adding videos to that thread as they upload them instead of creating a new thread every time? That way...the threads would contains videos from just that vlogger. Hmmm...something to think about. That would help clean up the forum a whole lot instead of having tons of empty threads with just one video posted on it. Makes finding videos a little hard if you're looking for one from a specific user.

Great idea Toaster! :D

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Personally I don't like the idea of everyone posting their videos on the forum, in my opinion that is what the subscription box is there for via YouTube.

Understandably this is a vlogging website so posting videos will happen, perhaps more out of the ordinary ones or introductory ones so we get a taste of your videos?

For me I see a newcomer and click the link to their channel rather than wait for postings on here.

All that to say that we already have a section for posting videos!

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
I think the current setup looks fine - you see who has posted new videos, particularly those that aren't that established etc. I'm sure when I eventually get my arse in gear I'll post there a few times.

drifter4samp

Wannabie Member
Feb 23, 2012
Finland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha DT 50
i see what you did there jolly, but since this is some kind of community of vloggin people would be happy to be backed up by other vloggers and get some views on their videos so moto vloggin would be some sort of more known... but yea toaster got nice idea too on the vlog thread of each moto vlogger, but my point on that where all videos should be on one thread is like... the new ones could get themselves showed up, like example if there was one thread per one vlogger, ofc ppl would watch their "idol" vlogs and the new ones would not get even noticed... =)

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Bikermole said:
but for every vlogger to have their own thread would surely clog it all up more?

I would not clog it up any more than what people are doing now, which is creating a new thread for every new video they post. If you take those vloggers and group them in their own video thread, it would clean up the forum.

Yarek said:
I think the current setup looks fine - you see who has posted new videos, particularly those that aren't that established etc. I'm sure when I eventually get my arse in gear I'll post there a few times.

Well the vloggers who aren't as established will still get their stuff noticed just as much as before. When they post a reply to their own thread with one of their new videos...then their thread will get bumped up to the top like they just posted a new thread.

drifter4samp said:
the new ones could get themselves showed up, like example if there was one thread per one vlogger, ofc ppl would watch their "idol" vlogs and the new ones would not get even noticed... =)

Wouldn't be much different than what's going on now. If someone sees a new vlogger's video posted, they have the choice to click their thread and see what they have to offer, or they can ignore it and watch their more favored YouTubers instead. But I do see your point of being shown up. However...having ALL the posted videos in one thread would be overwhelming.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
What's wrong with subscriptions on Youtube? I don't see the point of everyone posting every video here. If you have something special or a video challenge or something like that then post it. Otherwise it's all just clutter really.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
kryten said:
What's wrong with subscriptions on Youtube? I don't see the point of everyone posting every video here. If you have something special or a video challenge or something like that then post it. Otherwise it's all just clutter really.

BOOM! 100% agree, post your vids on YT, thats how we all met & thats where we watch your vids. (Not aimed at anyone, just an overall).

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Also if people are worried about getting noticed you're barking up the wrong tree here. This forum only has 397 members. Out of those I would say less than 50 are actually active here(probably half that). A vast majority of my viewers are not motovloggers.

If you want to get noticed make decent content. Participate in video challenges from other vloggers. Do video responses to other vloggers, don't just spam them, make them relevant. And in my opinion the most important, learn how to tag your videos. Use relevant keywords. I see lots of people that make good videos but only have about 50 subs when I think they deserve a lot more. When I look at their tags they have three and they don't really describe the video very well.

Don't depend on this place for subs and views. Once you get to over 100 subs or so a majority of your viewers will not be motovloggers. That's evident every time I do a video challenge and get 2000 views and only 2 responses.

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
Yea, I'm with JR and Kryten on this. I've always wondered why so many post vids here and YT. Something unusual, sure. I mean, I read the posts from someone, check out their channel, and a lot of the time I sub if it's interesting. All because of this forum. I don't think we want some kind of underground YT thing going on. Kinda defeats the purpose of the forum. IMO of course :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts