Funny THE ALL NEW HARLEY DAVIDSON SPORTSTER S! Hosted by ICKY ROARICK JR & SEBASTIAN TODD BREAKWHITE!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
From the teased images in the reveal, there are at least 2 more versions of the Sportster ready to go. And I don't doubt that the MOCO has more cost effective versions ready to drop as well, but even the Pan America had 2 versions at the starting line. The Sportster S does appeal to me in so many ways (horsepower, torque, display) , but that price point does not let it sit high the list of bikes I could buy in the next year. The Electra Glide Standard is higher on that list even though it is 4 grand more. And the only Softail on the list is the Standard which is less expensive. The Indian Scout and Chief are higher on the list right now, but could change if I ride the Sporster S and am blown away by it. I don' think I will be since I have ridden the Pan America, and it was fun, but didn't feel as powerful as I was expecting. And now it is basically dumbed down for the Sportster S which is understandable because you don't have the stopping power (single front caliper) less effective suspension and no variable valve timing which could lead the Sportster S to be too quick for its own good given the lack of stopping power.

And the Softail Standard only has a 3.4 gallon tank, which is only slightly larger than my 1200 XL, so at 1,746CC it isn't going any farther than my Sporty between gas stations.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
From the teased images in the reveal, there are at least 2 more versions of the Sportster ready to go. And I don't doubt that the MOCO has more cost effective versions ready to drop as well, but even the Pan America had 2 versions at the starting line. The Sportster S does appeal to me in so many ways (horsepower, torque, display) , but that price point does not let it sit high the list of bikes I could buy in the next year. The Electra Glide Standard is higher on that list even though it is 4 grand more. And the only Softail on the list is the Standard which is less expensive. The Indian Scout and Chief are higher on the list right now, but could change if I ride the Sporster S and am blown away by it. I don' think I will be since I have ridden the Pan America, and it was fun, but didn't feel as powerful as I was expecting. And now it is basically dumbed down for the Sportster S which is understandable because you don't have the stopping power (single front caliper) less effective suspension and no variable valve timing which could lead the Sportster S to be too quick for its own good given the lack of stopping power.

And the Softail Standard only has a 3.4 gallon tank, which is only slightly larger than my 1200 XL, so at 1,746CC it isn't going any farther than my Sporty between gas stations.
The Sporty S' version of the Rev Max engine does have VVT - but I believe it has lower overall HP because they made the torque curve flatter, for whatever reason - my uneducated guess is to make it more streetable. Also for the reasons you listed - brakes/suspension.

As for "short list" of bikes to add to the stable... the Sporty S is right there for me... next to the Kawi Z900RS, which is a few grand cheaper, and maybe close in speed [25lbs lighter, 10hp/tq down from the Sporty S]. I won't be buying a bike in the next year, at least, so it's still a wish list.

-John

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
The Sporty S' version of the Rev Max engine does have VVT - but I believe it has lower overall HP because they made the torque curve flatter, for whatever reason - my uneducated guess is to make it more streetable. Also for the reasons you listed - brakes/suspension.

As for "short list" of bikes to add to the stable... the Sporty S is right there for me... next to the Kawi Z900RS, which is a few grand cheaper, and maybe close in speed [25lbs lighter, 10hp/tq down from the Sporty S]. I won't be buying a bike in the next year, at least, so it's still a wish list.

-John
I just read motorcycle.com's write up and they state that VVT is included, but that is the only written confirmation that VVT is included that I would trust since that isn't included on the HD Sportster S page yet. Hopefully it is cause that would also make it handle fuel and emissions better.

I am keeping the new bike list active because my Sporty now has 90,000 on the clock and my wife rides it like she stole it! I will certainly rebuild her if anything big goes, but that might take time and my wife gets impatient when she can't ride, so a newer bike might be the best choice to keep her hair flapping in the wind.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I just read motorcycle.com's write up and they state that VVT is included, but that is the only written confirmation that VVT is included that I would trust since that isn't included on the HD Sportster S page yet. Hopefully it is cause that would also make it handle fuel and emissions better.

I am keeping the new bike list active because my Sporty now has 90,000 on the clock and my wife rides it like she stole it! I will certainly rebuild her if anything big goes, but that might take time and my wife gets impatient when she can't ride, so a newer bike might be the best choice to keep her hair flapping in the wind.
1626360521316.png

I spotted this on the Sporty S page, which is why I included it in my reveal reaction vid.

It's not listed in the detailed specs though, which is where most people go to get, you know, the SPECS on the bike LOL.

-John

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
View attachment 5902
I spotted this on the Sporty S page, which is why I included it in my reveal reaction vid.

It's not listed in the detailed specs though, which is where most people go to get, you know, the SPECS on the bike LOL.

-John
Yeah, I man checked I guess since I looked for it in the spec breakdown hahahahahaha

Reactions: Drakhen99

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO