Status
Not open for further replies.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
Hey everyone I have been thinking of getting Sony Vegas Pro but when I look online I see several variations of it. From movie editor for about 50 bucks to sony vegas siminar that ranges all the way up to 700 dollars which one do I need to do youtube stuff? :?:

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Are you buying or "acquiring"?

All the pro software (Vegas, Premier etc) are complicated and take time to learn the basics, whereas programs like Movie Maker are designed to be simple. It's down to personal preference, are you going to be heavy on editing? Do you enjoy the editing and willing to spend time learning?

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
The most editing I really do is not much at all... I mean I ad txt and sometimes cut scenes out but for the most part when I am doing a multi part video I film things in sequence of each other so I dont have to go back and forth. And I will add music in but really No i guess I dont do an extrem amount of editing but one thing I am looking forward to in vegas is special effects just for intro pics to the videos! :mrgreen:

Darkzy43

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ashford, Kent
I ride a
1996 Gs500 (modified and restricted)
synicalmanor said:
Also what is the difference between Sony Vegas Pro 11 and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11?

i presume the HD version can render video's in Hight Def ... But don't take my word for it :roll:

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
And also is there a certain version that I need to get some special effects? I just talked the guys at Best Buy when I was on lunch and they looked at me like I was talking Greek! They said my questions are too advanced and I knew more about the program then they do! I was like are you serious is this not what you work here for?

carlsant1

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR900RR 1996
if all your wanting it for is the special affects then why not "acquire" adobe after affects? thats what it was made for, and is a brilliant tool, i used it for my intro vid on mine.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
carlsant1 said:
if all your wanting it for is the special affects then why not "acquire" adobe after affects? thats what it was made for, and is a brilliant tool, i used it for my intro vid on mine.
Ok I'll check it out! yeah I just really want it for intro's is all! :D

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
ToastToGo said:
Ahh yes. Acquiring...that's the word for it. :)

Well indeed, I for one would certainly never consider illegally downloading expensive editing material from the internet, that idea is absurd!!! =D

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
ok so I have sony vegas pro 11 now and I am trying to edit a video but the video is so choppy I cant get a priview of it and cant seem to figure out if what I am doing! I am sooooooooooo lost right now. I am gonna upload a video to youtube and see what it looks like but I am almost 99% certain I will delete it and go back and edit it on movie maker. It would be fine if I could see what I am doing but the preview is choppy it wont play like movie maker. I cant see what I need to do. If anyone can help that would be great!

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
you can change the playback settings to low quality - that may help to get it smoother.

What processor/graphics card are you using?

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
All I know is its a ATI graphics card and 300gb hard drive with 3gb ram and 64 bit! I have turned the graphics down on vegas to the lowest setting and its still really choppy but when I preview stuff in movie maker it does not do that!

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
The preview may look choppy because your card/computer isn't powerful enough to handle the unrendered preview, but once you export/render your video file, it should play just fine on your computer. Sony Vegas is resource heavy, so it will want to suck more of your video memory to run.

And if your computer is good enough to run Vegas, the program tends to be quirky sometimes. At least for me it is.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
But that is just it when the program is running I still have 1.22 gb of ram free so It should be running fine! Also How do you save the video so you can open it later in a window's media file to preview or how do you watch it after your finished?

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
I assume you are on a laptop? In which case the graphics won't be great, so you are stuggling from the start. Rendering uses graphics and processor power, and all of it. If you have a gadget (all cpu meter) you can see everything is maxxed out apart from the RAM. Rendering does not use much ram (I have asked previously here if there is a way to allocate RAM for rendering since I have 8gb free), so that may be why you have free RAM.

As toast said, if you render the video should be smooth when finished.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
synicalmanor said:
But that is just it when the program is running I still have 1.22 gb of ram free so It should be running fine! Also How do you save the video so you can open it later in a window's media file to preview or how do you watch it after your finished?

Previewing a video in Vegas is a VERY resource intensive task, and it's not ram. 99% of the limit comes from your processor and your video card. Get used to it being choppy, it takes a LOT of computer to be able to smoothly preview video.

As far as "How do you save the video so you can open it later in a window's media file to preview or how do you watch it after your finished?" That's called 'rendering.' It's one of the buttons up on the top left of the main screen, and it involves a lotta output settings. For now pick a preset that's close to what you want to put out and let it do it's thing. EXPECT it to take an hour or so to render the vid, be happy if it's less.

Vegas is an extremely powerful, extremely complicated program with a near vertical learning curve. If you really need to know how to do something the best thing you can do is search it on YouTube. For the most part the different generations of Vegas operate the same, so dig up a tutorial that tells you how to do what you want to do and start learning. It's going to take a while to really get the hang of using that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts