SNAP Mount: Versatile Action Camera Mount

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Saw this and thought it could have some potential for what we do. I'm considering backing this and curious what you folks think.

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Could be useful if you move your camera about a lot and saves needing so many GoPro bases being stuck all over the bike. Not sure I'd trust it at speed though.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Could be useful if you move your camera about a lot and saves needing so many GoPro bases being stuck all over the bike. Not sure I'd trust it at speed though.

At speed is the first issue that came to mind but they have to one video that gives a bit of an idea where they have it stuck to the outside of the BMW. And I'm the guy who straps his gopros to tomahawks so my thoughts on keeping my gopro's save isn't the same as everyone else's hahahaha

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Different attaching to a metal car and small tubing on a motorcycle. Gas tank if you have a metal one sure, but to attach to the frame etc not sure if this will work. I also haven not watched any of the vids as yet. Got stuck in a meeting and will have to wait till I return home. I like the shirt and jacket mount though.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Different attaching to a metal car and small tubing on a motorcycle. Gas tank if you have a metal one sure, but to attach to the frame etc not sure if this will work. I also haven not watched any of the vids as yet. Got stuck in a meeting and will have to wait till I return home. I like the shirt and jacket mount though.

I wouldn't even consider attaching the magnet to tubing. That much of a curve is useless for a magnet as it will rock with no stability anyway.

My interest is the ability to mount it to your coat or even shirt using the clothing style magnet and the adapter for the tripod. I sometimes use the chest harness and that thing sucks. Mounting it to the tank or my rear swing arm could be cool but not usuful for much other than cutaway shots because of the vibration my bike puts out..

Reactions: RideOnTwo

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Looks like a cool idea. Speed could be an issue but on a bike with the curve of a tank. But for using with a selfie stick and under clothes I see no issues

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Mounting to clothing seems like a good idea but all the clothing appeared to be not as thick as a leather riding jacket. I wonder if the magnets may not hold through something that thick? If they did then would they be too strong to pull apart easily on thinner materials?

Also on thinner materials shown, how did they deal with the camera making the material sag? Imagine they could compensate during editing by adjusting rotation but what about tilting?

Just wondering.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I think with 4 magnets it prevents shifting and moving to much.
It does show a thicker jacket when fishing, so a decent motorcyclejacket should be doable.

I have magnets here that work through 10mm glass with no problems.
So a leather jacket shouldn't be a problem i would guess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BikeFather Camera Setups 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts