New To The Site :-)

CruzwthKen

Wannabie Member
May 12, 2017
North Carolina
I ride a
Harley Davidson Road King
Hey all, Ken here, so I have been tossing around the idea to start motovlogging, and I have been watching some guys on Youtube and I figured why the hell not.
So I have gathered just about everything I need, only issue is I have to get an adapter to hook the mic to my camera (picked up a SooCoo, and has a different plug than the GoPros). Also the other thing is since I primarily ride a cruzer, I don't wear a full face helmet, so I have been playing around to see what I can get to work with a half. So I am still working out the kinks and should have my first vid up in the next few days, I am heading to Myrtle Beach for bike week this weekend, so I should get some good footage.

I will see you guys on the road, and keep the ribber side down.
Ken

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Welcome! I guess it's a sacrifice you have to make by wearing a full face to provide the best audio protection against wind noise, unless you want to do a lot of trial and error using wind-sock/dead-cats with an open/half helmet. Don't quote me on that, I have no experience doing Motovlogs using open/half helmets.

Reactions: CruzwthKen

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
am just wondering if a throat mic would be able to eliminate wind noise?

Reactions: CruzwthKen

CruzwthKen

Wannabie Member
May 12, 2017
North Carolina
I ride a
am just wondering if a throat mic would be able to eliminate wind noise?
So I thought the same thing, i picked one up off Amazon, my original test at the house was not bad, i am planning on trying it out on the bike this weekend, so I will see if it works like I think it will.

Reactions: HippoDrone

CruzwthKen

Wannabie Member
May 12, 2017
North Carolina
I ride a
Welcome! I guess it's a sacrifice you have to make by wearing a full face to provide the best audio protection against wind noise, unless you want to do a lot of trial and error using wind-sock/dead-cats with an open/half helmet. Don't quote me on that, I have no experience doing Motovlogs using open/half helmets.
Yeah, that is true, the good thing I know a full face will work, but I think it would be cool if I can get something to work on a half or 3/4, it would make it a little different.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Yeah, that is true, the good thing I know a full face will work, but I think it would be cool if I can get something to work on a half or 3/4, it would make it a little different.
The wind noise will be your biggest obstacle, unless you consider putting a big windscreen on the motorcycle to block away all the wind.. Can trial and error, see how it goes.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts