Newbie moto vlogger in Ireland

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
2007 Suzuki V-Strom dl650
Hi All and thank you for the kind welcome to your group.

I have been a car and bike nut for years but only recently started vlogging. With the recent covid lock down I was looking for a new hobby to pass some time. I have been watching YouTube for years and prob watch more YouTube than tv or movies, I do a lot of motor related projects and attend a lot of events so figured why the hell dont i try this and have a bit of fun with it too.

I currently ride a vstrom 650 ( sorry dont have any pics on this computer ) and have a YouTube channel which for now is just under my name "Andrew Fanning" but am working on re-branding the page and adding social media accounts such as FB and instagram to a new name " Broke Petrol Head ". A lot of the big youtubers having massive budgets for their projects but figured there was a gap for a channel for people like me who try to keep their passion alive on a shoe string budget.

Due to being on lock down the video's i have made so far have been more about reviewing and using the accessories I have been fitting to my bike but as the roads open up i am looking forward to producing some nice ride out videos.

Tried my 1st riding with voice over recording this weekend but was a epic fail but a good learning experience all the same, so have been using this site and you tube to figure the best work arounds to get the results I am hoping for.

My current setup consits of:
* huawei p20 with quad lock mount for bike
* cheap €40 4k action camera
* lenovo yoga tablet
* 50 piece gopro style accessoires kit
* chin mount
* various clips, brackets and selfie sticks from the WISH app
* filmora 9 subscription for editing

I will be upgrading some of this kit following what i have learned from my first ridding vlog and last night ordered parts to build a dedicated vlogging helmet which all in is adding up to €100 and change.

I already have a few videos about the camera and mounts I am using and will definitely document my experience of building the helmet in the hope it could benefit other newbies on a budget.

I would be trilled if a few of you could pop over to my channel " Andrew Fanning " and let me know how you think I am doing

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi @AndrewF welcome to the forum. We look forward to your input on here and getting to know you better :)
How come you went for the subscription rather than the lifetime option with Filmora 9? :) I recently switched to Filmora 9 from 8, it has some nice additions, but 8 was a little more intuitive and easier to use :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Welcome and the great thing about social media, there is plenty of room for everyone.

Sure we all want fame and fortune, but we have motorcycles so the universe gave us enough cool already . :cool:

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
Hi @AndrewF welcome to the forum. We look forward to your input on here and getting to know you better :)
How come you went for the subscription rather than the lifetime option with Filmora 9? :) I recently switched to Filmora 9 from 8, it has some nice additions, but 8 was a little more intuitive and easier to use :)

Thanks Hippodrone, already finding the forum extremely helpful just by reading through others posts, hopefully as i progress I can help out other newbies who come along.

Guess the reason for doing a one year subscription was the not knowing if vlogging was something that was going to stick or not and found the free version too basic and put watermarks across my footage.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
Welcome and the great thing about social media, there is plenty of room for everyone.

Sure we all want fame and fortune, but we have motorcycles so the universe gave us enough cool already . :cool:

Famous I definitely am not and i think my fortune must be so well hidden google maps couldn't find it , I do however have a motorcycle but even that looses all its cool factor once I sit on it :):p:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Aye the free one is not worth it. I did think about going subscription too but I've been using 8 for around 7 years, so figured I'd get on ok with 9 and it has the specs now to cope with modern cameras whereas 8 was struggling a bit on the latest tech

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
Aye the free one is not worth it. I did think about going subscription too but I've been using 8 for around 7 years, so figured I'd get on ok with 9 and it has the specs now to cope with modern cameras whereas 8 was struggling a bit on the latest tech

Hahahahaha Dont think I am any where near having to worry about the latest tech yet,............some day !!!!!!!!!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
but in the mean time, it gives you the chance to learn the software! :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
BTW, being an Ireland motovlogger, I do hope you are subbed to The GorillaBiker AKA @Gorilla you may also like Paddy Outback aka @P.Outback too. They have not been on here for a bit, but I love their channels. If you check them out, tell them I sent you from here! :D

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
BTW, being an Ireland motovlogger, I do hope you are subbed to The GorillaBiker AKA @Gorilla you may also like Paddy Outback aka @P.Outback too. They have not been on here for a bit, but I love their channels. If you check them out, tell them I sent you from here! :D

Thanks Hippodrone have popped over and subbed and said hi to @Gorilla and @P.Outback, looking forward to watching there videos after work ( and editing of coarse ).

Since i started uploading my taste in channels has changed a lot and have lost interest in a lot of channels ive been following for years ( maybe just need a break from them ) Would love to connect with and find other Irish vloggers channels, maybe arrange a get together somewhere, also very interested in vids posted by vstrom riders.

Have been busy reading through the site for tips and advise but looked forward to working my way through all yer channel posts real soon

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts