So a couple of new cameras rumoured! <3

DB Moto

"Spirited" Supersport Motovlogger
Oct 23, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R6
I’ve purchased an Osmo Action and the official mic adapter. So has Volgnit. His sounds terrible and mine doesn’t even work. I don’t know what he plans to do but I’m trying to return my adapter and I’ll just use my 10C Pro to record audio
I'd love to know what the general quality of the 10C Pro is! What's your experience so far?

Ride_NZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2015
New Zealand
I ride a
1995 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000
I'd love to know what the general quality of the 10C Pro is! What's your experience so far?

audio is good. Video is pretty average. Too much sharpening, saturation and contrast. Blows out skies. Not stabilised. However on the good side you can charge while recording and if it’s all I had I would vlog with it

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
audio is good. Video is pretty average. Too much sharpening, saturation and contrast. Blows out skies. Not stabilised. However on the good side you can charge while recording and if it’s all I had I would vlog with it
If you can change settings like on gopro and set the iso, white balance and flatten the color you can eliminate that wash out and then color correct in your editor. I do this on all my videos and it takes a mere 2 minutes to color the whole video.

Reactions: HRMV

Ride_NZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2015
New Zealand
I ride a
1995 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000
If you can change settings like on gopro and set the iso, white balance and flatten the color you can eliminate that wash out and then color correct in your editor. I do this on all my videos and it takes a mere 2 minutes to color the whole video.

There are none of those settings on the camera -all you can do is choose a resolution. I’ve played around with adding a slight blur and pulling back the sat and contrast in Resolve and it does help but the baked in contrast contributes to blowing the sky out and there’s nothing you can do about that in post. I’ve tilted the camera up a little to try and bias the exposure for the sky and it looks ok but nothing fabulous. Anyway this is all sort of academic because the 10C Evo is out now and that’s much improved

Reactions: HRMV

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I know! I have to say that this is probably the biggest downfall that I've seen in the way of the new design. Having said that, I think I understand the compromises that they're making and their reasoning. I see it as focusing more on video quality and migration to modern technology such as USB-C, which might restrict them from keeping useful features from the old design. I was going to buy the mic adapter for hooking up to my in-helmet microphone, but decided to buy the Zoom H2n instead since the GoPro 8 mic adapter doesn't appear to be waterproof, either.

I would think that if the look at the market and the amount of regular vloggers they would improve usability of the audio and its accessibility.

Most camera's are more waterproof then the seller tells.
Underpromise, overachieve kinda thing ;)

Reactions: HRMV and WheelyPerd

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Most camera's are more waterproof then the seller tells.
Underpromise, overachieve kinda thing ;)
I think its because to call something "waterproof" (or actually "water resistant") you have to go through testing and certification, which adds cost. Some LG phones are waterproof but have no certification because the phones are so cheap in the market they are sold, so they are not sold as water proof.

Reactions: HRMV and DB Moto

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
That and the difference between waterproof, water-resistant and submergedable, although all used wildly random xD

Yip then you throw shower proof into the mix. What annoys me is the ones that say waterproof or resistant but what they don't explain is that using the water resistant case severely limits the functionality of the cam, like the mic and charging ports.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It seems they do a 4K one for not far off affordable.....
I'd suggest the Insta360 One X is possibly the goto camera in class at the moment... although once GoPro sort out the Android app then the GoPro Max will be in the running. This QooCam 8k is more expensive, heavier, larger and not waterproof... but does allow for a powerbank, does support an external mic with no weird dongle to allow it to be used.

Expect a back to back of all 3 cameras on my channel early next year! :)

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I'd suggest the Insta360 One X is possibly the goto camera in class at the moment... although once GoPro sort out the Android app then the GoPro Max will be in the running. This QooCam 8k is more expensive, heavier, larger and not waterproof... but does allow for a powerbank, does support an external mic with no weird dongle to allow it to be used.

Expect a back to back of all 3 cameras on my channel early next year! :)
Look forward to the aforementioned review of the 3 cameras.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My video explaining what folk need to do to be in for a chance to win my GoPro is going live at 12pm UK time Thursday 14th.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRMV and DB Moto
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 18

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts