New Platform? Re-creating Channel? Re-edits?

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
Anyone thought about switching to a new upload platform, maybe one that doesn't compress so much?

I've been at this for 3 years now and I feel my editing has definitely improved since video 1. That got me thinking about going through updating some vids, cutting some fat out, better transitions e/t/c and why re-upload to the same place where its just endless content...

Any other users do this?

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Anyone thought about switching to a new upload platform, maybe one that doesn't compress so much?

I've been at this for 3 years now and I feel my editing has definitely improved since video 1. That got me thinking about going through updating some vids, cutting some fat out, better transitions e/t/c and why re-upload to the same place where its just endless content...

Any other users do this?
Vimeo is actually an amazing platform. Most people who do film and artsy stuff post there instead.

The problem is that Vimeo's UI isn't as simplified and unified as YT's. Also no ad-revenue. And unless you're really into the visual and motion arts, the clarity of a Vimeo stream isn't usually worth it both to you and the people that would view your content.

Motovlogging and motorcycle content audiences are here to watch motorcycles, not 4k 240fps slow mo farkles with a bajillion video bitrate. They want something they can load quickly on mobile data or their limited internet lines, that Vimeo struggles to do compared to YT.

I do use Vimeo, but the kind of content that goes there, is highly specific to high quality videographic art. The vlogs, reviews, mechanical project and random shenanigans still go onto YT.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Been thinking of having my next channel on Facebook alone to be honest

Last edited:

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Been thinking of having my next channel on YouTube alone to be honest

I think I agree with you on that one. With all the effort I put in last year over all the different social media's I think if I put all that effort into youtube I would have been better off.

This year its going to be just youtube basically with only auto posts to facebook and twitter.

I will still do photos on instagram though.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sorry I meant Facebook
I think the main reason I am a fan of youtube over other mediums is that I can watch youtube at work whereas all others eg facebook/twitter etc are blocked

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Ad revenue sharing is coming to Facebook soon (Some content creators already have it). It will be interesting to see what happens at that point with content creators considering YouTube's view time went down dramatically (On creator analytics at least) in 2013 when Facebook and YouTube got into a pissing match about whether YouTube embedding counted as a new external session or not. Overall view count and view time dropped drastically, and most vids go viral on a trending Facebook thread before people realize it was first posted to YouTube.

Reactions: Arctic Pride

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts