Uk Mod 1 Test Advice

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
To prepare for my mod 1 I bought a pack of eight small cones from a sports shop (I think they're for football) and then took them to a local car park at weekends and evenings to practice slow manoeuvres. Turned out that I guessed the distances way to small and ended up finding the mod 1 test really easy.

I failed mod 2 twice.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
To prepare for my mod 1 I bought a pack of eight small cones from a sports shop (I think they're for football) and then took them to a local car park at weekends and evenings to practice slow manoeuvres. Turned out that I guessed the distances way to small and ended up finding the mod 1 test really easy.

I failed mod 2 twice.
If you enjoy that sort of thing you should check out Motogymkhana, a lot cheaper than trackdays and a huge bag of fun! :)

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I passed both tests first time. I did 75km/h through the speed trap on the Emergency braking :eek:!. Mod 2 is easier than Mod 1 i thought... But everyones different. If you first dont succeed, try and try again. You'll get there eventually buddy

I got 0 Minors on Mod 1. And 1 minor on Mod 2 (because i swan necked minor > major road :oops: )

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I passed both tests first time. I did 75km/h through the speed trap on the Emergency braking :eek:!. Mod 2 is easier than Mod 1 i thought... But everyones different. If you first dont succeed, try and try again. You'll get there eventually buddy

I got 0 Minors on Mod 1. And 1 minor on Mod 2 (because i swan necked minor > major road :oops: )
I don't think either is necessarily harder than the other, they're different disciplines. Mod 1 you'll have been introduced to by way of the CBT, and I found the exercises easier on a GS500 than a CG125.

It's basically down to how ready and how practiced you are, or in my case on mod 2, if you spend too much time worrying about what the examiner is thinking rather than getting on with it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts