Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
If you have the most posts, you get the accolade of it saying top poster next to your name. If you win the draw for the top 5, you get a video promoted and put in the side bar.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
If you have the most posts, you get the accolade of it saying top poster next to your name. If you win the draw for the top 5, you get a video promoted and put in the side bar.

The top poster actually gets two numbers - 1 and 6 to double their chances

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
It's a thought. Need to have a look at that as we need to think about Grumpy Bear too.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
It's a thought. Need to have a look at that as we need to think about Grumpy Bear too.

Yeah would be might be more of an incentive for all.

Competitions are going to take preference over next top posters, the sidebar I reckon for the next month or two

Might be a good way to draw in more people!

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Do we still want to promote or link the Top Posters draw to Facebook instead?

Although I notice the current top two posters appear to have pretty much exceeded any recent records, and we're not even finished with May yet! ;)

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Although I notice the current top two posters appear to have pretty much exceeded any recent records, and we're not even finished with May yet! ;)

It would be nice for the top poster to still be featured, even if it does exclude the video embedded on the homepage of this site. (i.e. Push Notifications) etc, etc. I do feel the Facebook webpage would be another platform for this that shouldn't be ignored to also share more site content, I've seen a few videos on it for featured content but mainly meme's and big established named vloggers.

p.s. I want to set the Motovlog's record of posts in a month. ;)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
The Top Poster badge won't be affected.

And don't worry, I can manually reduce your post count ;)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
You'd not like the favours I'd ask....

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride

I've been slowing down badly because I've been so busy working at my buddy's shop and they have me on new meds.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I like the idea of promoting different videos on Facebook. It's a pretty good vehicle that's just not being utilized right now.

What if the top poster still just got the badge, and there were two drawings. Drawing 1 for the feature here and drawing 2 for Facebook? Could be the same person, could be different.

I know I don't have a say, but here is my opinion ... having the drawing for the feature is great, but it's one thing featured every month. It would be nice to have some other opportunities to get featured, either on other SM channels or in the promoted area.

I suggested that the monthly challenge winners be posted in promoted and never heard anything back on that. It seemed to make sense and would be great for growing the competitions. As for now it seems like the only videos being promoted are the drawings and those hand selected by Dan. Having some other options for that area could help keep it fresh, keep some of the burden off of Dan and help separate the standard videos from the more significant ones.

Also, who won the raffle for May?

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Highly doubt I'll put competitions as promoted videos, it's too much cross over and competitions is/are their own things.. Not vlogs as such. If one properly stands out, may take some notice.

Promoted videos are not always chosen by me, it's just that alerts tend to show as me because well, it's my site.ets face it, most vlogs are same old so not a huge number stand out - if people spot one, tag me or lurch. They often get placed on the social channels anyway

As for the top posters...I'm going to review this once the software I use gets an update. It's now a couple of years old and a bit same old, sti thinking.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
So the winner of the Top Posters draw for May is.....

@SalvageSV

Well done sir!!

Pop me a link via PM to a video you have already posted on motovlog.com and I'll pop it on the FB page for you.

Sidewinder

Sidewinder2180
Mar 29, 2016
I ride a
2011 Honda Shadow VT750RS
So the winner of the Top Posters draw for May is.....

@SalvageSV

Well done sir!!

Pop me a link via PM to a video you have already posted on motovlog.com and I'll pop it on the FB page for you.

Congratulations Savage SV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts