Status
Not open for further replies.

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
Hi!

I'm pretty new to biking and riding with a camera altogether, I only got my license at the end of last year so I've been loving it since (love the freedom after spending 4 years driving a car), riding the hornet has been probably the best experience for a long time :)

I hit a pretty piss poor start to getting a camera because Amazon UK lost my order in transit so they upgraded me from a HD170 to a Drift Stealth for free, whether that's a good thing I don't know :)

First thing - Has anyone got the new Drift Stealth? Can you recommend a good microphone for it? I bought a microphone for the HD170 but I won't be getting that now and I see it takes a 2.5mm jack.

Also, have any of you tried mounting a cam on a flip front? I haven't got anything to work with yet but I am a bit concerned that it might be awkward as there is a big lip on the helmet on the side (Caberg Trip), it's a relatively windy lid as well so I don't know how it'll be on sound.

I'm from the same area as Spicy110 and I've been watching most of you on YouTube, all the names are familar.

Cheers guys!

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome, well I think it's the Drift HD you have if it uses a jack, I use the one that drift sell (but that's with the HD170 Stealth) as far as fiplids go,mine's on the side of it as on top it'll get in the way. and for audio just stick it in the cheek pad where the strap links to the helmet =)

Hope I helped, Ride safe

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
jaybee said:
First thing - Has anyone got the new Drift Stealth? Can you recommend a good microphone for it? I bought a microphone for the HD170 but I won't be getting that now and I see it takes a 2.5mm jack.

I think you mean the Drift HD. The Stealth isn't very different from the HD170.

As for the microphone, well lets just say that having a high quality microphone isn't a big priority. The microphone you bought to go with the HD170 sells on amazon for $4, including shipping. Just find yourself a mic that has a 2.5mm jack and go from there. The limiting factor most likely won't be the microphone, but rather the firmware on the camera.

Speaking of firmware, the VERY first thing you should do is update it. Go to Drifts webpage and follow the directions, it's really pretty easy.

As for your helmet, years ago I used a modular helmet. I think your best bet would be to have the camera mounted to the portion that moves, near your jaw, if you want it down low, or way up near the top like Half Throttle has his. I wouldn't expect good results in the audio area if you try to do a video with the helmet open, so I wouldn't really worry too much about that blocking the cameras view. I could be wrong on that though.

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
Yeh mixed up there, just got in from work so not thinking straight :)

Drift Innovation HD Action Camera - Black, 4.15 Inch Is the one they upped me to. £110 - £205 so I'm happy enough.

Cheers for the info on the firmware I'll get it flashed straight away.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Welcome!

I have the Caberg Trip, my HD170 Stealth which is larger than your camera will be fits fine on the side of the helmet, or it would also be possible to mount it on top :)

As far as sound is concerned, without trying to plug myself at all, the best thing i can advise is watch a video of mine, that's what yours will be like!

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Welcome! As of last Saturday I became a hornet rider too, awesome bike.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Same area as Spicy eh? I'm down there quite a lot, you're near Portsmouth then?

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
Chrus600 said:
Same area as Spicy eh? I'm down there quite a lot, you're near Portsmouth then?

Hayling Island to be exact :)

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
Chessecake94 said:
Welcome! As of last Saturday I became a hornet rider too, awesome bike.

Nice one, there aren't many about or at least the 1998-02 models but I give a wave to all that I see :)

And cheers Curly I didn't realise you use a Trip :)

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
Friz said:
jaybee said:

Get some pictures up!

:) Will do.

I have just got the HD through the post and it is sat in front of me, first off it is tiny! Secondly - no handlebar mount? :( And lastly - did they do away with the velcro? Seems like they just have the sticky brackets now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts