Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
So the forum is picking up like it does every year, it’s defo a seasonal site and that’s cool because a lot of riders are fair weathers etc, blah blah

So let’s face it. Most people will never reach 1000 subs so they can monetise their channels, no offence but it’s just the way it is.

However, we CAN help each other out... a lot of businesses on Facebook often do is what they call ‘like ladders’ someone starts a weekly thread and anyone who replies, shares their page but they often like the page above, when it’s good people can gain likes pretty quickly etc.

However - you will find out of 50 replies, you’ll only gain 30 likes, some will take but not give....

How can we as a community help each other out? We can have a thread, once a week where people sub to each other but how can we kick out the people who ‘spam but don’t like?

We can only moderate what’s on this site but if we get 20 replies, we can’t prove everyone had subbed to each other.... unless you tell us.

If there a way around this do you think?

My idea and it’s only an idea -

• Only people with however many posts can ‘enter’ on this forum
  • We have the thread, once a week and only open for 12 hours then closed
  • We will need people to like the people’s posts if they’ve subbed back
  • If someone can see someone is liking their post but they aren’t got an email to say they’ve subbed, we NEED you to out them in the same thread, if we get more than two reports about the same person, game over they get binned from the YouTube sub swap
  • Without your reporting input, we can’t help and it will not work

What’s your ideas?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Sounds like a plan, however some people dont show publicly who they are subscribed to. So not sure how thats going to work.

Forgot about that but you still get the email to say they've subbed? I think they are few and fair between and if I'm honest, if they get flagged by two members in that weeks thread (for example) they either change their settings or they they don't take part?

I'll be happy to help 9 out of 10 members, its up to that one person to change

Reactions: R-Rated

Heartland

Wannabie Member
Jan 9, 2016
I ride a
DRZ400s
I have two channels, I am willing to play along as well. I don't know for sure how you want to do this and or what is the easiest way to share,.
My one channel, I don't actually know if and when I get a new sub, it quite showing me a long time ago, my other channel still shows.
Are you going to start a new thread and have people just post the links to their channels or how are you planning to start it?

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Are you going to start a new thread and have people just post the links to their channels or how are you planning to start it?

I'm bouncing ideas at the moment to be honest. However I think what will be easier is this"

Have a forum section that only members who are logged in can see
Only members with say 50 posts can post/update/share
It will be once a week at least, maybe every couple of weeks.
After 12/24 hours that thread will be closed and a new one opened
It will only be open to members of a criteria to stop spammers

The main thing is 'outing' the people who share their channels but don't like/sub anyone else. Without peoples input, it won't work and thats why I posted this, how can it be moderated

Motocam

Wannabie Member
Nov 26, 2017
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
I'm bouncing ideas at the moment to be honest. However I think what will be easier is this"

Have a forum section that only members who are logged in can see
Only members with say 50 posts can post/update/share
It will be once a week at least, maybe every couple of weeks.
After 12/24 hours that thread will be closed and a new one opened
It will only be open to members of a criteria to stop spammers

The main thing is 'outing' the people who share their channels but don't like/sub anyone else. Without peoples input, it won't work and thats why I posted this, how can it be moderated

This would count me out as I certainly haven’t had 50 posts yet, however I think it’s a great idea and I will be onboard.

I’ve found some great channels that I wouldn’t be aware of from searching on here. Sounds like a great way to find new content and promote your own channel.

Look forward to seeing where this goes

MrCC

Wannabie Member
Jul 27, 2017
I ride a
2015 Wolf V 150, 2016 Yamaha FZ 07
I'm in. What is the name of the Facebook group?

Reactions: R-Rated

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I don't think sub 4 sub works. YT seems to have an algorithm to detect and remove fake subs. I tried it with my secondary channel (that would be affected, my main motovlogging one isn't) and all of the sub 4 subs i obtained were automatically removed after 2 days.

Reactions: RoninK6

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am in. I need to update my settings on YouTube since I keep who I sub to private. Plus I need reopen my sub total for folks to see.

So long subing to kitten of the week. Wouldn't want my audience knowing that.

Will there be a heads up on go live? I know I lurk around the forum but 12 hours might miss some folks.

Also, I think anyone with more than 1.2k subs already should need this sort of help, but that is just me...

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
I don't think sub 4 sub works. YT seems to have an algorithm to detect and remove fake subs. I tried it with my secondary channel (that would be affected, my main motovlogging one isn't) and all of the sub 4 subs i obtained were automatically removed after 2 days.

I’m not on about fake subs, these are real members with active channels etc.

Different ips, locations and logins etc.

Not fake accounts set up to well, manipulate which is something google is very good at spotting yea

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Good point. Would be worth an experiment though as long as the Tube Gods did not smite our channels from up high.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Won’t happen it’s not fake or bought likes it’s real people all over the world

Makes sense plus think about how everyone on this forum who is truly active subs to others already. It is like a mutual interest exchange of ideas.

Just curious and you do not have to answer but how many members do you consider being active? I ask because some seem to fall off every now and then. Some folks may need about 800 or so subs increase to hit the mark.

Reactions: moto anzac
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts