Vegas Movie Studio HD platinum install issue (version 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markgr1nyer

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
West midlands, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki ZR7
Hi

I brought VMSHDP ;) off ebay the other day and it arrived yesterday (just waiting for the drift HD now)

When I insert the CD/DVD into the disk drive it comes up with the initial setup menu, so I select install on the studio, and after about 10 seconds a little icon comes up in the bottom right corner with what looks like the first half of an s with a button below it. I want to install it onto a laptop (windows 7) ideally (has its faster and my own) but have also tried to install it on the family pc (vista) but I have the same issue. As soon as the icon appears the disk drive goes quiet. I have tried to maximize the window using the task manager as the only option when clicking the menu bar is to close the window (which it doesn't either). Looking at the processes it says CPU % is 0 and has 2,864k memory. I have also tried running the setup as an administrator (even though mine is the only user space on here) and nothing extra happens.

If the pic loads then the little thing to the right of the word sony is the little icon I get in the right corner
VegasHDinstallissue.png

Please help
Mark

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Re: Vegas Movie Studio HD platinum install issue (version 10

I had the same issue.

I turned off my PC with it still in the Drive, loaded the CD from the Computer. Clicked the install VMSHDP took around 2minutes to actually acknowlage I had clicked it & it worked from then.

LeedsRider93

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
Leeds, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Yamaha FZS600S, 2009 Daelim Roadwin Fi

Not quite sure how you would fix that issue. Have you thought of downloading a trial version and then entering your product code? Surely that'd be a much simpler option!

LeedsRider93

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
Leeds, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Yamaha FZS600S, 2009 Daelim Roadwin Fi

If you hover over the floating box which appears on the screen, does the cursor change to show a arrow with two points? Maybe Windows isn't rendering the application box properly.

markgr1nyer

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
West midlands, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki ZR7

Thank you both for the quick reply

I restarted my laptop and loaded it from the computer menu and its installing now so thank you AZZ3R. And thank you LR for the advice, be a good one to remember for the future. FYI nothing was happening at all with the window before.

Thank you both - now waiting for the drift HD (still using my broken gopro though, on the front mudguard, looks amazing lol)

Mark

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250

markgr1nyer said:
Hi

I brought VMSHDP ;) off ebay the other day and it arrived yesterday (just waiting for the drift HD now)

When I insert the CD/DVD into the disk drive it comes up with the initial setup menu, so I select install on the studio, and after about 10 seconds a little icon comes up in the bottom right corner with what looks like the first half of an s with a button below it. I want to install it onto a laptop (windows 7) ideally (has its faster and my own) but have also tried to install it on the family pc (vista) but I have the same issue. As soon as the icon appears the disk drive goes quiet. I have tried to maximize the window using the task manager as the only option when clicking the menu bar is to close the window (which it doesn't either). Looking at the processes it says CPU % is 0 and has 2,864k memory. I have also tried running the setup as an administrator (even though mine is the only user space on here) and nothing extra happens.

If the pic loads then the little thing to the right of the word sony is the little icon I get in the right corner
VegasHDinstallissue.png

Please help
Mark

copy and paste the installer file to the desktop. and then try to run as admin.

that worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts