Non-motovlogging Videos, On A Motovlogging Channel??

Strictly Motovlogs, or a Little Variety?

• Nooo! What, do you have Multiple Personality Disorder?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IronHorse

Wannabie Member
Jan 11, 2017
Stephenville, Tx
I ride a
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200R
After fulfilling my dream of starting my own motovlogging channel last month, I often went around and around with myself, trying to figure out what kinds of videos/topics to post, in order to grasp YouTube's attention span.

Recently, I went in an unexpected direction, when an idea for a video hit me like a ton of bricks...

I created a non-motovlogging video called "Two-wheeled Addiction", which was a short parody of the History channel series "Drugs Inc". Although it was nowhere near a "vlog", the subject of the video still pertained to motorcycles. It's on my channel (IronHorseChaos, since I'm too new to this site to post links) if anyone wants to check it out, and leave their critiques.

Edit: Dandoolittle added video

This style of video was particularly enjoyable for me, as I've always had a secret desire to work in the film industry... And when it comes down to it, the editing process is my favorite part of motovlogging.

I guess my question is: Is straying away from strictly motovlogs, on a motovlogging channel, frowned upon? Or is it a good way to throw in variety and gain new viewers?

Sorry for the lengthy post.

-IronHorseChaos

Last edited by a moderator:

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
If you're gonna flip in videos then you're better starting early while you're building up

Doesn't hurt to mix up and long as the same thing is in most of them... personality

Reactions: IronHorse

IronHorse

Wannabie Member
Jan 11, 2017
Stephenville, Tx
I ride a
If you're gonna flip in videos then you're better starting early while you're building up

Doesn't hurt to mix up and long as the same thing is in most of them... personality

I've thrown around the idea of starting a second channel, i.e. one for motovlogging/one for short films

But i wanted to see if my first channel takes off gracefully on its maiden voyage, or just lingers in the stagnant waters of new youtube channels, before putting in the effort for another.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
loved the vid dude,and have subbed coz of it! :)

If you got cussing though don't beep it out.... especially not the way you did in that vid as it detracts.

If you cuss, be proud to cuss, folk don't like it, they can go play on their tricycle!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
... personality

This is something I have been told from my other youtube channel, have a personality folk like, no good being the best at something if you are unliked at doing it... not saying you are unliked.... the opposite infact, you have something with your vids, if you could perfect they would be awesome mate!

IronHorse

Wannabie Member
Jan 11, 2017
Stephenville, Tx
I ride a
loved the vid dude,and have subbed coz of it! :)

If you got cussing though don't beep it out.... especially not the way you did in that vid as it detracts.

If you cuss, be proud to cuss, folk don't like it, they can go play on their tricycle!
Thanks a bunch man!
The only reason I censored the cussing in that video was to replicate how they censor it in the show Drugs Inc. otherwise, I cuss all the time in my videos, lol... maybe a tad too much sometimes

Reactions: HippoDrone

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Edited your thread

Actually quite liked that fella

When you've got your post count up - add to post your videos and report it, I'll promote it

I liked the bleep of the cussing, made it more funny

Goood starting point of a channel

IronHorse

Wannabie Member
Jan 11, 2017
Stephenville, Tx
I ride a
This is something I have been told from my other youtube channel, have a personality folk like, no good being the best at something if you are unliked at doing it... not saying you are unliked.... the opposite infact, you have something with your vids, if you could perfect they would be awesome mate!
I appreciate that Hippo. This is all still new to me, so hopefully I can perfect it.

IronHorse

Wannabie Member
Jan 11, 2017
Stephenville, Tx
I ride a
Edited your thread

Actually quite liked that fella

When you've got your post count up - add to post your videos and report it, I'll promote it

I liked the bleep of the cussing, made it more funny

Goood starting point of a channel
Thank you much kind sir, I'll be sure to do so.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
if you can offer something no one else does then you are off to a winner

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Too many posts to read, so I didnt

I personally post some other non motorcycle related things on my channel. Purely because if you want a larger audience, you have to cater for more than just a small niche

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
It's all good, I remember just after I started my chan I had a little crash and busted both wrists so no riding for a week. So as I joke I did a video on how to cook an omelette. It was one of my most popular videos for years!

Think I just slagged my own content off there ;)

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Depends on the variety you're tossing into the bowl, if the variety is too wide apart, probably not that suitable to be all in one channel, if variety but still within the theme, sure no problem.

As for seeing your progress starting off fresh and new, provided you didn't engage paid promotions to boost your coverage, probably not wise to monitor, just post because you enjoy it and it if takes off, that's a bonus.

Reactions: BangsarBkr

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
I think it's cool to have some variety once in a while. It gives you a chance to show off your other talents and breaks up the monotony of always seeing things from a behind the handlebars perspective.

If people don't like your random stuff, they can always go back to watching the motorcycle videos. No harm, no foul.

Dark Rider

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSR 600
I'm currently making no motorcycle related content as I am over seas and don't have access to a bike. It's a nice change and people seem to be enjoying them it seems.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts