Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
In many cases it’s almost the opposite in the states, where MC riders won’t always acknowledge a scooter rider. Not sure if you guys have the two finger salute in the UK, but it’s a way to show camaraderie among riders here.

A lot of scooter riders are MC riders and some have both. Scooters are great on the twisties as they are more stable in the curves, and it depends on what class of scooter you have -- Classic, Sport or Maxi. I’ve owned the last two and my current bike gets 70 mpg and can do 90 mph/145 kph. A number of scooterist are long distance endurance riders, racers and adventure riders as well.
The 2 finger salute is a different thing in the UK! :D

8BitRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 8, 2016
USA
I ride a
2008 Yamaha FZ6- Roxie
The Joy the Grom and other small displacement bikes bring out in people is so cool to see. As has been said, a bikes a bike. As long as you enjoy it I don't care what you ride. There will be those people ( Mainly Harley riders here in the states) that will look down on you for having a small bike but who cares? If it puts a smile on your face when you ride, it's a good bike.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Hi guys.

I've been wondering this for a while now and only got through to actually posting this now.

This might sound stupid, but do guys on bigger bikes see guys on smaller bikes as bikers, or just commuters?

With smaller bikes I mean in and around 150cc - 250cc.

Thanks.
Mos bikers near me are Enduro riders. I am th odd man out being on a bigger bike. I just wonder if they think I am a real rider.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've noticed dealerships treat me different regarding my KTM 390 Duke vs my Moto Guzzi or Triumph, they try talking to me like I'm Jon Snow when I am there with the 390! Pisses me right off

Reactions: Mr. G

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I've noticed dealerships treat me different regarding my KTM 390 Duke vs my Moto Guzzi or Triumph, they try talking to me like I'm Jon Snow when I am there with the 390! Pisses me right off
Got this from the harely riders when I had my sportster

Reactions: HippoDrone

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
A bikes a bike!

I nod to all if possible. Who am I to say im better than anyone else because I have a bigger engine between my legs?

Not saying im best friends with them or the brotherhood of two wheels is so strong we now have a connection or any other BS like that but I do recognise they face the same shit and risks as I do as well as having just as much fun!

You get knobs in all walks of life.. I try not to be one when Im on the bike.

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
My wife is currently wanting to move down bikes from a 1200 to a 500/250. We're looking for a Rebel for her. To answer you question though... about all motorcyclsts... I don't really care what engine size they have as long as they're cool people. You can have idiots on a 250 doing really stupid stuff just like someone doing stupid stuff on a liter bike, albeit less common for the 250 guys lol.

Now scooters.... that's a different topic! ;);)

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Most scooter riders are pretty laid back. They're either real experienced riders finding scooters (300-650ccs) easier to operate and still good for road trips. Or they're new to riding and working their way up to a bigger bike.

- Wolf

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
My wife is currently wanting to move down bikes from a 1200 to a 500/250. We're looking for a Rebel for her. To answer you question though... about all motorcyclsts... I don't really care what engine size they have as long as they're cool people. You can have idiots on a 250 doing really stupid stuff just like someone doing stupid stuff on a liter bike, albeit less common for the 250 guys lol.

Now scooters.... that's a different topic! ;);)
Nothing wrong with scooters my dude, i know several lads who race scooters who would put most people to shame, never seen racing like it in my life 5 wide going into first corner leaning onto each other

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Last week I stopped to check on one guy, stoped by the road, in the rain. He had just pulled over, to put a jacket on, because of the rain, his bike was fine. We spoke for few minutes, complimented each others bikes and talked about where we were going to and where from. He had visited a smaller bikers event and drove few hundred km to get there, on a 50cc moped. And he was now returning home. Knowing our traffic, he is more of a biker, than I am. I have ridden 50cc scooters around my home town and it is far scarier and more dangerous, than riding a big bike, capable of going highway speeds.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts