Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
So we've missed solar bear. I missed the bat of asking who wants to run it etc. Solar Bear is always run by a member.

Now I've got my life in order and bikes in one place. I'll be charging up my drift, banging in the helmet mic and systems GO. I'll even be starting up a channel again after deleting my old one (kinda regret it)

I've barely ridden the roads the last year or two for a few reasons... Crashing, split-ups, moving and a ton of other stuff.

Anyway, I'm announcing Sunny Bear 2017... Coming soon - However, I'm looking for your ideas and video topic suggestions.

So I need random, funny, serious topic names for each of those letters - The best suggestions will 'win' and part of the rules will be this - If your topic is chosen, the entries MUST add a link from the video to whoever wins that topic - This should help you all get more coverage etc.

The 'catch' in this one will this - Aimed at encouraging you to help promote each other - This year will be a BONUS video where you will have to talk about which video YOU'VE watched through the whole competition and liked - You will have to say why you like it, you can even take the piss but you MUST link back from your video to the other subscriber ;) Thats the rules...

The rule of thumb is this: One video topic for each letter of Sunny Bear. You can see more on this older thread:

Rules will be this

The rules

1. Ride safe! Do not put yourself in danger.

2. The SBC will run from DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED

3. You can only put up one video on any day, and each challenge should be undertaken on a different day. Post your video on your YouTube channel and post a link to it on this thread.

4. The challenges should be undertaken in order. You can skip one challenge and move on to the next one, and complete the skipped challenge at the end.

5. You must ride a motorcycle or scooter (trikes and quads OK) and have posted at least one YouTube video riding and vlogging.

6. Once you complete your challenge, park your bike nearby (only when and where it is safe to do so) and run, or walk around your bike 3 times while chanting loudly “Sunny Bear”, “Sunny Bear”, “Sunny Bear”. Bonus points if you get third parties to join you.

7. Each vlog must be at least 3 minutes long.

8. Bonus points can be awarded for particularly interesting, quirky, funny vlogs.

9. The winner of the SBC will be the one with the most points by October 3rd

10. You must add link back to this thread in the BIO of your video

11, The judges are @Lurch @dandoolittle and yourselves - If you think someone isn't playing ball, let us know. We will also "like" your submission post (on the forum, not YT) once we have watched it so you know it has been counted.

12: New members may post in the thread. If you get blocked adding links by our moderation checks, please post the YouTube URL with spaces. We will edit the post for you.

For chat and queries about the competition, please post in this thread: https://motovlog.com/threads/sunny-bear-challenge-chat-discussion-and-queries.10925/

The Prizes

1st Prize - £100 Cash Prize
2nd Prize - £50 Cash Prize
3rd Prize - Two months sidebar via

Last edited:

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Well, the R of BEAR is Review a video then!

I'd like to keep the S as Shout-out too.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
So the R would be a last week thing then. SUNNY BEA has to be done before the Review week.

Reactions: dandoolittle

BlackMamba

WINNER!
May 17, 2015
Derby Eastmids UK
I ride a
Dl650 Vstrom
glad to hear your back on ya feet mate! I hope to take part again my self.

Ideas
S: Selfie. go out and ride to your favorite spot discussing why its your favorite spot and take a selfie of yourself. (with friends bonus points with other vloggers bonus points)
N: Night ride. to a vlog at night and tell a spooky story

You need to update his link
For chat and queries about the competition, please post in this thread: https://motovlog.com/threads/sunny-bear-challenge-chat-discussion-and-queries.10925/

Reactions: dandoolittle

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
glad to hear your back on ya feet mate! I hope to take part again my self.

Ideas
S: Selfie. go out and ride to your favorite spot discussing why its your favorite spot and take a selfie of yourself. (with friends bonus points with other vloggers bonus points)
N: Night ride. to a vlog at night and tell a spooky story

You need to update his link
The spooky night story is a good one! Love it

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Might add - I'll take note of the ones that people liked when suggested etc

I want to try and make this a group made event within reason

For example - If a few people mention or like the spooky one a few times. I'd probs go with it.

I'm going to keep this open and decide on 20th March 2017 - Based on UK Met office saying that's the start of spring, I'll launch a week after http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learnin...ther/how-weather-works/when-does-spring-start

burlyjack

Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
I'm thinking two things for E. Either "Endurance" or "election"

Endurance-, simple really, show beginning mileage and date and then see how long you go. The more people you can get to go and confine to follow you the whole way the more bonus points you get. Put your leadership and riding skills to the test!

Election- I'd be curious to know how different countries choose their leader, and what the atmosphere is like. Is it like the US where half the country hates each other? Or is it more civil? What do people outside the US think about us having a celebrity for president? Does this affect you and your country? If so, how?

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Endurance-, simple really, show beginning mileage and date and then see how long you go. The more people you can get to go and confine to follow you the whole way the more bonus points you get. Put your leadership and riding skills to the test!

I like this BUT with basic editing, you can rig that?

burlyjack

Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
I like this BUT with basic editing, you can rig that?
Yeah I suppose it would be easy to cheat on that one.
I'd say posts without showing an ending date in a certain time , and ending mileage would be void. For example: before you head out take a video of the date on your phone or maybe a billboard somewhere as well as your starting mileage. Then you can say approx how long the trip will be, wether is be days or hours. At then end, take a video of your ending date and mileage in the same way, as well as a GPS route you took. There are many apps out there that leave a GPS trail of your journeys.

burlyjack

Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
The GPS thing could be optional but it doesn't take much to hook up a charger. It certainly add more credibility

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
Night one sounds good, although it could be very late it gets dark in summer!

And you're screwed in Scandinavia lol

Reactions: BlackMamba

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
What's people's thoughts on whoever picks the topic name should include a link back to the 'winners' channel in contestants videos

Just thinking

1: encourages the community sprit
2: helps each other get subs etc

That's it really

Reactions: MandoDS and Lurch

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
E for Entrepreneur. Talk about some idea you think could make a good business. Bonus if it has to do with riding and traveling. Also bonus if you have your own business you started yourself or tried to.

Also about the endurance thing, could use apps that track your route, I think EatSleepRide does it. Take photos along the way if you don't want to record.

Also, Also. Y for Year. talk about a good year from your life. Could be recent or decades ago. Be nostalgic.

Reactions: Lurch

CafeRob81

Turning Wrenches
Jan 11, 2017
San Jose, CA
I ride a
1979 Suzuki GS1000
Hey Guys,

This challenge seems like fun. After reading a little I figured I'd throw in some ideas. I hope I didnt repeat any from the past or cross any rules by doing so. Cheers!

S: Skip. Everyones got daily / weekly / monthly duties. Which one would you skip if you could?
U: Ugly: Ugliest bike ever produced? Make sure you put a photo in your vlog.
N: Nervs: What really strikes your nerves, since a fast morotorcycle cant anymore
N: New Routes: Have you found any small or big routes or rides you want to share
Y: YardSale: Best thing found at one or if you had a yard sale what items would you sell

B: Butt: How long have you ridden in one sitting, or continuously? (iron butt challenge)
E: Erase: If you could Erase one celebrity from history books (past or present), who would it be, why?
A: Accesories: Facorite accesory, wanted accesory, Future accesory coming up?
R: Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts