Touring Europe 2021

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Next year we are planning a tour of Europe, from the UK via the tunnel, down to Perpignan, around the med to Genoa and then back up through Switzerland, Black Forest, Holland and then get the ferry back from Hook to Harwich.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to see and visit on the route?

This one is going to be a big one and there's going to be a lot of planning involved, hence starting 9 months in advance!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Next year we are planning a tour of Europe, from the UK via the tunnel, down to Perpignan, around the med to Genoa and then back up through Switzerland, Black Forest, Holland and then get the ferry back from Hook to Harwich.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to see and visit on the route?

This one is going to be a big one and there's going to be a lot of planning involved, hence starting 9 months in advance!
If camping, there is a nice campsite on the Italian Swiss border in Cannobio called Campeggio Pedro

Reactions: motosera

Lagoutte

Wannabie Member
Aug 1, 2020
I ride a
Cb125r
i have just finished crosing french alpes north to south (route des grandes alpes) and the pyrenées east to west, it's really beautiful. i found the trace on tom tom drive, best road for motorcycle for free. it looks likes it's your road. make sure you stop by the basque country around a village called Iraty; then next to Marseille the route des cretes in the natural parc "des calanques" in the Alpes make sur you do the "col de l'isoard".

Youtube : Romano on the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: motosera

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
i have just finished crosing french alpes north to south (route des grandes alpes) and the pyrenées east to west, it's really beautiful. i found the trace on tom tom drive, best road for motorcycle for free. it looks likes it's your road. make sure you stop by the basque country around a village called Iraty; then next to Marseille the route des cretes in the natural parc "des calanques" in the Alpes make sur you do the "col de l'isoard".

Youtube : Romano on the road
Thank you, yes thats a very similar route to we are planning. I have quite a lot of places on the list. It will only be a 2 week tour, so we are planning to use it as a bit of a fact finding mission too, we will likely revisit places again where we think we need more time!

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video