Status
Not open for further replies.

FromARidersView

Wannabie Member
Jun 26, 2012
I ride a
2012 CBR250R, 1994 CBR600F2
Hello all!

My name is Matt, I live in Maine and plan to start motovlogging. I have pinned myself on the map, and am now here to introduce myself.

I am 18 years old, have my motorcycle endorsement and currently own a CBR600F2 from 1994. Tomorrow (today actually) I should be picking up a brand new 2012 CBR250R from my local stealer *cough* dealership.

I have a brand new GoPro HD Hero2 on the way and an external mic for it. I chose the GoPro because I had an old SD GoPro, then upgraded to the first HD Hero, and now the HD Hero2. I have always loved these cameras and had great experiences with them. For $260 shipped I couldn't beat it and another $25 for the mic!

Should be here this week, I will drill out my housing and hook the mic up and go for a ride! I can't wait!

Here is a picture of my CBR600F2...

182325_10150970214101214_1228636456_n.jpg

As you can see, she's not in perfect condition, but she's come a long way since I got her...

406805_10150583922376214_874632151_n.jpg

So I will be taking the time and restoring that bike to it's original glory as I ride around on my 250 getting 70+ MPG!

Anyways, that's about it. The CBR250R was an unexpected thing that I just realized I could finance so I didn't know about it when I shot the video on my channel about me and such.

Anyways, here is my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/fromaridersview (<----subscribe!!)

You may also notice I am into Subarus. I love them! I also like to mountain bike, rock/ice climb, ski/snowboard, and do pretty much anything else outdoors, so there may be a few outdoor sport videos uploaded among my future motorcycling videos.

Also, I have been watching a lot of motovlogs for the past few months, including (but not limited to) ARidersLife, BlinkyCab (what happened to him?), TheGardenSnake, LaurieJennifer, and FieldEffectt.

Can't wait to start putting out some videos with riding involved! See you guys around, stay safe out there!

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
Aprilia RS50 ( Previous )
Yamaha YZF R125 09 ( Previous )
New bike reveal soon ;)
Welcome! Just subbed, Looking forward to more videos from you :)

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
welcome to MV :D alot of work has gone into her

FromARidersView

Wannabie Member
Jun 26, 2012
I ride a
I have put in quite a bit of work, still a lot to do though!

I have...
Installed a new seat (old one had a broken mounting tab)
Replaced the right side clip on (old one was bent pretty bad)
Replaced throttle tube and grip (was stuck and cracked on bent bar)
Replaced tail light
Did quite a bit of wiring, previous owner had messed some of it up
Installed the fairings (not quite done with that)
Tuned up the engine
Painted the gas tank and cleaned the inside, going to repaint it again though, somebody in my shop whacked it and it's scratched again
Installed a muffler (yoshi slip on)
Replaced rear shock with one from a 93 F2, so it doesn't have a canister on it

Thing to do...
Replace brake lines (with braided steel maybe)
Replace radiator lines
Replace fuel lines
Replace front and rear tires
Replace chain and sprockets
Replace fork seals

And there's some stuff on both lists I'm forgetting, expect some videos on some of those upgrades in the future.

Can't wait to start motovlogging and riding!

Stay safe!

Iroquois14

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Overland Park, KS
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2011 BAE Systems M777A2 Howitzer
Too bad you bought all your subs.

Yep ladies and gents, this will continue. It's just too much fun.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi Matt and welcome along! :)

That's cool you're into Subaru's, I used to have a 1.6 GL Impreza that I used as a rally car on my old work's private land. I cut the exhaust off and generally ragged it around, it was a really good reliable car, if it wasn't so rusty it would have made a good road car.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
djfiper3 said:
Hi everyone, I'm seven and I ride a Bandit 600 called Mercy
I've been riding and vlogging for about 6-7 months now and it's been F-ing brilliant
I'm from Northern Ireland
I'm also a big Nerd, I love books, films, tv series, and of course games
I've made a few friends already but would like to make a lot more so, don't be afraid to say hello
I am on youtube at 7Hunted, so check out some of my vlogs, but be warned there are some bad ones,
as even if they are bad they go up, so you should at least get a laugh at how bad some of them are !

I'm pretty certain 7Hunted is already on here, i'm certain he rides an R6 now and i'm uber certain that he makes good vlogs so:

A) Don't threadjack
B) Go away.

(Sorry 7 if that's actually you, never am entirely sure on these things.........)

FromARidersView

Wannabie Member
Jun 26, 2012
I ride a
gpzDave said:
Hi Matt and welcome along! :)

That's cool you're into Subaru's, I used to have a 1.6 GL Impreza that I used as a rally car on my old work's private land. I cut the exhaust off and generally ragged it around, it was a really good reliable car, if it wasn't so rusty it would have made a good road car.

Thanks!

Yeah I love the cars, the GL was a neat car, my mom had one at one point I think.

I guess my love for them has to do with the fact that my dad was a top mechanic at the local dealership, and my mom was the top salesperson there too. I don't actually think we've ever had a time in my life where we didn't have a Subaru in our family. Now I have my own and love it. I plan to buy a nice shell and build a motor and do a lot of work to the car.

Anyways, that's off topic.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I got almost all my gear yesterday, just didn't get my riding pants, hoping they come soon!

I think I am buying my bike tomorrow, if I can get the right case for my GoPro before I go to pick it up I'll do a video!

I'm lucky that just a few hundred feet up the road from my dealer is one of the most popular riding roads in the area. Great scenic road, about 35 miles one way. Perfect road to take the CBR up for a first ride!

Weather looks great tomorrow, but I have to work early so not sure if I'll be able to pick the bike up tomorrow, might just be able to take care of all the paperwork :(

Depends on how long insurance takes, and other things. But I'm hopeful!

See you guys out on the road, stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Introduce Yourself! 11
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts