Sunny Bear Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Rinzler

Wannabie Member
Apr 27, 2017
I ride a
Gsf1250
S - stranger. Approach a stranger and get them to announce sunny bear.
U - U turn. Video of the perfect U tern in accordance with you own domestic traffic rules... mainly U.K. Of course
N -
N -
Y - Yellow. Ride to something or somewhere yellow and explain it.

B -
E -
A - Advertise another members channel
R - Review your own bike or item of kit

Reactions: Lurch

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
Got bored at work. Here are my wacky suggestions:

S: Sarcasm: record an entire vlog where you talk about liking or hating something, but you actually feel the opposite way. Make it obvious through your delivery: "I just LOVE cagers! They ALWAYS look before they change lanes and NEVER use their phones while they drive."

U: Unite: Go on a ride with a buddy or buddies, old or new. Ride somewhere interesting. Dual commentary through SENA or other device encouraged! Talk about why you love riding with others.

N: Negative: what is your least favorite thing (or what are your least favorite things) about riding? What have you done to compensate for or avoid it/them?

N: Nearby: what's the coolest/most unique location you can ride to and get a few shots of your bike? Every community has its weird hidden gems. Let's see some of them.

Y: Y did you get into vlogging (or "Yourself"): A lot of people talk about how they started riding, but I haven't heard many discuss why they decided to start recording their thoughts on posting them on the Internet. Why do you do it? Who inspired you? Why should people watch you?

B: Bet: We establish a challenge that can be completed involving a motorcycle in a safe manner (like Suburban Delinquent's sticker bomb challenge where he competes with a buddy to see who can get three people to put a sticker on their personal property first). This can be either a video where you and a friend compete or you submit a realtime video of you doing the challenge. Yes, people could set things up ahead of time to cheat but let's assume they won't. Fastest or most interesting/creative video wins, depending on the challenge.

E: Emulate: Create a video where you try and duplicate the style or delivery of another vlogger, either in the contest or one of the more high-profile vlogging personalities. How exactly you emulate them is up to you, but people should be able to guess who you're trying to be.

A: Accessories: what are the must-have mods/accessories/gear for either your bike specifically or motorcycling in general? What do you wish you'd known about before you started riding? What's your "essential kit?" That, or accessories or gear for a specific destination or type of trip. How do you pack for moto camping? What do you take on group rides, etc...

R: Review (or Recommend): I like the idea of talking about someone else's video from the challenge and why you liked it. Maybe even encourage people to sub to them. An alternative might be "Represent," where we encourage other vloggers to join the site.

Spudnik

Wannabie Member
Apr 23, 2017
South West England
I ride a
SV650s
Got bored at work. Here are my wacky suggestions:

S: Sarcasm: record an entire vlog where you talk about liking or hating something, but you actually feel the opposite way. Make it obvious through your delivery: "I just LOVE cagers! They ALWAYS look before they change lanes and NEVER use their phones while they drive."

U: Unite: Go on a ride with a buddy or buddies, old or new. Ride somewhere interesting. Dual commentary through SENA or other device encouraged! Talk about why you love riding with others.

N: Negative: what is your least favorite thing (or what are your least favorite things) about riding? What have you done to compensate for or avoid it/them?

N: Nearby: what's the coolest/most unique location you can ride to and get a few shots of your bike? Every community has its weird hidden gems. Let's see some of them.

Y: Y did you get into vlogging (or "Yourself"): A lot of people talk about how they started riding, but I haven't heard many discuss why they decided to start recording their thoughts on posting them on the Internet. Why do you do it? Who inspired you? Why should people watch you?

B: Bet: We establish a challenge that can be completed involving a motorcycle in a safe manner (like Suburban Delinquent's sticker bomb challenge where he competes with a buddy to see who can get three people to put a sticker on their personal property first). This can be either a video where you and a friend compete or you submit a realtime video of you doing the challenge. Yes, people could set things up ahead of time to cheat but let's assume they won't. Fastest or most interesting/creative video wins, depending on the challenge.

E: Emulate: Create a video where you try and duplicate the style or delivery of another vlogger, either in the contest or one of the more high-profile vlogging personalities. How exactly you emulate them is up to you, but people should be able to guess who you're trying to be.

A: Accessories: what are the must-have mods/accessories/gear for either your bike specifically or motorcycling in general? What do you wish you'd known about before you started riding? What's your "essential kit?" That, or accessories or gear for a specific destination or type of trip. How do you pack for moto camping? What do you take on group rides, etc...

R: Review (or Recommend): I like the idea of talking about someone else's video from the challenge and why you liked it. Maybe even encourage people to sub to them. An alternative might be "Represent," where we encourage other vloggers to join the site.

I like all of these just maybe not the sarcasm one, or emulate :) good suggestions I just like to be positive and I wouldn't want to copy anyone too much :)

When are the rules being finalized and this competition being started? It sound like fun so I would give it a go.

Reactions: DorkyRoad

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
I like all of these just maybe not the sarcasm one, or emulate :) good suggestions I just like to be positive and I wouldn't want to copy anyone too much :)

When are the rules being finalized and this competition being started? It sound like fun so I would give it a go.
We could do "emulate" a few different ways. People could indicate they're into being copied, for instance, then everyone entering would just choose from that list then go watch their target's videos. We could also copy the "big boys" like Jake, Derek, SubD, Arson, 6foot4, Walter, etc...

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Maybe it is the pain med (long story) but what about U for Underwear or Under bike action footage?

I would go for Underwear either hanging from the bike like flag or maybe on the helmet. Then ride around and capture folks' reactions at stops.

36745bfaa13071d01d7ea9a2321218e4.jpg

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
Maybe it is the pain med (long story) but what about U for Underwear or Under bike action footage?

I would go for Underwear either hanging from the bike like flag or maybe on the helmet. Then ride around and capture folks' reactions at stops.

36745bfaa13071d01d7ea9a2321218e4.jpg
you can go with Undersuit.
what do you ride with under your gear?
lucky socks for track days?
a team jersey?

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Alright, here are the rest the letters....

N - Night ride and tell us what you feel like temp changes, emotions, etc

N - Nod at riders until three nod or wave back

Y - Yodel while stopped at a traffic light.

B - Tie helium balloon to the bike with your youtube address on a slip of paper. Ride until it flies away

E - Eat an ice cream treat while hanging out with your bike

A - Ask your local bike shop if the recommend changing to summer air in your tires. Record the reaction.

R - Ride a buddy's bike a ride with them riding yours. Do a review of their bike.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
S - Sleep, find the most comfortable position on your bike as if you were going to sleep on it.
U - Undercarriage, tell us what could be improved on the chassis of your bike, handling etc.
N - Nature, show us local natural beauty.
N - Nighttime, ride at night.
Y - Yonder, Plan an imaginary long-distance trip somewhere, talk about your route and destination.

B - Building, pick a building to talk about, share some local history.
E - Eventually, future plans, any topic
A - Ants, find some elevation and show how small things look far below, or talk about how you get ants.
R - Race, If you were going to race your bike on a budget, what mods would you do? Any discipline.

DRfURYOS

Wannabie Member
Sep 16, 2012
I ride a
2011 Suzuki DR650
Hey what's the scoop? I just told my buddy about these challenges as he is quite new to vlogging and I thought he'd enjoy this community. Has a June Challenge been set?

SM26

Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
Hey what's the scoop? I just told my buddy about these challenges as he is quite new to vlogging and I thought he'd enjoy this community. Has a June Challenge been set?
the dates hasn't been set yet.
sorry
I'm waiting as well

SM26

Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
So we've missed solar bear. I missed the bat of asking who wants to run it etc. Solar Bear is always run by a member.
The rules

1. Ride safe! Do not put yourself in danger.

2. The SBC will run from DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED

is it still on?

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Sorry folks! I've been absolutely ram busy with work, not only have I not been on the forum much, I've not been on my bike at all! And now I've a day off tomorrow, it's of course, going to be raining hard :(

I'll chat with @dandoolittle and we'll see about getting this up and running before the snow comes!

SM26

Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
@Lurch , If you can get a hold of him, that would be great.
I've sent him a PM and no answer.
I will also send it to you if you don't mind.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Life happens dude, we all have to do reality every now and then! :)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I think we could possibly use an extra adjudicator for this too.

Anyone interested, please PM me. You can still participate, just you can't be eligible to score or win.

Demonik

DOOT DOOT
May 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I ride a
99 Buell, 17 EBR, 10 Kaw
What do you mean by post the URL with spaces so it can be edited by a mod? Where should we put the spaces? I may have my post count up by then to put a URL in my posts, but another forum member may need this info.

Demonik

DOOT DOOT
May 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I ride a
99 Buell, 17 EBR, 10 Kaw
Hey Guys,

This challenge seems like fun. After reading a little I figured I'd throw in some ideas. I hope I didnt repeat any from the past or cross any rules by doing so. Cheers!

S: Skip. Everyones got daily / weekly / monthly duties. Which one would you skip if you could?
U: Ugly: Ugliest bike ever produced? Make sure you put a photo in your vlog.
N: Nervs: What really strikes your nerves, since a fast morotorcycle cant anymore
N: New Routes: Have you found any small or big routes or rides you want to share
Y: YardSale: Best thing found at one or if you had a yard sale what items would you sell

B: Butt: How long have you ridden in one sitting, or continuously? (iron butt challenge)
E: Erase: If you could Erase one celebrity from history books (past or present), who would it be, why?
A: Accesories: Facorite accesory, wanted accesory, Future accesory coming up?
R: Review

I could get down with:

Ugly
Nerves
New Routes
Butts
Reviews

I'll up doot on this post for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO