New Co Motovlogger

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Hi all new motovlogger from Colorado.

Bit about myself, I've been riding for bikes for almost 20 years. Started on a Honda trail 90 then moved to Hodaka, then a Bultaco, then a Husky, and... the list goes on. The bike I'm riding in my posted vlogs is a '96 XR600r with a few mods done to it. However, I will be doing a new bike reveal soon, just need the weather to cooperate a little.

At any rate new to the motovlogging scene. So far having a fun time with it. Hopefully the weather will turn soon and can start filming a bit more. Winter seams to be lingering a little bit longer than usual.

As just about any new vlogger I'm looking for feedback. If anyone has any constructive criticism it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a few questions for some of the more experienced vloggers here.
#1 What was the single best thing you did to up your viewer base?
#2 What would be your best suggestion for new vloggers?
#3 What mistakes did you make in the beginning?

Thanks in advance for any feedback it is appreciated! And feel free to ask me any questions.

You can find me on youtube, twitter, and instagram by looking for JohnInJeopardy

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I don't have a real subscriber base, but from what i observe with others with bigger sub amounts.

#1 - Have a lot of friends as your first subscribers, subscribers grow exponentially, if you have none to begin with, you will grow very slowly.

#2 - Do something that other vloggers in your vicinity hasn't really done well yet. Uniqueness sells. Or you could just go with "Sex sells. Anger and rage sells."

#3 - Your opinions are insignificant, alot of motovloggers start out making videos of what they think, what they do, what they feel is right on a subject. Make videos about what people want to see and hear about. Pander as much as you can to the most common denominator. That sells.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
Where in co are you? I'm planning on moving there in the next couple years up around glenwood. I love it there. Probly my favorite place I've ever been. Love the people and I always wanna bring by bike to ride trails but haven't yet.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Hummm start with lots of friends... damn going to have to find a few of those...
I'm planning on going the uniqueness route. Lots of guys riding around in cities or carving canyons. I'm planning on filming my trips that take some rocky dirt track to the top of a mountain.
Pander? SOL on this one as well I'm far to headstrong... family trait.

BurtRuber- I live a bit outside steamboat springs, which is about 1.5 hrs north of glenwood. Glenwood is a nice town. I've seen it grow quite a bit, like a lot of CO. When you're in town hit me up and we'll go ride.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
Mountain riding is what I wanna do so bad. I'd even do it all on my street tires on the sm. I have dirt tired but it's more fun to slide. I will definitely do that. My buddy who I ride with in all my videos is planning on moving out there with me also. I don't wanna live in glenwood really just anywhere in the mountains and definitely not Denver lol I like it the first time I went there then I wasn't about it. I like the mountains allot.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
Just curious how much is a 4 bedroom or so house going for rent wise?

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I love the mountains. Even being from here I still catch myself just staring at them. When I hear people talk about going to the beach on vacation I just think "mountains?!?"

Rent is probably going to suck. In Steamboat (and many other mountain towns) rent is stupid high. Too many idiots with money moved in and raised the cost of living. Something you may want to consider is living on the west side of Denver. You can live up in the foothill a bit, where housing is a bit more reasonable and more scenic, and depending on what you do for a living might be easier to find employment.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
I live by the beach and never go. It's not very fun. I have way more fun in the mountains lol. I don't like Denver at all. Co springs isn't bad. It's allot better then Denver. I'm a disabled vet so I get money no matter what. I also build race engines for motorcycles and quads and run cnc machines. I can probly get a job anywhere that involves turning wrenches if I really wanted to. I used to work on 40 million dollar air craft all day. I can fix anything with a engine and make anything with a engine faster so it won't be hard to find work. I'm in the process of starting my own company to offer billet parts for cars and bikes. Also offer high performance head work. I have access to the best machines money can buy for it besides a cnc head porting machine which my buddy is getting soon so why not sell headwork and engine work it's easy and I can do it anywhere.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
First off, thank you for your service.

I lived outside of CO Springs for many years. It's not a bad town at all. Especially being prior military you'll find a very welcoming community. Ft. Carson, is just south of town so there is a high population of current and former military. To go back to your previous question, rent in CS is much more reasonable. And lots of good riding!

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
No need to thank me I get paid monthly lol. Yea I know all about ft Carson. They got all the old helicopters I used to work on when we got new models. If you see a chinook flying around in Colorado I have worked on it. I liked co springs when I was there. I don't like city's tho. I've lived in the middle of no where most of my life besides the military and I really like it like that. I plan on buying a house out in the mountains when I get a chance but there is no telling when that will be. I wanna move out there and see where I really wanna live before I buy a place. I've only been out there a week at a time about 5 or 6 times I've seen down to co spring up to a little past Denver and all the way out to grand junction just off 70. I haven't adventures out into the towns way off 70 yet.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Welcome.

Wouldn't consider myself overly experienced but here are my thoughts.

I asked. Simple as that I asked people to sub and some did.

Do it for fun and not fame.

Thought about it too much.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Thanks Ninja, Thomas and Mol!

Welcome.

Wouldn't consider myself overly experienced but here are my thoughts.

I asked. Simple as that I asked people to sub and some did.

Do it for fun and not fame.

Thought about it too much.

Thanks for the response!

Motorpsych

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2016
Japan, near Tokyo
I ride a
Honda VTR250
Welcome! I Don't have a huge subscriber base but my answers to your questions are:
#1 maybe get a shout out from someone who has more subscribers. But in the end you have to have content that's appealing to that crowd. Also be on some other social media. I per like Instagram because I enjoy snapping photos with my phone. You can also get some short clips from your vlogs and post them. You can point people to your channel witha link in the bio.
#2 what @lupin said. Do it for fun, because you enjoy it. Do it to learn something new.
#3 I think my first ones were too long, too slow moving, and without enough energy. I was usually making motovlogs after work, so I was tired. Be excited and the audience will too. That's a lesson I'm still learning.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts