Share A Noobie Vlogging Tip!!

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
Yeah scheduling the vids is something I haven't worked with yet, but would have been perfect for what I was doing. I could have got everything uploaded in a week, but schedule them all to come out one per week. I would have been set for 12 weeks with just that series. I have part II of my "new gear" vid to upload yet, maybe I can figure out how to do this and be able to set up to download it tonight but not go live till Friday.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Scheduling is easy... in the video details page on YT, right under Private/Unlisted/Public, there's Schedule. Select the date and time you want it live, click Save or whatever it says, and you're done.

The best part of this is it allows YT to process all the different qualities of your video, from SD to HD to 2K and 4K, well in advance of the video going live.

Even with 5-8 videos already uploaded & scheduled, I still feel under pressure to record/edit/detail more videos. It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya!

-John

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Here's one. If you record and edit up a whole series of videos from a trip, don't post them all at once. Save them, space them out. It should help keep your internet presence as well as keep a steady flow of content to your channel.

I do this big time. I'm still posting motovlogs I filmed last summer which I just sat on until now simply to keep up my one video per week leisurely pace! :D

Apr 6, 2018
A few things that were not mentioned or only casually mentioned and I wanna really stress....

1) You should be able to, in one or two sentences, communicate what your channel is about, and why someone would benefit from subscribing.

2) People don't know you, they don't owe you, and they aren't interested in you. You could have never been born, or you could disappear tomorrow, and nothing in their lives would change, so if you want to grow a following you have to give them a reason to care either about you and/or care about the content you make.

3) You know those people who post videos of fireworks or pics of their kids on Instagram? Nobody cares about them or their fireworks. Unless you're very good, people don't want to watch videos made for your own creative pleasure, they want to watch the videos that were made for them.

I share stuff that I already know. It doesn't benefit me to share it. I do it because sharing it benefits others. I have over 100 videos on my channel, I'm maybe actually riding my motorcycle in like 5 of them. 95% of the time I'm showing, teaching, explaining, helping, answering.

YouMotorcycle.com is 10,000 views short of 3,000,000 page views.
YouTube.com/YouMotorcycle has hit it's millionth page view a couple weeks ago.

There's a reason I called it YouMotorcycle, and not iMotorcycle. It isn't about me, it's about You.

I hope I've added value to You with this post. If I have, you know where to find me for more :)

Last edited:

Apr 6, 2018
lol! Nah... Once a year for the past 3 years I've tried making content aimed directly at helping motovloggers. It always does terribly. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice, please don't fool me fourice.

• Haha
Reactions: Theodor

Renee MARR

Middle Age Road Rage
Aug 8, 2022
CA
I ride a
GOLDWING, Road King, Dyna Street Bob, Gixxer
I'll keep this simple but I want to build a list of vlogging tips for the noobs!

As you may have guessed, I see more vlogs than most people because of this site and this is my biggest tip and most people still do it!

Don't name your channel after the brand of your bike!!!

Most people chop and change, we crash, stolen, sell and most don't every get the same bike again. Here, I will change your username but on places like Youtube, you can't change custom URLS etc

You could then lose followers and all sorts as your channel name turns into something completely unrelated

Post your tip below
But… I AM the NOOB…
Good ideas and thoughts in this thread!
Thx folks!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts