Reducing file size on Lightworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Does anyone know how I can reduce file size on lightworks, the file has come out as 2.10 GB for a 5 minute video, 0.10 over the file size limit for yt. It 720p HD. I tried standard def but the quality was crap. Can I compress it on lightworks or is there some free software somewhere to get the size down?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Chessecake94 said:
Does anyone know how I can reduce file size on lightworks, the file has come out as 2.10 GB for a 5 minute video, 0.10 over the file size limit for yt. It 720p HD. I tried standard def but the quality was crap. Can I compress it on lightworks or is there some free software somewhere to get the size down?

AVI

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
I render mine as wmv @ 720p. File sizes are nice and small compared to other formats and the quality is still there. Also seems to work nicer with YT uploading in my experience.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Chessecake94 said:
Chessecake94 said:

AVI

I had a similar problem with Sony Vegas. Don't save it as avi, save it as wmv.

RobLSV

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bournemouth, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Is Lighworks any good? I tried downloading it on my Windows machine and found it pretty confusing. Not really a big fan of iMovie/Final Cut Pro X, so may give it a try on my Mac.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
RobLSV said:
Is Lighworks any good? I tried downloading it on my Windows machine and found it pretty confusing. Not really a big fan of iMovie/Final Cut Pro X, so may give it a try on my Mac.

Its very confusing to start with, took me about 10hrs of swearing and monitor punching to get used to it. You have to forget everything you know about how editing software works and start again. But considering its free it quite good. Theres plenty of tutorial videos out there. The trick is to cut each section down to the part you want seperatly, then put it all together on one timeline at the end, I'd rather use Final Cut any day, but i cant afford to have a Mac at home, or buy any proper software.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
The only options are - AVI, MXF or Quicktime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts