Privatize the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughes111

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
I ride a
Aprila 96'
Matt & Fellow users, how would you feel about the suggestion (though take into consideration the impact on the community at first) of having the forums private bar' a few sections?

Meaning, users cannot view the content within each forum unless they first, sign up?
Guests will only be able to view "special" area(s), general stuff etc.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I Don't think it would really be in the spirit of motovlog to force people to join, there will be a lot of info on here that many people will find interesting and then may join

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Agree with Curly, I watched this forum for a month or two before I signed up. I wouldn't have if it wasn't open like it is.

Forcing people to sign up doesn't really seem like what the motovlog community is about.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
I don't think we should, and because sign up isn't admin controlled anyone can view posts if their desperate

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
Don't get me wrong, I love to force people to do things, usually with duct tape and a wooden paddle.

But, since internet users still have "freedom", some might just turn away rather than invest the time in registering before they even know if they want to participate in the community. The Thunderdome subforum is on fight-club rules though, so its hush-hush until you register. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts