Sub for sub swap on YouTube

chaosnaut

one who travels through utter confusion
Mar 26, 2015
India
I ride a
Yamaha Crux 2012
Hey MotoVlog peeps. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have under 1000 Subs are you really loosing out on monetization, which only pays every 1000 views, give or take? When I had 1000 subs I never had video's hitting 1000. More like 100-500 views. Unless you get a hit and it soars past 1000....which is rare. I get it...noboby likes to have something taken away. But also lets keep things in perspective and not over react to something that possibly isn't a big problem to begin with. Look at it as additional motivation to blow past that 1000 sub mark.
I have less than 500 subs, and regularly get more than 100 views on videos. I also make around $4 a month. This isn't a lot, but traveling in India I can fill my petrol tank halfway with that money. It helps! With that little bit, I can make more content to help me attract more viewers.

chaosnaut

Mar 26, 2015
India
I ride a
Yamaha Crux 2012
Well, I just went and subbed to every single one of the YouYube pages listed on the "Share Your Social Channel Here" thread.

It took less than 10 minutes, I have vids running in the background as I type here.

With that threads 54 replies I think I counted 12 YouTube pages having more than 1000 subs, so less than 1/4 of those posters may be eligible for getting paid.

As far as the watch time, 4000 hrs/yr = 20,000 minutes per month, I'm fairly close to this with my measly 157 sub count.
Could you please post a link to that thread?

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I'm not saying this is a bad idea. But I must admit, I can not see the point in it. I have been up all night, working, so maybe that's why.
The questions, that are slowly crawling through my head right now, and I am yet unable to answer myself:
1) What good would a sub do, if it is done as a favor? If the subber does not like my content, and will unsub in a little while, what would the benefit, in the long run be?
2) Why would I sub to someone, when I can't see the their content interesting me? My sub feed is getting so many posts on daily basis anyway, that often I have trouble watching all the videos. Good thing the bell icon can be unchecked, that my phone does not go mental, during the few hours of sleep, I sometimes get. Sure all people are not like me, some might sub to anything related to bikes, but I tend to choose, what I watch. I bet there are others, who do that too.
3) If you happen to have a very small channel. Wouldn't the amount of subs multiplying, in short time, scare you? I know it would scare me.
4) When will the sun get up? It's so darn dark here.

chaosnaut

Mar 26, 2015
India
I ride a
Yamaha Crux 2012
I'm not saying this is a bad idea. But I must admit, I can not see the point in it. I have been up all night, working, so maybe that's why.
The questions, that are slowly crawling through my head right now, and I am yet unable to answer myself:
1) What good would a sub do, if it is done as a favor? If the subber does not like my content, and will unsub in a little while, what would the benefit, in the long run be?
2) Why would I sub to someone, when I can't see the their content interesting me? My sub feed is getting so many posts on daily basis anyway, that often I have trouble watching all the videos. Good thing the bell icon can be unchecked, that my phone does not go mental, during the few hours of sleep, I sometimes get. Sure all people are not like me, some might sub to anything related to bikes, but I tend to choose, what I watch. I bet there are others, who do that too.
3) If you happen to have a very small channel. Wouldn't the amount of subs multiplying, in short time, scare you? I know it would scare me.
4) When will the sun get up? It's so darn dark here.

Every sub helps. The more people who are exposed to your content, the greater your likelihood of being spotted by someone who likes your content.

I will sub to other motovloggers through this. I'm not going to like all of the channels, but I will discover SOME new channels I really like. If everyone does this, then everyone will discover some new channels and everyone benefits.

Nobody should be scared about achieving a large number of subs, even small channels. If people like your content, they will stay. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep the people who like what you are doing. This is how small channels become big.

Check east around sunrise :)

Reactions: FastAfter50

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I would be very interested in sub for sub.

In an unrelated question, how do I change my user name here? I have rebranded my youtube channel but not my handle here.

Write in the feedback section with before and after username, I’ll look later and update

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
Count me OUT. I'm not into the whole sub 4 sub thingy. In the end this just bloats up the sub number and more often than not doesn't grow your following. I'm subbing for people who I will watch and not just to get a sub in return. Anyways i've already added a couple of guys from here to my channel's favorite page (on the right). A shoutout seems like a good idea though. Anyways thats my 2c :) .

Reactions: DRfURYOS

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I don't think sub 4 sub works. YT seems to have an algorithm to detect and remove fake subs. I tried it with my secondary channel (that would be affected, my main motovlogging one isn't) and all of the sub 4 subs i obtained were automatically removed after 2 days.

Dead subs remain, believe me ;)

Allot of people who do sub for sub remove the sub after a week or so themselves.
Some people do sub for sub with a special sub"channel", which might get removed by yt yes.

But other then that, you are safe.

cueball

Wannabie Member
Nov 21, 2015
I ride a
suzuki bandit 600cc
Rf600r
Dead subs remain, believe me ;)

Allot of people who do sub for sub remove the sub after a week or so themselves.
Some people do sub for sub with a special sub"channel", which might get removed by yt yes.

But other then that, you are safe.

You got a channel I'll check you out whats your link buddy

BennyBones

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
'06 Triumph Bonneville (stolen), '74 Honda CT70, '93 Honda ST1100.
I think it's a great idea. I got one of those nasty letters from youtube saying they were going to de-monitize my videos which is a shame as there is no way I am going to hit the thresh hold in the 30 days they gave me. I think I have like 20 subscribers and like 130 videos. shame, I think I am 'alright' at making video content.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I think it's a great idea. I got one of those nasty letters from youtube saying they were going to de-monitize my videos which is a shame as there is no way I am going to hit the thresh hold in the 30 days they gave me. I think I have like 20 subscribers and like 130 videos. shame, I think I am 'alright' at making video content.

There are other aways around it. amazon, affiliates etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts