Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Not got a website, just social media. I work on my tags on the videos to hopefully help get them seen, no idea if they work though
One of my 360 how to vids and reviews was showing up in a lot of searches though, so guessing I did somit right

SafetyVlog

Safety Riding Motovlog
Aug 31, 2020
Indonesia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Supra GTR 150cc
Has anyone used any search engine optimization on your channel or websites?

At first we upload, no one can see our videos even no one want to/looking for our videos.
So we must share our links manually into many related gorups in facebook. In my country, facebook is still crowded of users.
You must have at least home page or fans page on facebook :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Titter

Wannabie Member
Aug 14, 2020
I ride a
Multistrada 1200 and Street Triple 675R
My sons an SEO for a large advertising company. For a bit of fun he did something where if you googled his name in images the first picture was of him looking terrible and the second was of someone pointing at the previous picture with the words “handsome as %@#&”. :)

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated and MMVNJ

MMVNJ

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2020
I ride a
Indian Scout
My sons an SEO for a large advertising company. For a bit of fun he did something where if you googled his name in images the first picture was of him looking terrible and the second was of someone pointing at the previous picture with the words “handsome as %@#&”. :)

That's awesome!

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Yeah, have done a bit of SEO on my website, and little on YouTube.

Re: YT I'm def no expert, but the articles I read suggested the keywords you were targetting should appear in 1) the keywords, obviously 2) the video title 3) in your description and 4) verbally in the video (yes, sounded like some YT voice recognition algorithm are in place). Vids that had search terms present in all of those would be deemed more relevant and stoof better chance of ranking higher in SERPs (presumembly on YT and in Google search).
Obviously, number of views, likes, subs, comments, watch time etc all played a part in search engines bubbling good/relevant/popular content up the SERPs.

As for website SEO, man that's one huge can of worms you opening there. A minefield of what best, what best now for Google, what you should do, what you mustn't do, everyone wanting to charge for it, who will actually do a good job, how to do you even quantify a good job, what metrics are still relevent, what terms should you target, what terms do you stand any chance of targeting, etc etc. It's mind boggling.

For years I resisted paying any cash for SEO and tried to just do it alone, following googled articles that looked reasonable. However, recently I started using the SquirrlySEO Wordpress plugin and paying monthly for their Pro service. It's good at guiding you through the stuff you should do and reporting what can be improved. It is a little rough around edges, had a few bugs in their reporting but the dev's have been responsive and fixed issues I've raised. And yes, I have seen some influx in traffic after using it, no crazy sky rocketting graphs, but definitely going in the right direction. But like many things, you got to do the hard graft, you only get out what you put in.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Oh, I am SO going to give SquirrlySEO a look-over! I really want more subs and views on YT and my personal site, and since I have Google Ads on my personal site, that's the first place improvements show anything, since I get my $.00005 per day LOL!

Thanks for the tip!

-John

Arfa

Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Damnit, I should be on the Squirrly affiliate referral scheme! Missed out there. :p

It's worth checking out. I do wish they had a cheaper entry level subscription, I find don't really use all the allowences of the entry level sub and would have preferred to pay a little less for less. There are some UI/UX clunkyness that could be more efficiently designed, but it's functional. I also wish the Google Analytics side of it tracked outbound links as events too.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I looked at Squirrly and went with SEOPress. It had a higher rating and still free.

Did you also look at SEOPress, and if so, why did you go with Squirrly?

-John

Arfa

Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
TBH I haven't looked at SEOPress much. I choose Squirrly after reading some round up review article on some site. I really liked how Squirrly analysed your posts as you wrote them pointing out how you should use your keywords (in title, url, headings, embolded, alt tags, meta etc), and ensuring you had the right amount/repetition for your article length etc. I haven't seen this in many other plugins. This, sat along some nice keyword research tools sold it to me.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I installed it on my WordPress site - think I'll switch over to it and check it out, thanks!

Do you also use JetPack? I've found a lot of good features in it... but Squirrly says to deactivate it???

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Well, I left JetPack installed, and am now playing around with Squirrly... and I can immediately say it's easier to use than SEOPress, so I'm gonna keep it and tweak it some more.

Already I see it'll include an image in my WordPress -> Twitter posts, so bonus!

-John

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I was wondering about this too. I received a comment on one of my videos from someone claiming to be able to help get my views up, but figured it might be a scammer so never followed up. So some of these companies can help with the youtube channel?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Using the right tags, video description and title will help get traffic to your channel, so yes, a company/individual can help you, but if they are charging, is it worth it when we are at the hobbyist level?

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I suggest using TubeBuddy and VidIQ to maximize your tags, and GiMP for creating attractive thumbnails [plenty of tutorials online]. As for titles, keywords in the first 50 chars will draw people in and putting more keywords "after the fold" so to speak, can be quite beneficial.

About once a week, I go through some of my videos [usually 5 or so] and redo the TN/tag/title combo and see if anything changes. I recently did this and saw new hits on a lot of videos, so I know this process works.

@Dewey316 and I have been noodling this around on a regular basis, trying to see what works.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I've been learning about using better titles and tags since hanging around this forum. I want you guys to know I really appreciate the tips and being able to ask others about these sorts of questions that friends and family wouldn't have a clue the answers to. I know I've been bombing this forum with a ton of posts and interaction, but it's because I really want to learn as much as I can before the new season starts, so thanks for putting up with me and I really appreciate it. Dont worry, I"ll settle down soon!

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I've been learning about using better titles and tags since hanging around this forum. I want you guys to know I really appreciate the tips and being able to ask others about these sorts of questions that friends and family wouldn't have a clue the answers to. I know I've been bombing this forum with a ton of posts and interaction, but it's because I really want to learn as much as I can before the new season starts, so thanks for putting up with me and I really appreciate it. Dont worry, I"ll settle down soon!

Hey man, glad we can help! When people ask questions, we ALL learn :D

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is the whole point to the forum mate, so keep asking the questions if you have them :)

MIDLIFEWAB

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2021
I ride a
Iron 1200
Thank you for help. I have TubeBuddy but not the paid version so im limited on options. When I hit 250 subscribers I will look into the paid version. Does anyone use the pro version do you see the cost worth it?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO