Posting Crash Video

Abay

Wannabie Member
Mar 13, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha MT-25, Yamaha "Vixion" FZ 150
I just saw a video on youtube of a crash involving 2 bikes and 2 cars. One rider died from the crash. Its clearly the riders fault. The crash happened just a few days back.

Pretty sure the uploader isnt a relative or friend of the riders involved in the crash. He showed the footage, explained the crash, give a "ride safe" message, and prayed for the deceased.

The comment section is flooded with hate towards the rider, saying "idiot got what he deserved" and things like that. Its really sad knowing some people are so easy to exploit an accident to make a sensation. And how bad the image of motorcycling is to people.

Probably its not my place to say it here, but i think we should refrain from posting crash footages, rider's fault or not. The name of motorcycling is already bad as it is, or at least thats the case in my country. Basically anyone riding anything larger than 150cc is stereotyped with speeding and arrogant riding.

So, yeah.. Just saying.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Crash videos should continue to be posted. There is nothing wrong. The vast majority of riding schools use these amateur videos on Youtube during theory lessons to remind new riders of the risks. They can be educational material if used properly.

Anyway, outside of the area of training new riders, it's pure entertainment, humans are basic creatures. Like seriously basic. They'd much rather watch a video that stokes their primitive emotional response than some guy waxing lyrical about a very intellectual subject.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I'm not against posting crash videos as long as it's posted with the right context and respect to the deceased (if any). You cannot influence what trolls post in the comments unless you filter or disable comments entirely.

Crash videos, to me, show what can possibly happen, whether it was rider fault/error or not. It serves as a reminder why you need to be careful, or slow down at intersections, etc. I don't watch them to see people get hurt or die.

For any of those feeling saint like saying crash videos are just for hording views and billions of internet money, it may be true, but unless crash videos are your sole bread and butter, I don't see why there's any need to shun or belittle those that post it.

Reactions: EDcase

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
The thing is that people jump straight into social media within hours, before knowing if a rider is OK etc

That for me, doesn't sit right

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I think crash videos (if posted here) belong in the Beginner and Safety thread with the intention of generating a discussion on what went wrong, and tips on how to avoid such a crash. I started the Roadcraft thread on the Kymco forum site a few years back, and a lot of links to crash videos (along with other topics) are posted there.

I'm not a fan of watching a crash video if it's present along the lines of a Faces of Death video. In a resource context where those discussing it will view the footage in an analytical manner, and not to troll those who caused the crash, victims, or start a flame war with anyone who doesn't agree with their opinions, then there can be meaningful take aways, life saving tips, and an expansion on a rider's skill set as related to riding and surviving on the road.

- Wuf

Reactions: EDcase

2WDutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2017
Netherlands
I ride a
Kawasaki Z1000
I always get the shivers from accident video's even like people fighting in traffic, damn isnt't there already enough anger and sadness in the world?

But for some brainless drivers it would be good to look more of that video's vlogging in traffic is serious, you can pay it with your live if you are not carefull.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I have a young high school student who I saw watching illegal car racing clips on Youtube yesterday. He doesn't drive, but has ridden with a relative's boyfriend who does it a lot -- illegal racing. I mentioned how dangerous it was, not only to the driver but to others on the road - mom's with kids, families and more. I then showed him Yammie Noobs crash and a few other car crash videos where the driver wasn't racing, but making spontaneous lane changes without a clear heads up of what was ahead of them.

I could see the student was greatly disturbed, and maybe his bubble on driving fast and hard may have been broken. The conversation then switched to motorcycles and I told him about how track day riding was a better, and safer opportunity to test your skills than on pubic roads. He showed a keen interest in Standard, Naked bikes.

- Wuf

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts