Pinlock Visor - Worth The Hype !?

DFG

Dat Foreign Guy
Dec 26, 2016
North Carolina
I ride a
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
I've never had any issues with mine. Only thing is that the parts of the visor not covered by the pin lock fog up, but that's not a deal breaker.

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Pinlock is fantastic.

The only downside is that the silicone bead around it that seals your visor from moisture is pretty visible and a bit of a distraction at first.

Once it deteriorates, it's garbage but mine lasted a year and a half (was a bit past it's useful life by then though).

Really effective at anti-fogging, I've seen my entire visor fog up around it and it stays perfectly clear.

Reactions: 2WV and HippoDrone

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I always have issues with mine after about a year of use they all seem to fail in heavy rain which makes seeing 10 times harder

My schuberth pinlock will be coming up to a year this November and its still going strong! However, if its raining my visor would always remain shut with a little opening to allow the hot air to escape and cool air to come in.. (a feature most helmets have) that may help extend your pinlock lifespan :)

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
My schuberth pinlock will be coming up to a year this November and its still going strong! However, if its raining my visor would always remain shut with a little opening to allow the hot air to escape and cool air to come in.. (a feature most helmets have) that may help extend your pinlock lifespan :)
it might just be me setting them up fella but i can never get them to be a proper seal, as either it rains and that gets in or if i keep it shut then my breath will still get behind the pinlock, i even had a shoei that got set up properly at squires cafe when shoei where there doing helmet services and that did the same

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
it might just be me setting them up fella but i can never get them to be a proper seal, as either it rains and that gets in or if i keep it shut then my breath will still get behind the pinlock, i even had a shoei that got set up properly at squires cafe when shoei where there doing helmet services and that did the same

Ahh, that sucks man :( i'm sorry to hear that!

Panotaker

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Austin, Texas
I ride a
2008 Yamaha FJR-1300
I just bought a new Shoei RF-1200 helmet. It comes with a free Pinlock system that covers 100%. I live in Texas, where it is hot as hell most of the time, so it's going to be a while before I can see if it works.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I just bought a new Shoei RF-1200 helmet. It comes with a free Pinlock system that covers 100%. I live in Texas, where it is hot as hell most of the time, so it's going to be a while before I can see if it works.

Maybe we could swap climates for like a decade or too. Sick of the rain over here now.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Maybe we could swap climates for like a decade or too. Sick of the rain over here now.
it is right royally messing up all my plans this bloomin rain. Was going to "pop" over to Cornwall on Monday or Tuesday as got them off work and wanted to ride the "Torpoint Twisties" on my V7 and visit my fav cafe just outside of Looe before riding home again but not playing if it is raining

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
it is right royally messing up all my plans this bloomin rain. Was going to "pop" over to Cornwall on Monday or Tuesday as got them off work and wanted to ride the "Torpoint Twisties" on my V7 and visit my fav cafe just outside of Looe before riding home again but not playing if it is raining

Yeah i totally get what you mean! I wanted to vlog sometime this week but i refuse to do it in the wet because its to much effort and not worth the hassle. Plus i think the weather plays a role to the vibe of the vlog

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've currently got 3 backup videos I can post but want to save a few incase the bike has issues or work stops me riding for a bit etc

Reactions: 2WV

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Thats a good idea! Just checked metoffice, should be sunny tomorrow finally and rest of the week with light rain.

Reactions: HippoDrone

KNUCKLE B

Knuckle Buster
Jul 31, 2017
Vancouver BC Canada
I ride a
KTM 450 Supermoto
Pinlocks are awesome... I have a KLIM Kiros helmet and love my pinlocks... never fogs up even on chilly mornings ... Well worth the investment.

Reactions: 2WV

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
In all honesty, it's better to have a pinlock than not to have it. Its basically double glazing on your home. The "technology" works in the exact same way. Hence no fogging in that particular area.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Soooo not to necrobump but... I am ordering an AGV K3-SV and I want an iridum visor. I can order one with pinlock. Question is... is it worth it? Is it going to be that good? Also if do I get to install the pinlock plastic during winter then remove it during the warmer seasons?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO