Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
cool, the music isn't necessarily the best for the mood though! :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Nice work. Was the drone programed to follow you, or was someone else operating it?

- Wolf

It was programmed. These DJI sparks are a bit limited on speed when tracking. So one has to be creative when shooting and editing to make it look just right.

Honestly, it would be best practice to have someone actually operate the drone while letting its camera track the object. Speed is not so much of a factor then.

Reactions: scooterwuf

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Let’s all be honest Hippo is way tuffer than any of us Harry riders!

On a serious note, I like both shots but for many, including myself, 3 is a more appealing number visually. So I recommend a third shot. either from the front of the bike or just the other side of the drone shot.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Let’s all be honest Hippo is way tuffer than any of us Harry riders!

On a serious note, I like both shots but for many, including myself, 3 is a more appealing number visually. So I recommend a third shot. either from the front of the bike or just the other side of the drone shot.

Three shots in a 9 second intro? I think that might be rushed.

If you like variety of music for the opening, I completed a challenge that OldManTony posted on the Challenge Accepted Facebook group. The vlog will go public after the new year since I got other stuff scheduled. Same footage to a different track. I plan on rotating the tracks to set up the mood of the video...or just take the piss out of the situation.

Hippo already has that psuedo blues vocal (I suspect it is just a slowed down track for effect):p

Last edited:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I sang the lyrics in my intro! :) (but yeah, slowed it down coz I can't sing! :D

Haha, I def aint tough @LoneWolfer :D am more squidgy! :D

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I sang the lyrics in my intro! :) (but yeah, slowed it down coz I can't sing! :D

Haha, I def aint tough @LoneWolfer :D am more squidgy! :D

Haha! We may have another idea for a challenge or collaboration...the motovloggers sing along.

It would have to be a public domain song though.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
9 seconds is a lot of time when you're dealing with short videos/films. You can do a lot with that. I personally would add a third moving shot and shorten the static image with your name appearing at the exact same moment rather than having your name fade in. A great example of multiple shots in an intro is Fatboy740. I believe he has 7 shots in an 11 second intro.

But that is just me and maybe I just want to see more of you and your bike, or maybe your mustache, in your intro.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
9 seconds is a lot of time when you're dealing with short videos/films. You can do a lot with that. I personally would add a third moving shot and shorten the static image with your name appearing at the exact same moment rather than having your name fade in. A great example of multiple shots in an intro is Fatboy740. I believe he has 7 shots in an 11 second intro.

But that is just me and maybe I just want to see more of you and your bike, or maybe your mustache, in your intro.

Hmm, maybe the mustache needs it's own channel? Maybe series?:p I know I have folks of all ages comment in person how much they like it especially when I am wearing the antique eyeglass frames from 1931.

Not to name names, but two big motovloggers feature the styled stache in their logos but do they even rock them in real life?

Thanks @scooterwuf . Might be something to consider.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Eureka moment!

How about the first moving shot is in the style ChiPs TV show when the camera showed Officer Baker behind the windscreen?

Or that could be after the drone shot but before the still shot where the name (or topic/title) pops on screen?

SmartSelect_20181213-091748_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: LoneWolfer

SM26

Supermoto isn't just a bike, it's a way of life
Oct 29, 2015
Israel
I ride a
Husqvarna 701SM 2018
Nice!

IMO it's a bit short, or at least the music cutout is too instant.
but I'm an absolute sucker for drone shots.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts